Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #61
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Heres todays progress, no commentary too tired....

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #62
David Steele
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
might be confusing with another motor. Y32 V8s have less Y33 have more and a shorter intake runners/hotter cam / bigger injectors / better oil pump set up. Essentially its a black valve cover top motor not silver.

post a photo the motor your talking about and I will dig up the other one I have

btw has any one tried to use the RB26 awd bell housing on the VH or VK V8 motors ?
Uh you're mistaken Y33 have VH41 in them, and secondly GTR r32/r33 4wd is a completely different pattern and don't match up with any of the V8's.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #63
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Steele View Post
Uh you're mistaken Y33 have VH41 in them, .
it has a shorter intake runner, and its you have to remember y33's v8's say less power on paper but really actually have more but lets make another thread for this so we can discuss what I found later, lets keep this thread on track.

Quote:
and secondly GTR r32/r33 4wd is a completely different pattern and don't match up with any of the V8's
btw as for the bell housing is what I was asking about for the transmission bell housing, not the entire unit with transfer case etc.

so you can or can not use the RB bell housing on the VH motor ?
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #64
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
damn you work fast keep it up +rep
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #65
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
it has a shorter intake runner, and its you have to remember y33's v8's say less power on paper but really actually have more but lets make another thread for this so we can discuss what I found later, lets keep this thread on track.

btw as for the bell housing is what I was asking about for the transmission bell housing, not the entire unit with transfer case etc.

so you can or can not use the RB bell housing on the VH motor ?

I own both dude.

On with the show for GSracer it's a walk in the park really.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #66
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Heres some more pics one of my friends (user yuca) took today

One of the other projects

Old 09-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #67
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Second gen camaros FTW. Here is my road racer
Old 09-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #68
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
fricking belligerently awesome, what kinda mileage this thing get in the deuce ?
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #69
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
damn homie... that shit is gonna be off the hook!! Do you see turbos in the future??

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #70
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Im thinking turbo, but if the mazworx cams make power, ill be going n/a with itbs. My bare minimum goal here will be 350 whp, i dont think i should have trouble.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:22 AM   #71
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
good to know my project isn't the only one with a little overspray on the windows.

looking good man, props.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #72
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Excellent! SOOOO happy you decided to go back to a beastly motor setup... I remember seeing your header build-up, and loving it.

Keep it up, you've got a hot Zenki fo sho.
No longer a Zenki, he did a Kouki conversion ....I can't wait for this to be finished

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #73
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Im happy to see see this swap again V8 swaps are the shit!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #74
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
holy mother of pearl. i wish i could do this swap to my S30.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #75
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicit240 View Post
holy mother of pearl. i wish i could do this swap to my S30.
Its been done, twin turbo no less lol .
Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #76
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
*Subscribed*

Hell yea, I remember the original build. I am glad that you decided to do this again. Lookin forward to seeing this completed.

I would like to see you and SinisterSentra build a car, you two both have serious talent
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #77
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
do work son.

and go with cp pistons if you gonna be doing bottom end
Jodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #78
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
looks better 2nd time around.

vh looks so sexy. i say leave it the way it is, no need to powder coat anything.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #79
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Those ferrari red valve covers you had last time were dope, you got to do that again.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #80
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
very nice build cant wait to see startup videos and running videos...
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #81
LS240
Zilvia Member

LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
ITBs! ITBs! ITBs!

Look up Extrudabody. They do ITB setups for all kinds of cars, and since their actual throttle bodies are universal, they just have to make new mounting plates for each application. For reference, most of their setups cost about $2000-2500 for a complete setup minus injectors. They could probably make you a set if you ask.

Oh ya and how much do these VH45s weigh?
LS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #82
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
the motor hes using i belive is a vh41de if im reading the thread right 97-01 q45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #83
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

It's a 1995 vh45de
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #84
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Got it running today. First start up was a little rough, as i had a couple spark plugs that broken that i just stuck in the holes to plug them which i forgot about, and i had the firing order backwards on the driverside bank, but once i got new plugs in her, and fixed the firing order and plugged the vacum leaks it purred like a kitten.

First video, running rough

YouTube - Vh45de s14 again first start up 450sx part 2

A little better after tune up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP2_O4YoBnc

Last edited by gsracer; 09-06-2008 at 09:57 PM..
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #85
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Man you work fast!! Props to ya. I was curious if you are just bolting the rad support in since you painted the bay without it welded in allready.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #86
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
this is a nice car
Ben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #87
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
BAD ASS
Great job... you do work fast haha
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #88
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice to see someone that does a project without sitting around contemplating why they suck at it

oh and def rear mounted turbo and intercooler with the cold pipe going through the interior thru the dash!!

also what engine management are you using or plan to use?
Forge_55b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #89
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
werd, Jerry gets shit done. Hey homie, Guillermo has my coupe you should go check it out
Old 09-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #90
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
a lot of things are ballin' out of control in this thread.