Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #301
laextreme5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
laextreme5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Thank you for the kind words! My man Charlie laying down the welds. My good friend Dennis designed/made the support brackets. Minor update only. Tubs and bash bar are in the works.

[URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/user/scotheocelot/media/240SX%20Coupe/A15782F5-69BB-436A-990B-A9BB35C92937_zpsoxyfadzf.jpg.html]
Where did you get these conectors? im wanting to do somehting with my front tueb section as well to make it removeable.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #302
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Welp....... here goes something.

Any final words Whalen?
Old 08-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #303
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
The fab skills and attention to detail...oh my. Cant wait to hear her fire up especially after hearing Whalen's exhaust note with his headers. Kudos to you and the build.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #304
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
The fab skills and attention to detail...oh my. Cant wait to hear her fire up especially after hearing Whalen's exhaust note with his headers. Kudos to you and the build.
Thank for the kind words!

So we have been extremely busy at the shop lately, my build getting pushed in the back while customer projects roll thru. It has been a year since I have been out of a decently quick car, so needless to say the urge to drive is very real. A few of my buds have recently acquired street cars as they too are in the process of building their car. With that, I made a phone call to a good friend of mine, a guy in the Nissan game for many years to inquire about his coupe he has been building over the past few years. Come to find out he was willing to sell it to a "likeminded" individual. So after some back and forth I was able to acquire his coupe.

I must admit this car brings back so many memories for me. This coupe is very similar to my first Nissan (89' SR swapped Coupe), BUT has all the right Japanese parts, with a mixture of USA and Australian pieces mixed in. Of course it wasn't without some quirks which I am in the process of changing. Lets call it "Scottie's mini street coupe build". Anyways, I will get to the pics. A full list of mods will follow.

Pulled out of a barn after months..

After a quick wash

Installed new Sony deck, Greddy Profec B and Greddy Turbo Timer. I know a timer isn't needed with today's turbo tech but again, this build is my time capsule. I wanted to stay true to the 90's mods. Also hit with SEM trim paint and Nismo shift knob.

http://s102.photobucket.com/user/sco...pjxlp.jpg.html

Deep cleaning. Pulled the iron out, deep wash, clean and one pass with the polisher. Ceramic coated for protection.

BEFORE

AFTER

Quick notes of things I absolutely love about this coupe.
  • NEW weather stripping!
  • NEW carpet, headliner and steering column stalk!
  • OEM Silvia Aero bumper, skirts, rear valences
  • Wedssports 17" wrapped in Nitto NT05 235/40 square setup
  • OS Giken 1.5 Super Lock diff is predictable
  • GTX2867R w/External WG is an awesome street turbo

Stay tuned....
Old 11-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #305
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Time for upgrades! There isn't much to upgrade, but I cannot leave things well enough alone. Again, the whole reasoning behind this car is to be a simple, effective upgrade of oem (if upgrade exists) while maintaining the original feel of a 90's era Nissan chassis. This means no crazy AN, Hydroflow, or the like fittings on everything (strategic places only). It also means keeping braided lines to a minimum and/or discreet. The car developed an oil leak in the turbo return hose so I figured now is the time.

BEFORE (for reference)

PARTS!

Removed power steering reservoir, lines, steel (yes steel) intercooler piping, intake, fuel line, fuel filter, sway bar, etc.... and ALL WORM GEAR CLAMPS!! I am going back with constant tension gear clamps or OEM Nissan hose clamps for coolant, oil and fuel.

Power Steering fittings and hose addressed. AN fittings here because I hate leaks. Might as well adjust the pressure for a better feel.

Machined rack fittings

Not be overlooked, heat shield on the lines since they route close to the turbo.

The interior is one of the nicest I have found in many years. Everything works, new carpet, new headliner, C's short shifter w/new boot, LED backlit cluster, Cusco 6 pt cage, Innovative gauges and Broadway mirror. BUT I don't care for the Bride and Status mixed match seats. So....

PBM HMIC coated black for stealth mode. I even heli-coil the mounts to use OEM Nissan bolts for extra measure.

Now to address the turbo situation. Two major things that bothered me was the turbo outlet to hotpipe and the open Tial WG dumped between trans and dp. I caused unwanted cabin noise and frankly I want to hear the turbo.

Solution? Recirc that bastard! Do not forget to add heat shield to new return hose.

I had a custom wrinkle grey and pearl mix powder coat. This will go on the Intake Mani and Valve Cover (think Nismo N1 RB26 inspired). Added a light wrinkle coat to aluminum piping with a Synapse Engineering recirc valve.

Stay Tuned.....
Old 11-30-2016, 02:00 PM   #306
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Awesome! Car looks like fun.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #307
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees_Garage View Post
Awesome! Car looks like fun.

Thank you sir!

Bay is starting to take shape. Its pretty much how I imagined it... so far. Still have a little ways to go but I am getting a little excited.

Updating the wiring on the gauges, finish the oil lines for the relocation and add a couple of brackets for the splitfire coil, boost gauge and sensors. More to come shortly.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #308
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That color on the Intake Manifold is absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:01 AM   #309
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
That color on the Intake Manifold is absolutely Gorgeous!!!
Thank you! I will see if I can upload a quick video of the pearl within the wrinkle once I get everything buttoned up.

Added Temp Sensor to the water neck

GREX oil relocation "kit"

Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #310
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Intake tube mocked up. Planned it perfectly as I wanted to go with a simple straight tube. Marked fittings for oil catch can and bypass valve recirc.

I still have a little ways to go but I am finally seeing the revamped setup come to life. Just a few more days and fluids go back in!
Old 01-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #311
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
effing sweet!!!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #312
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Well she is about buttoned up. The unfortunate thing about the recirc is I did not anticipate the brake booster interfering *facepalm*. So, the DP will have to be dropped for a tweak and the synapse bpv recirc to the intake completed but otherwise she runs.

Shout out to Wolfreighn Motors. The coil pack cover is sweet.

It may not be a complete transformation, but an improvement nonetheless.

I will keep you guys posted when I make the switch to E85.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #313
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Wow, love the color scheme and setup.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #314
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What clamps are you using on the charge piping?
Old 02-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #315
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
What clamps are you using on the charge piping?

Murray Turbo Seal clamps.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #316
obscene
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome! nice work
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #317
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Interior turned out well. But as usual I cannot leave well enough alone. I will be making some changes within the next couple of weeks. But for now, I have nothing but positive feedback from the local guys.

Had to snap a quick parking garage pic.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #318
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
link to the wiper motor cover please. love that engine bay!
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #319
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo0d View Post
link to the wiper motor cover please. love that engine bay!
Check the Advertisers Sales Section. The company is UAC (Unique Auto Creations). He offers some cool items for the S Chassis. I also have his dual cup holder for the armrest and door speaker inserts.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #320
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Still Alive and Kicking. Customer cars on hold and the street car has been placed on the back burner to get back to my true love.

Enough small talk....

No bull**** brake booster delete. Wilwood Tru-Bar pedal assembly with appropriately sized master cylinders & Tilton bias adjuster

First up, the reservoirs. I want to have convenient access and take advantage of the extra space within the bay. Most place them inside the cab, but I am of the mindset the less fluids directly inside the cab, the better.

Once the cleco's are removed, the reserviors will sink into their pockets allowing the bracket to sit flush.

Oh.... and our odyssey has officially begun.........

More updates to come!
Old 01-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #321
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

More runners showing up to the party

Finished the reservoir setup. I am happy with the fitment.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #322
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

More to come...
Old 02-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #323
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Final removal/disassembly for flange and double slip welding.

PSA - There are debates whether to purge stainless steel. Well here is a real world bench test for you guys/gals.

Without Purge

With Purge

All Aluminum parts have arrived with radiator arriving next week. We are going to bang out a couple of cages real quick and post updates on the rear radiator setup. Stay tuned!
Old 10-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #324
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I cant wait to see this done