Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:20 AM   #31
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks!

Here another update, because I was very busy last weeks.

Finally managed to mount the fuel tank, fuel/brake hoses, e-brake lines and the subframe etc for the last time.

Another step further

Also made some steps with the cooling panel.
Now I only need to make some mods to the piece where the hood lock sits, that needs to be lower for the hood.

Everything on the front is aligned, headlights, bumper etc., but the corner lights didn't fit very well on top, there was a gap. on the right side it was even worse.

So I added some fibreglass, strengthed it from the in and outside.

Then grind it off and more measurement

Alot of work later, it fits perfect

Also did some more work in the inner arches.
Made some mounting holes/brackets extra

Last pic for now, I just need to do a couple small things and then I can bring her away for paint!

Sneak preview for the color, it will be painted in Aurora Blue pearl of the R35 GT-R.
As I love blue, also I want to keep it in a OEM Nissan color.
The calipers will be painted in Porsche speedgelb, I think that this combination will look good!

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 01-24-2017 at 08:01 AM..
CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #32
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
This is so good. Awesome work so far!
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #33
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Rad. Loving the attention to detail on the exterior body panel fitment.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #34
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
job well done.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:14 PM   #35
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
at first i didn't think the gap around the corner light was that bad but it looks 20x better after you fixed it.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #36
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Thanks! I'm happy that I fixed it otherwise I think that it would annoy me when the car is build up

Another update:
The last couple of days I did alot of work to finish all the fiberglass work.

First, started with the rear overfender where the fuel cap sits.
I've choosen to let the fuel cap cover to sit on the original position, so you can see that the car is wider then original.
Originally the overfenders had a piece for in the opening, but because I want to keep the cover on the original position I had to modify thatm

First, fill the outside with Fiberglass so I can use that as a mold for later.
Then add fiberglass to the inside to fill it up, so I can make it fit perfect.

Then sand the outside down to the right size

Finished it off with topcoat and then more sanding for the final result.
The overfenders will be attached with kit. There is a minimal gap between the overfender and original fender, so I think that it will fit perfect.

Such a mess haha

Also found a new place for the coolant expansion bottle, I'm gonna use the original bottle.
First I wanted to mount a alloy bottle on top of the wheel tub but this will be a bit cleaner.

Also started with working on the cooling panel.
First, I had to cut the middle part, because that has to sit lower because of the hood.

Like a puzzle haha

Then started to fill-up the gaps with more fiberglass. When it is hardened I'm gonna sand it more down to create a smooth and thin surface.

Also recieved a few pictures from the painter.
He already sprayed the bumpers, spoiler and small parts.
The color is Aurora flare blue pearl of the Nissan R35 GT-R.

Somewhere next week I'm gonna bring the whole car for paint. Can't wait to start re-building!

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 02-06-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Old 02-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #37
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
thats a nice color
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #38
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks! Can't wait to see everything in one color

On Wednesday i'm gonna bring the body to the paintshop. Finally done with everything.

Also some progress of the cooling panel.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:56 AM   #39
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Skill set on point
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:58 AM   #40
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Here a close up video of the color, I love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uljvk9SxFz8

Also assembled the mirrors, I combined the JDM mirror inside with the LHD mirror holder and heated glass, so now I got electric folding mirror + heated glass

Also prepared the calipers for paint
Old 02-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #41
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Your car will look unreal out in the sun
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #42
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Goddamn that interior looks clean as fuck.

Also saddens me about losing the euro bumper. I would love to have one of those.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:24 PM   #43
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Cleeeeaaaaaannnn AF....

Keep up the good work!

Ch

sent from knee deep in snow
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:35 AM   #44
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
Goddamn that interior looks clean as fuck.

Also saddens me about losing the euro bumper. I would love to have one of those.
That is funny, alot of people in europe want the usdm/jdm rear bumper.
But from the US I heard alot of people who want the eudm/jdm look haha

When you got the plateholder/fog light part and when you make some cutouts in your usdm bumper, then you can mount it straight into your existing bumper.
If you want I can look for here for you

Here another pic:

The interior will be full-black except for the seats.
Already dyed the carpet black and made a black suede roof liner, think that it will look good!

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 02-15-2017 at 03:54 AM..
Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #45
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

This thread is an inspiration for me! Super clean, everything done right!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #46
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiNo4ReaL View Post
That is funny, alot of people in europe want the usdm/jdm rear bumper.
But from the US I heard alot of people who want the eudm/jdm look haha

When you got the plateholder/fog light part and when you make some cutouts in your usdm bumper, then you can mount it straight into your existing bumper.
If you want I can look for here for you

The interior will be full-black except for the seats.
Already dyed the carpet black and made a black suede roof liner, think that it will look good!
Isn't that how it always is tho? You always want what you don't have!

I kind of figured that's how it worked but I never really saw any definitive info on the euro plate holder. I might have to take you up on that offer tho! xD

Your interior is going to be looking mint with the black out and those seats and door card contrast. I blacked out my carpet and headliner with the fabric dye and OMG it makes a hell of a difference on the look of the interior.

Are you going to be molding the gauges in the vent area?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #47
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Haha indeed!

By the time that you want it, just send me an message and I will look for you in our community!

I already got my car since 2008 with the original eudm look, so it time for a complete new look.

I'm not sure yet, I liked it how it was before because I could still use the central vents.
When it is moulded I can't use them anymore.

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 02-15-2017 at 12:29 PM..
Old 02-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #48
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiNo4ReaL View Post
Haha indeed!

By the time that you want it, just send me an message and I will look for you in our community!

I already got my car since 2008 with the original eudm look, so it time for a complete new look.

I'm not sure yet, I liked it how it was before because I could still use the central vents.
When it is moulded I can't use them anymore.
I will keep it in mind!

You could go for something like:

(pics from a post in HIDplanet/interior thread)

But then you would need to move your ac controls somewhere else.

No matter what you do tho, I am sure it will turn out beautifully.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:16 AM   #49
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Finally some updates

A fellow SX-ownersclub member is painting the car, so brought the car to him

Started with paint prep and primer, after this the car will be painted in a normal paint booth. Everything will be be painted in 1 color

The screws are only for holding the overfenders on the right place, they will be removed when the fenders are kitted to get the best result as possible.

Also recieved my flatoutgfx RPF-1 center covers from the states.
I like these much more then the original RPF-1 center caps.

Calipers also almost done.
On the front calipers there will be a black Brembo sticker added and then it will be sprayed with clearcoat.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #50
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Looking great! love the fiberglass work
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #51
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Damnit man. . . now I want to spend 1000000000000 hours making my Origin kit fit this well. Great work, keep it up!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:54 AM   #52
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Bodywork is alsmost done, hopefully that he can spray the car in the spraybooth this weekend or next week

Also recieved the most parts for my engine rebuild.

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 04-25-2017 at 08:22 AM..
Old 05-21-2017, 04:44 PM   #53
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Finally an update with alot of progression!

The car fully wetsanded smooth

In the mean time sprayed some small bits so they would be as new. i had to wait so did these things

Also recieved my new ACT clutch, to replace the Exedy stage 1 as it only can hold 390Nm of torque. I think that I'm gonna go over that with the new setup.

Last weekend the painter finally sprayed the car! Today I picked her up.
Cool to see the difference between color and with clear coat.

The color looks really awesome in the sun, I like it alot!
In the shadow it almost looks like the original color but when there is alot of light/sun it really sparkles

Finally back home and started immediately

Old 05-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #54
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Goodness gracious
Old 05-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #55
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Beautiful job so far. Your skill with FRP is amazing!
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 AM   #56
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Old 05-23-2017, 07:27 AM   #57
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks for the kind words

I'm in a hurry because I want to have the car build up asap to get MOT (it is a every year test of the car to see if everything is safe). After that I will take out the engine again for the rebuild, then break it in and then map it on the dyno.

I got a roadtrip planned in the beginning of August with a few friends to Italy, I want to drive it with the S14 so I got alot to do!

Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 AM   #58
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Yesterday did some work on the interior.
Doors almost complete, only need to mount the side window.
Also put the blacked out carpet back in together with the rear seat and panels.
I'm relocating the battery to the back

Next is to mount the abs pump, brake/clutch lines back and then to the wire loom. Then I can finally but the engine back in!
Old 05-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #59
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Great progress so far.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #60
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Engine bay almost ready for the engine. Hopefully I can put it back next week!