Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
clutch not disengaging

I was at the track drifting on my new clutch (which isn't a good idea because you cant beat on a new clutch, it literally will not let you)

ultimately I lost over 50% of my pedal feel (still returns) and the clutch wouldn't disengage
new everything in there too, from the clutch to the fork to the pivot ball its all brand new
slave cylinder piston extends about 1 inch which I believe to be normal travel
I even started the car in 5th gear with the handbrake up to see if anything seized. the car started and when I let go of the clutch the motor died telling me its only partially disengaging and my clutch isn't fried.
no loss of fluids or visible leaks (maybe its leaking internally and I cant see it yet?)

has anyone else had this problem and what fixed it?
im starting with bleeding the lines but im not very hopeful of that. I don't want to rip out a trans and find its something little.
also someone else pointed out the tube that TO bearing sleeve rides on may have broken off, but I would think that would make some sort of noise
Sponsored Links