Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #121
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
You should just compete. It's a lot of fun. Not sure as to the future, but we have something big planned for the end of the season.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #122
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Sold all of my onroad stuff due to san diegos onroad racing scene being dried up. Now moved onto offroad full time with a b4 and sc10
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #123
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
whys it gotta be when i have woooooooooooorkkk... T.T
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #124
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Round 5 sign ups are open
RC DriftClub • View topic - Drift Showdown S3 Round 5 ALL INFO

As are Round 6 sign ups at a very special location, the Tamiya USA track. This is a once in a bluemoon kind of venue for drifting.
RC DriftClub • View topic - Drift Showdown S3 Round 6 FINAL BATTLE @ TAMIYA USA

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #125
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
It's been a while since I messed with them, probably about 7yrs. Back then I was running an Xray Fk05 in the Florida on-road series. That was back when brushless just started coming around along with lipo batteries. I'm getting back into it and kinda confused by all the new electronics... So has everyone pretty much done away with brushed setups and ni-cd batteries? What is a cheap brushless setup that is commonly used?
NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #126
Aroddalobster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Aroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
for the rcdc comps, is signing up required? or can we just go on the day of with $20? I'll probably be going since it's the week after finals and I'll finally have a bit more free time.
Aroddalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #127
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIsAZero View Post
It's been a while since I messed with them, probably about 7yrs. Back then I was running an Xray Fk05 in the Florida on-road series. That was back when brushless just started coming around along with lipo batteries. I'm getting back into it and kinda confused by all the new electronics... So has everyone pretty much done away with brushed setups and ni-cd batteries? What is a cheap brushless setup that is commonly used?
Brushed is only used in spec classes where only Mabuchi motor can be used. ni-cd is long long gone. Hell, NiMH batteries are becoming uncommon as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroddalobster View Post
for the rcdc comps, is signing up required? or can we just go on the day of with $20? I'll probably be going since it's the week after finals and I'll finally have a bit more free time.
Signing up is required, as it gives us an idea of how many people are showing up, and allows us to set up qualifying groups and our score sheets beforehand, instead of having to modify everything last minute. Makes everything flow so much better and makes for a well prepared event.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #128
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Damn at the Tamiya track?! I heard that you were only allowed to run on that track if you had a Tamiya
Old 05-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #129
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^yes, but RC DriftClub - The Premiere RC Drifting Organization since 2006 made it happen!! ^^speedpassion cirtix stock club race esc is common, but not so great(i have had two escs and 3motors go out on me), but at 80-90 it includes esc and motor. Novak, Tekin, Lrp all make good escs with good support.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #130
Aroddalobster
Zilvia Member

Aroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enough
are those events noob friendly? I have no real track experience and am not affiliated with any cool people teams
Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #131
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Like real cars there is a few types, drifting, racing and practice. IMO racing is not so noob friendly unless you join a begginer/rookie class. Drifting is imo noob friendly, lots of fun and not as serious(from what I have seen). Maybe arcticdragon192 can give some insight on drifting since he attends those events often.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #132
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
^yes, but RC DriftClub - The Premiere RC Drifting Organization since 2006 made it happen!! ^^speedpassion cirtix stock club race esc is common, but not so great(i have had two escs and 3motors go out on me), but at 80-90 it includes esc and motor. Novak, Tekin, Lrp all make good escs with good support.
Hell yeah we did. No need to have a Tamiya chassis for this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroddalobster View Post
are those events noob friendly? I have no real track experience and am not affiliated with any cool people teams
Very noob friendly, and if you need practice, there is CalRaceway in Orange that holds weekly Wednesday night drift sessions. So you can test and tune and improve your driving there.
Also at competitions, everyone is always helping each other. Just this last round, we had 5 new faces show up and compete. There is a good amount of practice time before qualifying so you have time to get used to the track and get feedback from other drivers as well.

Quote:
Like real cars there is a few types, drifting, racing and practice. IMO racing is not so noob friendly unless you join a begginer/rookie class. Drifting is imo noob friendly, lots of fun and not as serious(from what I have seen). Maybe arcticdragon192 can give some insight on drifting since he attends those events often.
Drifting is very beginner friendly due to the fact that the atmosphere is very fun, lively, and friendly. There's not cut-throat atmosphere here and we all help each other out, either with driving tips, set up tips, lending a hand in fixing a car, lending parts, etc. Everyone is just out to have a good time.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #133
Aroddalobster
Zilvia Member

awesome, I've been planning on going to one of the drift jam sessions for the last several weeks, just haven't had the time to actually go b/c of school. I finally ordered a spool, 1-way diff, and an actual body for my ta05v2 along w/ wheels and tires to go w/ the new body, so I should be good to go by the time I graduate/have more time next month.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #134
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The IS-F flush drifter.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #135
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Body I just started. The camera can't capture the epicness of the true color. It's Candy Purple backed in silver then white.

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #136
GeneralLee562
Leaky Injector

GeneralLee562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Never got into the onroad scene but I started about 2 years ago with nitro off road, then slowly moved my way up to electric. Currently running an Hotbodies 1/8 scale buggy with mamba monster setup which runs on 4s battery.
GeneralLee562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #137
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
^ nice chaser my man !
qwerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #138
Poppadoc
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Poppadoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i dont use them as much as i should

Poppadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #139
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Thanks qwerth. can't wait till it's done.

this is what i've been working on...

Here's the begining of some of my track pieces i'm making from the *Famous* Tsukuba Circuit.

Dunlop Tire

Begin...

End

Pit Area

I will be making another 4 Bay pit area and in between the pit areas there is a huge building with the AutoBachs Logo on it. I'm also going to make 2-3 grand stands, and on Tsukuba Circuit there is an on site Shell Gas station, so thats on the list too!!!
Let me know what you think! It's just Cardboard and hot glue/paint.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #140
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
i wanna see gas powered drift car. i never see em.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #141
DennisC
Zilvia Junkie

DennisC is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's my drift chassis:

S15:

EVO X:
DennisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #142
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
speedpassion cirtix stock club race esc is common, but not so great(i have had two escs and 3motors go out on me),
Cirtix shit sucks. When I used to run onroad I had my esc thermal on me twice even though i had proper gearing and all. Id rather buy something used than buy new Speedpassion Cirtix stuff IMO.

For those looking for a real dope setup for the price if you have a buddy whos active in the any of the branches of service, Tekin does an insane discount for those who are active. Tekin Rs system with motor for $160!!!!

I sold all of my cyclones to focus on offroad because San Diego is heavy with the offroad scene with SDRC just recently opening and all of the backyard tracks that are within the county.

I do miss having a drift car but in San Diego it isnt all that practical to have one when hardly anyone in San Diego even RC drifts anymore. I was an awesome drifter with a shitty setup when I was younger, I wish my skills in rc drifting translated into the racing scene because boy its tough to keep up.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #143
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
This is coming up this sunday. Those of you who want to check it out, its at Welcome to Speedtech R/C - Your R/C Company its on san gabriel blvd, next to indian restaurant, uncle joes donuts, and all the plant nursery's. Some cool life size cars there too.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #144
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Yep, come check it out. Competitions are always a ton of fun.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #145
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
Body I just started. The camera can't capture the epicness of the true color. It's Candy Purple backed in silver then white.

Thats hot! Your about to make me paint my FD body and get into the hobby again! I miss RC drfting, does GenkiDoriDori still exist for the rare parts?
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #146
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganNastyMachine View Post
does GenkiDoriDori still exist for the rare parts?
You seriously couldn't have just typed it into google or something?

Why the hell did we get rid of rep again?

Genki DoriDori, - RC Drift Goods
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #147
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks!! I've only bought a couple things from them including this body. So I don't know what you consider rare but they do have some good stuff on their site.

I've been into RC drift since 2005. In my 11th grade English class I would watch the OG drift videos from SG Drifters in Singapore. I was a regular on RCDori.com. Then I got into 1/18th offroad in 12th grade and in my shop class I programmed a CNC milling and cut arms and shock towers.

Then I got back into rc drifting in 2007 when I got my 240sx. And turned my tc3 into a drift car. Then I got the diggity designs carbon chassis conversion for it. Then I found the chance circuit/nakamura illegal mill videos and got into really modding the bodies with custom styrene pieces. We'll see what I come up with for this body.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #148
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

on top of the 4 bay... 6 MORE BAYS!!!

going to start on the control tower tomorrow which looks like this...

and the gas station which looks like this
Old 06-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #149
Rezist89
Leaky Injector

Rezist89 is an unknown quantity at this point
im getting myself into it soon sorry for bump
Old 06-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #150
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Haven't drifted in super long, due to working too much. Might get back into it, not too sure yet. This is the first body, I ever did. Took 3 cans of paint. I'll try to get clearer pictures, but it's a really nice color. It's a Tamiya pearl white, backed with the Tamiya flake, then backed with Tamiya super white. Not exactly in that order, because I don't remember.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote