Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #10771
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Someone do a mount kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #10772
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Yeah buddy. Ecoboost will be the swap of the future. But my pockets ain't deep enough to be pioneering this stuff. So far, even the Ford guys are having trouble getting it to work smoothly.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #10773
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I saw a EcoBoost locally with the transmission super cheap, made me reconsider my SR swap...

Seems like an EFR on an EcoBoost is a winning combo, seems like the "manifold" options are very limited at this point though. I am sure we will see more happening with them in the next few years.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #10774
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Shit. I'd be happy with the power(310hp/320lb-ft) right out of the box, not to mention fuel economy(21/30).
Old 10-16-2017, 07:27 AM   #10775
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
I saw a EcoBoost locally with the transmission super cheap, made me reconsider my SR swap...

Seems like an EFR on an EcoBoost is a winning combo, seems like the "manifold" options are very limited at this point though. I am sure we will see more happening with them in the next few years.
More like the manifold options seem nonexistent... That integrated manifold thing is really odd, but I'm not sure its an actual problem. I mean, the Lebanon Ford kit pushes 550hp with their EFR and FullRace makes T4 kits that utilize the factory turbo manifold too. The factory manifold would probably fit my modest needs just fine, but I could see how it would limit a high HP application.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #10776
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Yeah buddy. Ecoboost will be the swap of the future.
Would this transplant receive the same hate as the LS swaps, or will it get a pass for being a hair dried four cylinder? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #10777
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Would this transplant receive the same hate as the LS swaps, or will it get a pass for being a hair dried four cylinder? [emoji848]

That's a good question. I think it would have its haters because murrican . Though those that were wise enough to see beyond would be ya it's a 4 cylinder turbo with lots of parts available I can live with that.

Though there is a bigger problem here right now with owning 240's in North America. Nissan USA! They have discontinued vital basic parts for S chassis cars in the U.S. and have no intention or desire to ever bring any parts back.
Ya you can get everything in Japan and for those of us who have Japanese connections it could be our saving grace. Yet for pretty much most North American 240sx owners the days are numbered.

Nissan is not the car company today , that I grew up with. Owning several Nissan made vehicle's for the better part of my life I can now say they have effectively killed that brand loyalty.

Of course for the people that manage to hang on the swap idea is great except I would be surprised if any company would go down the road of making an actual swap kit. It will be a one by one DIY thing.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #10778
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
That's a good question. I think it would have its haters because murrican . Though those that were wise enough to see beyond would be ya it's a 4 cylinder turbo with lots of parts available I can live with that.

Though there is a bigger problem here right now with owning 240's in North America. Nissan USA! They have discontinued vital basic parts for S chassis cars in the U.S. and have no intention or desire to ever bring any parts back.
Ya you can get everything in Japan and for those of us who have Japanese connections it could be our saving grace. Yet for pretty much most North American 240sx owners the days are numbered.

Nissan is not the car company today , that I grew up with. Owning several Nissan made vehicle's for the better part of my life I can now say they have effectively killed that brand loyalty.

Of course for the people that manage to hang on the swap idea is great except I would be surprised if any company would go down the road of making an actual swap kit. It will be a one by one DIY thing.
Fontana Nissan (they post on here, a guy named Juan) can get you anything you need from Nissan Japan. They've helped me source a ton of brand new OEM stuff for my S15
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #10779
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post

Don't know & don't care. Besides, not all Ecoboosts are four cylinders. I'm just as excited for the 3.5TT. There are way more of those to choose from as they're been in production almost 5 years longer than the 2.3t and pull into EVERYTHING Ford considers a people hauler. Saw a 2005 Mustang running a stock 3.5TT and it made 435hp and 500ft/lbs. And that was AFTER it was detuned to preserve the transmission he was running and to meet the regulations of the auto-x class he was running in.

Also, I got a change to look over the new V6 2.7TT Ecoboost at State Fair last week and talk to a Ford rep about it. I wanted to understand the CGI alloy used in it's construction. The Compacted Graphite Iron used in the block's construction is supposedly in-between cast iron and aluminium in terms of both weight and durability. And hooooo my god had the dinkiest cute little turbos I've ever seen making that 325hp & 400ft/lbs.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #10780
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The only swap hurdle I see is that it's a rear sump with a cast pan.

Mounts should be cake.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #10781
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Even that I would say isn't that hard, anything mechanical can easily be cut, welded, modified, whatever. Being that it's such a new model, I would say the electrical part/wiring would be the toughest part.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #10782
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I would say the electrical part/wiring would be the toughest part.
Yeah, this is what's giving everybody bitch fits. Something about the Ford control packs not being supported or rather, but I don't know details.

Where's Corbic? I bet he knows all this Ford shit...lol
Old 10-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #10783
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Speaking of Ford. Was driving and heard a Fiesta st drive by. Such a mean sound coming out of such a small car.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #10784
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Tesla is going to have a HARD time in about 18 months (which in the automotive world is a blink of an eye). There’s no way they will be able to keep up with the big manufacturers. Volvo announced it will have a Model 3 competitor by 2019. Also, Tesla fired 400 people and aren’t coming close to getting up to speed on Model 3 production.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #10785
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Tesla is going to have a HARD time in about 18 months (which in the automotive world is a blink of an eye). There’s no way they will be able to keep up with the big manufacturers. Volvo announced it will have a Model 3 competitor by 2019. Also, Tesla fired 400 people and aren’t coming close to getting up to speed on Model 3 production.
Looks like the writing is on the wall for Tesla's automotive division. But it always seemed to me that this was Elon's end game with his decision to make their R&D open source and shareable to the big named manufacturers. He pushed the EV category to the next level, made everyone take note and follow suit. Now that they're onboard, he can dip out, focus on his solar roofs, gaint in-home solar batteries, Mars colonization missions & whatever else... lol
Old 10-18-2017, 04:04 AM   #10786
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
Fontana Nissan (they post on here, a guy named Juan) can get you anything you need from Nissan Japan. They've helped me source a ton of brand new OEM stuff for my S15
I am speaking about S13 and 14 the S15 was newer and yes it is easier to order S15 parts.
Even though you can get S13 and S14 Parts in Japan. You will probably find Juan is even hard pressed to order the S13 and S14 stuff because remember it still has to come through Nissan NA. Trust me on this I have several friends with first hand recent experience on trying to order S13 and S14 parts and indeed found he could order S15 parts easier.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #10787
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Holy fuck, this is the concept for the next Mazda 3. Considering how great the production versions of Mazda’s concepts have been this thing is going to be gorgeous. If there’s a turbo, 6mt this will be my second car. It’s soooo clean but so expressive.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #10788
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Hopefully they'll keep the MazdaSpeed 3 tradition alive. That certainly looks a lot better that the ugly AF Civic turbo.

Geez, while we're at it, let's hope the Miata gets a mid-cycle refresh along these lines. Everytime I see one IRL, I barf a little bit.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #10789
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
next mazdaspeed3 is meant to be AWD and turbo charged on Mazdas skyactive 2.0 motor from what ive found around the web (even via a few mazda dealership websites)... though id say kiss manual option good bye

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #10790
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
next mazdaspeed3 is meant to be AWD and turbo charged on Mazdas skyactive 2.0 motor from what ive found around the web (even via a few mazda dealership websites)... though id say kiss manual option good bye
No way (Keanu voice). Mazda is the only one who feels is right now.

Man I’m having lots of feels over this thing.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #10791
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Ok for fuck sakes, this is the concept for the next Mazda 6!!! Which btw still currently comes in a stick. The rest of the Japanese manufactures need to re-evaluate their designers.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #10792
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
im glad mazda is so big on staying with their wagon designs... seems like a style of vehicle that has really fallen off in the US

Old 10-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #10793
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Motortrend is speculating this might be a more premium sedan above the 6. I’m fucking down.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #10794
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Motortrend is speculating this might be a more premium sedan above the 6. I’m fucking down.
Probably would be called "Mazda 9" as a callback to the 929.

I don't see this happening just yet as the trend in the US has been leaning more towards crossovers. Then again this car can be released in the Japan only, while design elements trickle down to the Mazda 6 for the US.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #10795
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Probably would be called "Mazda 9" as a callback to the 929.

I don't see this happening just yet as the trend in the US has been leaning more towards crossovers. Then again this car can be released in the Japan only, while design elements trickle down to the Mazda 6 for the US.
Actually that makes perfect sense since every CUV has a sedan counterpart with Mazda...except The CX9. Yes there’s a sedanapocalypse, but Mazda has been doing very very well the last few years and a car like this would really round out the brand.

Where everyone else is struggling is they have 3, 4, 5, 6 sedans on the same platform. That used to help spread costs, but when not one is selling well, all of a sudden the tens of millions in developing that went into badger engineering (admittedly that has all gotten light years better since the 80’s-00’s) to spread that coat around turns into wasted millions. With Mazda they are just so lean right now. They have 6 whole vehicles and one of those is a NICHE convertible. Luckily they have 3 incredibly well selling CUVs to boot. I dunno, Mazda just seems like it’s in a good place to be bold. A position the Big 3 haven’t been in frankly. Their break up wit Ford was probably the best thing that could have happened to them.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #10796
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Well to reiterate my comment about the Evo blasphemy...here’s the new...um...”Evo”.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #10797
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! that thing is gonna get boo'd off stage!

Old 10-24-2017, 08:15 PM   #10798
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sure these had to be the inspiration for the design. It's the only explanation:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #10799
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Mazda just debuting sex on wheels and Mitsubishi does that and Nissan does this...

Not sure which ones worse.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #10800
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Here’s Honda’s retro EV coupe. I dig it. No word on if it’s RWD or not yet.

EDIT: it’s based on the same platform as the Urban EV which is FWD. still this thing is pretty fucking cool looking.

Last edited by exitspeed; 10-25-2017 at 07:32 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote