Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #481
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp01gqbUCQQ
some info on raven apu and zen 2 :P
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #482
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hi guys... Can you help me pick a new laptop? I don't really do any gaming. I just do Windows/Office suite work, social media browsing and lots of streaming. So, I don't need anything crazy powerful, but I don't want anything that is frustratingly slow as shit either. I'm only looking to spend in the cheapie $200 to $300 range.

Here are my preferences that I think will fit my budget:
- Quad Core Processor
- SSD
- ?gb RAM
- Touchscreen
- Windows 10

Is SSD unneccessary for speed when you have a Quad Core Processor? Or vice versa? Or is it more important to buy more RAM and skimp on the SSD and go to a Dual Core Processor? I don't really know what I'm doing here...lol

It's a little over my budget, TBH, but what do you guys think of this little thingie?
Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11E 11.6" Touchscreen 1366x768 Convertible Ultrabook, Intel N3150 Quad-Core 1.6 GHz, 128GB SSD, 4GB RAM, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, HDMI, HD webcam, Win10 Home 64-bit

Last edited by simmode1; 09-05-2017 at 11:42 AM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #483
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
ssd makes a big difference. hard to find a budget with ssd on a 2 in 1. unless you're willing to install it yourself.

my wife has the dell inspirion 3000 crap. def the HDD makes it way slower.

that lenovo 128gb ssd is pretty useless with all the bloatware its going to have... yikes. maybe clean it up. strictly only os and a external drive for everything. a usb type c would be a plus if you can find one with it.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #484
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Ahhh... Thanks. I went ahead and bought the 3rd gen version, which is has the slightly newer (than the one I posted) Intel Celeron Processor N3150 processor that I don't expect to make much difference. It's got USB type 3.0 connections. I'm sure it won't impress any serious tech heads, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of my last Asus POS cheapie.

Can you elaborate on cleaning up the SSD? Do you mean remove some native software/apps? If so, what is the point of that? To make more space or increase speed or what? What should I remove? Is the uninstall process for Native apps the same as downloaded apps?
Old 09-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #485
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

all or most pre-made pc have unneeded software/programs. being 128gb is real small. its going to be gone quick. just uninstall unwanted stuff to minimum so, the only thing on your ssd is os/your main used program/malware protection (i use malwarebytes). plus you dont want unwanted program running on the background eating up your pc resource.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #486
simmode1
Post Whore!

Ok, thanks. I always get nervous about deleting native apps like I'm gonna get rid of something I need and brick my machine by accident... lol... But I don't expect to run through 128gb very fast (111gb actually, now that I check my storage space on this thing).

But as I test drive it as evening, my first impressions are pretty positive for a $300 laptop.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #487
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
If you can, I would get a laptop with an i5 processor for that price. If you can spend the loot, I would suggest having an SSD.

I currently have a 17" Lenova 7th gen i7 (Cost was $450 total) as my work laptop and even though it has 8gb of ram, bootup is so slow with the standard HDD.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #488
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j6TiSdKT0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1bp9eSfwo

jim did a great job.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #489
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
If you can, I would get a laptop with an i5 processor for that price. If you can spend the loot, I would suggest having an SSD.

I currently have a 17" Lenova 7th gen i7 (Cost was $450 total) as my work laptop and even though it has 8gb of ram, bootup is so slow with the standard HDD.
It's got an SSD with 4gb of RAM. I have no complaints on boot up speed, but launching new programs is slower than I'd hoped for. Still faster than my last machine though.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #490
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

fuck it...i'm not building my zen build or not building my TR build. until amd lowers gpu to advertised launch price.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #491
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well I'm an idiot, I built a Z270 rig recently and now Intel goes and drops Coffee Lake way earlier than any rumors had suggested. I am really liking the performance gains from my X58 system when it comes to just daily tasks and browsing, feels way more responsive overall.

If anyone is interested, I bought a Rockit 88 delid tool for my 7600k and now its basically useless to me. If anyone wants to borrow it or send me their CPU to delid LMK, made a HUGE difference in temps.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #492
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Coffee Lake chips are almost impossible to come by and there is no clear date as to when they will be available. It could be as late as sometime Q1 before there is stock.

I have a 8700k on preorder from B&H, but im not in a hurry.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #493
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

intel paper launch. they wont be able to keep instock until next year.

i think its disgusting also happy seeing it like this. $350 @ 6c/12t w/OC 5ghz (aio only)..
the years of robbing ppl and evil monopoly ways. lets see how long z370 last cause it
still loses to a proper 1700x multicores/workloads. price could be still lower plus 8core should be the standard of a mid range pc.

raven ridge should be coming 4Q for amd to cover apu side then 12mn zen2 should be closing ipc gap. if 12nm can delivery 300-500+mhz more. it will be the finishing move. 5ghz wont matter unless intel can cool their hot cpu.

but, does it all that matters? while software still crawling around like a rock (not even a round rock....a flat one)
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 PM   #494
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/int...uencies,2.html

lol
Old 10-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #495
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Almost there. Mrsp no more or more less.!

Anyone getting wolfenstien?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #496
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I actually just got notification this past Fri my 8700k got shipped out from B&H, so there is some stock trickling in as dismal as stock may still be.

As a gaming Cpu I'm optimistic it will work good for the next 5 years or so. Agreed it runs too hot for comfort, but I think it will work well with delid, decent case, and a good aio. I'm just waiting on the ek mlc and ASUS apex mobo to be released at this point before I have all the parts to my gaming build

I am hoping amd will come out with a more competitive cpu, gaming wise in the future. I don't think it's fair to count on companies not being greedy, but I do think they will have incentive to offer more value should there be competition. As much as I would like to root for their cpu's and gpu's I don't have faith in Amd, their products as far as a setup for gaming. If gaming wasn't a priority for me, Ryzen would be great.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #497
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC_nxwtrrVk

this game is amazing. GOY in my book.

still waiting for vega aib

pray to the silicon god your cpu makes its to 5ghz+easily which it should.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:04 AM   #498
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC_nxwtrrVk

this game is amazing. GOY in my book.

still waiting for vega aib

pray to the silicon god your cpu makes its to 5ghz+easily which it should.

What the fuck are they doing to the 1080 cards? That looks so washed out.

My card doesn't look like that at ALL. There is no way that's a fair comparison of cards. Not a chance in hell. My GTX 770 SLI cards didn't even look that bad.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #499
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

W2 idtech vulkan+fp16 is just a start of using amd tech. this game really likes memory which why 1080ti takes over on 4k. even vega56 easily man handles over 1080 on this game.
but, you can look at other sketchy reviewers like duderandom,linus,NG,HWU etc i dont trust. to make you feel better.

more games using proper vulkan/dx12 api and amd tech plus driver optimization. you'll start seeing more of this... amd beating nvdia's overpriced cards on future titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4kpUMMYPs
Old 11-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #500
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://newsroom.intel.com/editorial...-thin-devices/

Well done Intel. This a big fuck u to Nvidia. Maybe Intel will buy off RTG? To battle Nvidia.

I'm in for the market for a powerful tablet/laptop for drawing/graphic stuff. Ms surface/notebook is over priced or too weak.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #501
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
This should provide AMD the $$$ it needs to get competitive in the GPU world. This is great news for us.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #502
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Anyone getting wolfenstien?
I downloaded it 2 weeks ago. Just got into it this past weekend but it is awesome... Surprised how well it looks/plays on my 8320/r9 290 as I still haven't got around to upgraded my chip/board set yet.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #503
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post
I downloaded it 2 weeks ago. Just got into it this past weekend but it is awesome... Surprised how well it looks/plays on my 8320/r9 290 as I still haven't got around to upgraded my chip/board set yet.
it should! this is what games should be all like .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwF5XewHmU8
like i said 8 cores should be THE standard
Old 11-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #504
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5xbaU3FdE
good info
Old 11-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #505
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

just got my phanteks evolv shift itx case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMT9POePU40
Old 11-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #506
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
IT HAS THREE 8 PINS??!!

https://videocardz.com/73947/sapphir...red-and-tested

Also rip AMD?
https://videocardz.com/newz/samsung-...novation-award

I am all about team red but I cannot see how AMD would complete against this with HMB2.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #507
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

3 - 8pins, 4 - 8pins, 100 - 8pins just bring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
IT HAS THREE 8 PINS??!!

https://videocardz.com/73947/sapphir...red-and-tested

Also rip AMD?
https://videocardz.com/newz/samsung-...novation-award

I am all about team red but I cannot see how AMD would complete against this with HMB2.
still no where hbm can do. nvidia top end gpu tesla p100/v100 doesnt use hbm2 for nothing. that massive. p100 732gb/s and v100 900gb/s. plus don't forget 1.2v. with its smaller foot print intels is jumping on the hbm game also.

current vega uses samsung lowend hbm2 800mhz and only 484gb/s 2048bit bus. no where near fury hbm1 512gb/s.
hopefully , well get a revised vega next year. 12nm and 1000mhz+ hbm2.

if you watched that raja saga video. the guy explains navi could be game changer. the direction nvidia is looking also.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #508
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Are you building something? because this is the PC builds and hardware thread, and I haven't seen you post anything you've built yet.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 11-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #509
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

nah fuck that i just like to buy cases and parts.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #510
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
nah fuck that i just like to buy cases and parts.

Well that's no fun, I was hoping to see what someone else was building.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!