Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
liquidus

Trader Rating: (0)
liquidus is making a name for him/her selfliquidus is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I made a Chrome plugin to get around Photobucket

After being away from the s-chassis world for a while I was dismayed when I came back and found so many great threads rendered useless by Photobucket's stupidity. The reason I was car-less for a while was I was focusing on my career...which was in software development so...I created this chrome plugin

Get Blocked Images Plugin

The only cheap and easy way to get around photobucket is to actually load up the images locally, so that's exactly what this does. It loads the images up in background tabs, copies them into the current tab, then closes those background tabs. This is generally quick and easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwp7matw9co

Only one word of caution, if you use the plugin on a build thread with like 100 images, it can take upwards of a minute to load all those images, but it works. Here's a video illustrating it working on a large build thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYEgMuCtBw

That video also demonstrates how even if Photobucket crashes due to it being so horrible, the plugin will leave the tab open so you can refresh it and still view any missing images in the left-open tabs.

That's it, enjoy. The plugin also has a donate button built in, I did spend quite a bit of time figuring out how to work around their horrible website, so any donations are appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bro this is awesome! I've just been commenting in peoples threads their photos don't work lol
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
This is the kinda stuff that makes Zilvia so great. Fantastic user base & community. Great job, man.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I'll enjoy this until Photobucket blocks it
Old 07-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
liquidus

liquidus is making a name for him/her selfliquidus is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
I'll enjoy this until Photobucket blocks it
The good news is that in order to do that they'd have to make their website completely useless, not that I'd put that past them. Since the plugin works by actually going to the photobucket website in your browser, there's no way they can differentiate the plugin from you just visiting their website. It doesn't use a proxy server like another app I found, so it can't really be blocked.

To stop the plugin they'd have to stop you as a user from going to their website and viewing a user's photos. Which, again, I wouldn't put past them. But at that point they'd just be a private photo storage page.
liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Bump, this is great. Beats using archive/wayback machine to reload old threads.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
This is awesome!

Your demonstration video has Zilvia in it, you'll probably contribute some additional new members as well!

Thank you!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Did it stop working?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote