Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Floor jack / lift options for lowered cars

Many threads in the past with good info, but several of those are now outdated.

What have you found to be the best jack / lift option for your lowered car and your garage?

My new garage has only a 9 1/2 foot roof, so 2 post are generally out of the question.

My awesome old school Craftsman floor jack broke, so now I am looking at options again. People use to rave over a Costco jack that was pretty low, but it doesn’t seem to be available anymore?
Old 11-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Just my input here as I don't have room for a lot of equipment. I use the cusco floor ramps, they're two pieces and they are lightweight. Once I drive the car on there then I can get my standard floor jack.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Motormaster (here in canada) makes the best low profile floor jack I've ever seen. I believe Michellin makes the same one in the USA.

Most of the entire body of the jack is under 2 inches tall. and has a very long reach.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0090226p.html

Old 11-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Motormaster (here in canada) makes the best low profile floor jack I've ever seen. I believe Michellin makes the same one in the USA.

Most of the entire body of the jack is under 2 inches tall. and has a very long reach.

That looks awesome! Good stuff!
Old 11-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Anybody use these?

https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html

Curious if it's worth the investment. Would still be on a roller, and not a chair which something like MaxJack would allow, however the price is significantly less than a MaxJack and I would assume setup is far easier.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #6
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
with a 9 1/2 foot ceiling you can use a two post half lift. Lifts it roughly waist high
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #7
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
with a 9 1/2 foot ceiling you can use a two post half lift. Lifts it roughly waist high
Like the MaxJack,correct?

I am strongly considering. My only issue has always been the price. They are too expensive IMO for what they are. That being said, again, I am definitely considering.

Thanks for the input!
Old 11-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #8
loser101
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
loser101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to loser101
I got Arcan XL2T. Works well for me but I still have to drive the front of the car onto something 1"-2" high before using the jack.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #9
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Like the MaxJack,correct?

I am strongly considering. My only issue has always been the price. They are too expensive IMO for what they are. That being said, again, I am definitely considering.

Thanks for the input!
Try finding a used one. They're out there, if you were local to the New England area, I could sell you for one 500$. My dad had a business before he got sick, and he let the bank tank the building but not before he cleaned out all his machines and what not.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #10
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
Try finding a used one. They're out there, if you were local to the New England area, I could sell you for one 500$. My dad had a business before he got sick, and he let the bank tank the building but not before he cleaned out all his machines and what not.
Dang... Yeah, I am in FL but if I was closer I would probably take you up on that.

I just visited NE for the first time a month ago - incredible area! Beautiful.

Edit: If you find yourself making a trip to FL, lmk. Will throw you a few $$$ to bring it along to drop off HAHA.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #11
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Dang... Yeah, I am in FL but if I was closer I would probably take you up on that.

I just visited NE for the first time a month ago - incredible area! Beautiful.

Edit: If you find yourself making a trip to FL, lmk. Will throw you a few $$$ to bring it along to drop off HAHA.
If I ever do, I gotchu bro
Old 11-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #12
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...ump-61253.html

This is the lowest one in my experience. I usually make a ramp out of 2x4's drive up it and jack it up by the front subframe or rear diff.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #13
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I've had the Arcan XL35r for awhile (almost 9 years) and I bought it at costco for $80 or $90. The second low profile jack i've used was a buddy's who had a Snap-on or Maaco ultra low profile jack; similar style to this one (https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.co...n-P264734.aspx).
Old 11-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #14
lazy_flip
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
lazy_flip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to lazy_flip Send a message via AIM to lazy_flip
If whichever jack you have isn't low enough, I've found these ramps to be perfect to get things started:

https://au.gktech.com/super-low-car-ramps-pair
lazy_flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #15
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im considering this one.

https://www.quickjack.com/
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #16
zer0c123

zer0c123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine has been a Norco 2 ton or 3 ton floor jack that I purchased in 2009. I usually drive on top of of a 2 x 4 to get the jack under the car.

I just deal with the extra step with the wood and don't bother with the low profile racing jacks.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
zer0c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #17
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post

I got the Michelin low profile jack from canadian tire (was $150 on sale), I think it the same one as motomaster, its great!
no need to roll up on a block of wood to get the jack under the car, only problem is its like 90lbs, so its not a good portable jack for auto-X or drift events

jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #18
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Anybody use these?

https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html

Curious if it's worth the investment. Would still be on a roller, and not a chair which something like MaxJack would allow, however the price is significantly less than a MaxJack and I would assume setup is far easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
im considering this one.

https://www.quickjack.com/
say good-bye to your s-chassis frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by jookybanana View Post
I got the Michelin low profile jack from canadian tire (was $150 on sale), I think it the same one as motomaster, its great!
no need to roll up on a block of wood to get the jack under the car, only problem is its like 90lbs, so its not a good portable jack for auto-X or drift events

[IMG]https://instagram.fcxh3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/219b5226d31b875e0b5cb28ad172440d/5C847042/t51.2885-15/e35/32495793_2057933207789989_7058200257535934464_n.jp g[IMG]
That's one beautiful looking floor jack. Wish they sold those in the US.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #19
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
one of my friends got that one from Costco, and its sketchy as fuck
even with a lighter car like an ae86 on it, it feels incredibly unstable
0/10 would not recommend

also, in my own personal experience, I have a full size 2 post lift installed at my shop, and we only have 9 1/2ft ceilings. with a s13 you can get the car high enough to walk underneath, but not stand fully upright. obv if you have a taller vehicle like a truck, you'll have less room, but still

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #20
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Anyone have experience with this sucker?

https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.co...iABEgKJBPD_BwE
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #21
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Floor jack / lift options for lowered cars

I have a high lift low pro jack from harbor freight thats solid af - ill see if i can find a pic. Made by Pittsburg. Sucker is heavy but has some serious lift

Old 01-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #22
bvr463
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bvr463 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if money isn't to much of a issue, i would go with quick jack. That is what i mainly use at home and at the track if need.
bvr463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:47 PM   #23
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
GKtech ramps and the harbor freight low profile jack here. The combo serves me well.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #24
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
that's cool that quick jack is so mobile! i am still in debate between that one and the short 2 post lifts from lowes...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:20 AM   #25
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Any of you guys use rubber adapters for your jack-stands to prevent damage to the pinch welds on your stand points?
Old 01-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #26
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Hockey Puck with a slice taken out by a wood hand saw almost half way through.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #27
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
Any of you guys use rubber adapters for your jack-stands to prevent damage to the pinch welds on your stand points?
I use silicone jack stand covers when I have my car on jackstands. When I lift it, metal on metal for both my front subframe and rear diff.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #28
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
do you have a link EJ8?

i bought these, only to realize its only for lifts and jacks, not the actual jackstands themselves.

https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/jack_frame_adapter
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #29
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Hockey Puck with a slice taken out by a wood hand saw almost half way through.
those don't work with jack stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
I use silicone jack stand covers when I have my car on jackstands. When I lift it, metal on metal for both my front subframe and rear diff.
got a link to the one you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
do you have a link EJ8?

i bought these, only to realize its only for lifts and jacks, not the actual jackstands themselves.

https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/jack_frame_adapter
https://www.phase2motortrend.com/pro...ajackbl-gd.htm

These phase2 adapters I was looking at look like they're only for lifts and jacks too. I was looking at aluminum jack stands that have the flat top, they look like they might work with frame adapters, but I'm not sure.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #30
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Double - Delete