Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #1
Blackmassive2669

Trader Rating: (0)
Blackmassive2669 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Cut 5 gear, 4k rpms Ka24e

Alot of threads based on fuel cuts for dual cams and SRs but not for single jingles. I would appreciate if someone can link me to a thread about my question if it exists.

I have a fuel cut around 3500 rpms in fifth gear. Im probably going 75 mph to keep up in traffic(my speedometer doesnt work), but accelerating a little more and boom, cant accelerate till im around 3500 rpms.

Since i bought this car(89 240, ka24e) my speedometer would work randomly. My odometer was working, but out of nowhere, it just stopped. Around 207,000 miles.

So i just assumed it might be speed senor(still kinda believe it is. Kinda). But the weird part is that when the speedometer randomly works, i can go waaaaay past 4000 rpms, and dont experience any fuel cuts.

Now yesterday, there was a bug on my cluster and i tapped it with my hand and the speedometer and odometer started working, and eventually died out. But i can keep on doing and it'll work for a little bit.( im hitting around the speedometer btw)

So the main question, has anyone ever experienced this problem? Can a bad cluster give bad reading, telling the computer im going too fast and then cuts its fuel? Or the problem most definitely the speed senor?

No fuel cuts when speedometer is working
Fuel cuts when speedometer isnt working
Blackmassive2669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Probably best to look at the FSM and review the wiring diagram of the speedometer. Then check your wires from there to see if you have a loose connection or corrosion.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
Ugly SR
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Ugly SR has a spectacular aura aboutUgly SR has a spectacular aura aboutUgly SR has a spectacular aura aboutUgly SR has a spectacular aura aboutUgly SR has a spectacular aura aboutUgly SR has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the exact same problem, zero issues after the HUD/ speedo starts working. I read somewhere that a resistor in the HUD doesnt work until it gets hot (like an hour of driving, or sitting in the heat on a summer day) After that all is well.... I have not looked into it further, but would love to find the fix for it.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your 4th and 5th gear are speed limited via RPM by the ECU. That's why you can't go above 3500.