Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #10621
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Oof! That was fast...lol
http://jalopnik.com/a-poor-kia-sting...ady-1800660282
Old 09-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #10622
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
God Nissan... put this thing out of it's misery already. Who is even still buying enough of these for them to stay profitable?
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ple-more-years

Edit: This is just painful to look at...
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html
Old 09-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #10623
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I wonder when Nissan is gonna make a "We Give Up Edition" of the Z...?

Least they could do is take the car out to the cornfield and put a bullet between its eyes like you would do with ANY farm animal no longer pulling its weight due to old age or sickness.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #10624
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn 370 already has 8 model years, that's an eternity for a car.

But this is Nissan we're talking about here, the Titan had MY's from 2004-2015!
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #10625
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I firmly convinced the powers that be at Nissan are clueless Frenchman. Who are only interested in being decidedly French and have lost fact that Nissan is and was a Japanese car company not Renaults Red Headed step child.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:16 AM   #10626
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
God Nissan... put this thing out of it's misery already. Who is even still buying enough of these for them to stay profitable?
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ple-more-years

Edit: This is just painful to look at...
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html
Painful is the right word. Embarrassing comes to mind too. The Camaro and mustang have had two generations in that time and a mid cycle refresh.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #10627
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Painful is the right word. Embarrassing comes to mind too. The Camaro and mustang have had two generations in that time and a mid cycle refresh.
And they got the nerve to continue pricing it at $29,990 for brand new.
They need to be like $25k at this point. There is zero reason to pay over $4k more than an entry level Mustang or Camaro for the Z, IMO.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #10628
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Oh hell yes. All of this shit. Expect we won't be getting it.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #10629
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^See? Now thats why I keep posting all the Kia stuff. We know they're gonna drop an FR coupe at some point... It's just a question of when and for how much?

What is that thing?
Old 09-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #10630
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
^^^See? Now thats why I keep posting all the Kia stuff. We know they're gonna drop an FR coupe at some point... It's just a question of when and for how much?

What is that thing?
It's a shooting brake concept called the Proceed. Everything they are doing right now is gold.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #10631
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Just look at the fucking profile. Good lawd!

Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 AM   #10632
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Oh. I thought it was a coupe in the other picture. Kia tryna bring back station wagons? lol
Old 09-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #10633
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
^^^Oh. I thought it was a coupe in the other picture. Kia tryna bring back station wagons? lol
Wagons are making a strong comeback right now actually. The reason CUVs are booming is because people want the utility. Wagons offer that with a lower profile. I'm genuinely considering the new Regal wagon. I'm waiting for them to hit dealers so I can see one in the flesh.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #10634
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I had to go & google what that looked like... Its not bad. I'm all onboard with a wagon resurgence if they follow Telsa's lead on how to fit 7 passengers in something about the size of the Model S.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #10635
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Sooo the Kia stinger is a Charger, and shooting brake is the new Magnum, got it.

I hope the Z4 will looks just like the concept, have a 3rd pedal, and more importantly... I hope I can afford it. [emoji23]
I don't have high hopes for the new Supra appearance.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #10636
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
I hope the Z4 will looks just like the concept, have a 3rd pedal, and more importantly... I hope I can afford it. [emoji23]
Shit bro... can you afford the current Z4? They'll probably be similar in price & they aren't exactly inexpensive. I'm not above waiting a few years (more like 10+)...lol
Old 09-08-2017, 11:55 AM   #10637
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Sooo the Kia stinger is a Charger, and shooting brake is the new Magnum, got it.

I don't have high hopes for the new Supra appearance.

Pretty sure they confirmed it will have a third pedal.

And I've stated previously why I think the Supra will have one as well.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #10638
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
^^^I had to go & google what that looked like... Its not bad. I'm all onboard with a wagon resurgence if they follow Telsa's lead on how to fit 7 passengers in something about the size of the Model S.
I wish companies would go back to the reverse seating third row wagon. It makes so much sense.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #10639
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I wish companies would go back to the reverse seating third row wagon. It makes so much sense.
I would guess its a safety issue. I would not want to see what would happen to those kids in the above pic if a Suv hit it doing 45mph.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #10640
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^They got a rear crash safety rating of GOOD... but yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to confirm that with my family. Looks dicey.

But I'd welcome other manufacturers to figure out a way to further increase safety reinforcement. That means more weight, I guess...lol
Old 09-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #10641
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Shit bro... can you afford the current Z4? They'll probably be similar in price & they aren't exactly inexpensive. I'm not above waiting a few years (more like 10+)...lol
Not really... but I did't say I'd buy it at zero miles off the lot. Lol

Quote:
Pretty sure they confirmed it will have a third pedal.
[emoji869]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I would guess its a safety issue...
Not to mention all the akward eye contact in stop and go traffic. Haha

[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #10642
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Brings back memories of riding in the back of my mom's old busted ass station wagon. Used to make faces and moon following cars.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #10643
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Brings back memories of riding in the back of my mom's old busted ass station wagon. Used to make faces and moon following cars.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yeah my grandpa had an old wagon like that and my cousins and I would go buck wild back there messing with cars behind us.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #10644
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I'll be curious to see how Tessa holds up in a year or so after all the dope EV's that got announced last night start rolling out from BMW, MB, Jaguar, and Honda. IMO they are going to suddenly not look so special and it's growing pains will
Old 09-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #10645
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I'll be curious to see how Tessa holds up in a year or so after all the dope EV's that got announced last night start rolling out from BMW, MB, Jaguar, and Honda. IMO they are going to suddenly not look so special and it's growing pains will
It should be interesting indeed. I think their growing pains might become more apparent with the rollout of the Model 3. Hopefully they can have lessons learned from it before they rollout the crossover Model Y. I also like the recent news that Telsa is looking at rolling out supercharger stations in dense urban areas.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #10646
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Right. Now that the big name car makers are throwing serious development dollars at EVs, Tesla will have a hard time keeping up with their quality, IMO. At least initially. But Tesla has already made a big name for themselves in this field. We'll see if that can sustain them up against this competition until their actual merit speaks for itself.

Speaking of the other guys, you guys seen the new Honda EV concept? Probably won't be RWD, but still pretty retro cool looking...

Looks like the 1st gen Civic...
Old 09-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #10647
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Right. Now that the big name car makers are throwing serious development dollars at EVs, Tesla will have a hard time keeping up with their quality, IMO. At least initially. But Tesla has already made a big name for themselves in this field. We'll see if that can sustain them up against this competition until their actual merit speaks for itself.

Speaking of the other guys, you guys seen the new Honda EV concept? Probably won't be RWD, but still pretty retro cool looking...

Looks like the 1st gen Civic...
I literally came in here to post some of these cars, that Honda being one of them.

There's just no WAY I'd consider a Model 3 over that Honda or MB, A Model S over that BMW or a model X over the Audi. They are too shoddily made and designed.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #10648
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That Honda looks sweeeeet!! I would totally rock one of those. As well as the previously stated Kia wagon.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #10649
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Unlike Nissan the Honda is slated for production. Sure it won't have alllllll the retro cues of the concept (certainly not the wheels) but there's enough character there for that thing to be a hit.

As much as I LOVED the IDX I'm not sure I'd buy an EV version. Not sure exactly why I can't fully get on board the EV wagon.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #10650
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
So the Genesis G70 looks interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLub-H6sPPw

http://jalopnik.com/im-really-diggin...g70-1811062649