Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
Issa__40__
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Issa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question s14 with a 1uz swap

hey guys so like my title says i swapped a 1uz into my s14 ( dont laugh at me) my swap is finally 100% finished but now car wont start , fresh heads new timing kit belt all new gaskets new tensioner etc ( yes we did the timing correct) new fuel pump new starter etc , car cranks very slowly but wont fire up , voltage drops from 12v to 4v before it heats up and breaker pops ,shops telling me it could be timing but i have others saying its going to be either a bad ground or the wires guage they used to relocate my battery to the trunk isnt big enough , any ideas or local mechanics in the inland empire mind giving me a second opinion?
Issa__40__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
PowerDrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
PowerDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you said local but i know 2 shops that have done 1uz swaps including mine that can take a look. one in long beach and another in hawthorne
PowerDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Issa__40__
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Issa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i had my car at POP SHOP in long beach but they had a bunch of other cars that needed work done so i towed it out so i wouldnt be taking up space since they had already done their part installin the motor , now i just need someone that can diagnose whether its an electrical issue or timing is off
Issa__40__ is offline   Reply With Quote