Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
2JZ 240sx build "Project 300sx"

Ok, I figured since it's getting to be that time of year that My girlfriend
Liz (LIZMO on here) And I, as well as a few friends start HER 2JZ-GTE swap
AKA: "Project 300SX"
I have helped her since the day she got the car doing little things to it and it's all been on
her own doller and it's been all up to her as to what she wants and does to the car (With some of my insight)
The car started out as a 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe When she got it from a friend of a friend it had a few little mods
- Climb sport springs and RS-R shocks, Silvia LSD, painted KA24DE, Old school Recaro seat (passenger)and ALOT of bad wiring/ghetto-rigging.
CAR WHEN SHE FIRST GOT IT

Since she has had the car (little over a year so far) She has done some mods.
-S14 front seats
-15X7 Epsilon wheels
-BFG G-Force T/a KDW tires
-Uncracked dash
-5spd center console
-Reupholsterd the Door fabric and glove box as well as shiftboot
-Yashio factory Cooling panel
-Red/Clear Smoked taillights
-Smoked bumper lights
-spray "smoke" corner lights
-Wingless
-CXRAcing coolant overflow tank
-CXRacing Aluminum radiator and Dual E-Fans
-Hooker Aerochamber muffler
-Pink Gauge cluster lights
-Brembo X-drilled and slotted rotors
-Megan tie rods
-Summit Battery relocation kit
-And some more things i can't remember right now.

Well Let's face it a Automatic KA24DE is pretty slow. So we got to talking about doing a swap. I tried talking her into doing a CA18DET but we
wanted to keep the car automatic (what? YES AUTOMATIC) And it's very hard if not impossible to find a CA18DET and if we did the auto would kill
any power the car would make. So i said why not go big and do a 2JZGTE into the car (not thinking she would take it seriously) Well doing ALOT of
research on them we finally decided on doing a 2JZGTE into her 240sx.
She then started to order some new parts for the car and swap.
-Megan racing "street" coilovers
-Ebay F+R Sway bars,traction bars,RUCA,RLCA,front tension rods
-Ebay F+R Strut bars
-Polyurethane bushing kit (TOTAL KIT)
-Manual boost controller
-HKS SSQV BOV
-CXRacing FMIC
-Perma cool transmission cooler
-Glow shift gauges (BOOSt,OIL PRESSURE,OIL TEMP,TRANS TEMP)
-Pen Turbo timer
-Aluminum 2JZ pulley kit
-Dakotoa digital Speed and tach interface units
-3" Downpipe
-centervent gauge pod and A-Piller dual gauge pod
-Walbro 255 Fuel pump
-Tech 2motorsports Swap kit
-USDM Waterpump,timing belt,serp belt
-JDM 2JZ-GTE
-Greddy BCC (Boost cut control)
-Few other little random things
-WILL UPDATE MORE WHEN WE GET NEW/MORE PARTS

As of Saturday October 4th we were going to take the car to the 1/4 dragstrip to get a basline of what it runs with the KA24DE in
it stock to see what kind of improvement the car makes once the 2JZ is in it. well we got about half way there and we stopped to meet
up with some friends and when we got back on the freeway the car wouldn't shift out of 2nd Gear So That was the deciding point. IT'S Coming out!
thankfully about a week an a half prior to that she purchased the motor and Wensday Octorber 8th the motor showed up!
Car is currently in a friends shop getting some electrical work done to it. Then from there the car will be getting torn apart.
So look for more updates in the next few days as to what is going to be going on with the car.
We are hoping to have the car done by the end of March early April 2009 Looking to go into the 12 Second range in the 1/4 mile.
Car will be built to be a fun street and all around car. IT will see some drag strip time and alot of street duty and maybe even a few laps around
Road America but we will see how everything comes together.

The Swap will have the wiring done by Sean at Tech2Motorsports, The swap like i stated will be done by me and a few friends. The car still needs some parts
for the swap and to get the car road worthy but it should be a fun car once all is said and done. Hopefully then Next winter will be paint and body work on the car.

---------------------
---------------------
(Tuesday Oct. 14th)
Went out to my buddies place where we are doing the swap to check out a few things on the motor to start getting it squared away to do the swap. I look closely at pretty much
everything on the motor/trans and it all seems to be in good shape. Then i get to the ECU. The damn place sent me a ECU out of a 2JZGE (NON TURBO) so after a little while exchanging
phone calls back and forth and emails they agree to send me a new TT ecu once i send the N/a ecu out (tomarrow or saturday) I also noticed that the wire to the ignitor box is cut.
so now i have to either source an ignitor or have Sean @ Tech2 Find one and splice it into what harness i do have.
More pics of the motor.

Well i made some more progess on the car Yesterday (Wed Oct. 15th)
Pulled the driveshaft out from under the car. started pulling the motor and trans. and a little while laterthe KA the car has been powered by has been taken out,
never to see a 4cyl. again. The car's engine bay was FILTHY so i used a can of brake clean to do one fender wall and a few other peices.Then i got kind of tired and went
to have some dinner and watch the presidential debate.
Here are some pics from Wednesday.

-------------------------
-------------------------

Well, got a little bit more done, ran into a few snags.
Came across a few broken suspension peices (Tie rods were junk, Stabalizer links are garbage and ball joints were bad) So We ordered new OE Ball joints and stabalizer links. Got some Tein Tie rods on the way with wicked tuning tie rod boots (should be here next week. Put in the new coilovers in the front and new polyurethane bushings. (will finish the rest of the front suspension when i get new parts (next week). Installed the new fuel lines to the driverside of the car (2JZ has intake mani/fuel rail on that side), removed the battery tray and a few other random things from the engine bay. Spray painted the engine bay flat black and then installed the Tech2 crossmember for the 2JZ swap.

Then i got a little bored and decided to remove the back seats and try and remove some of the sound deadning out of the trunk. :badboy

still have alot more to do on it but should finish that up next week.

-----------------------
-----------------------

Well, haven't updated in a while. Haven't made any MAJOR progress but some IS better then none.
Got the front suspension all back together (Tein inner/outter Tie rods) Some Megan suspension peices. All new Poly urethane bushings. Bigger sway bar (STILL NEED TO BUY BUSHINGS AND INSTALL), New ball joints, New stabalizer links.painted the front Brake Calipers High-heat silver. looks pretty good imo.

Took the wiring harness off the 2JZ (PITA).will be sending the wiring in the next few weeks to get done. I still need to find the USDM injectors so i can have that all wired up as well.

Little pic to compair the size of the KA to the 2JZ Size.

Tore out the Rear subframe. (New polyurethane bushings to go in tonight)
Along with the new coilovers and other suspension peices we got.

Sent the wheels out to get repainted/refinished by Vinny ad DESTRUCTION WAREHOUSE! can't wait to get them back. getting painted a custom color (have to wait to see)

Finished taking out most of the sound deadning (still some left then paint)

-----
Things to buy still
-Send out wiring harness once i get USDM 550cc Injectors and resistor box.
-Get driveshaft made (steel or aluminum)
-New OEM black carpet
-Rear seat delete
-Find new trunk plastics,carpet
-Cusco dash escape 6pt cage
-Project Mu Front brake pads
-Recover the headliner in black
------
To Do list
-ALOT lol

Any Questions? comments? criticism both positive or negitive

Last edited by Flicktitty; 12-14-2010 at 09:56 AM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
GLWTB!! That's awesome that your GF it doing on her on coin and has been a part of the movement. I wish I had a GF like her lol. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store. I know yall have a lot on the to do list but is it getting kitted and painted aswell?
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
damn ill be following this thread... keep it up man!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGE180 View Post
GLWTB!! That's awesome that your GF it doing on her on coin and has been a part of the movement. I wish I had a GF like her lol. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store. I know yall have a lot on the to do list but is it getting kitted and painted aswell?
not 100% sure as far as aero, but it's either gonna keep the stock front bumper and do a Xenon lip, or maybe a Type X front end, some clean,simple side skirts and some rear valence, and painted a dark gray again, but that won't be till this time next year. i'd bet.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice build man. Good luck on the build. I'll def. be following it!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
cool beans.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
LOL, I saw your wheels at Vinny's getting done. Got me wishing to get my wheels done too. Can't wait to see the outcome, keep it up.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir View Post
LOL, I saw your wheels at Vinny's getting done. Got me wishing to get my wheels done too. Can't wait to see the outcome, keep it up.
Yeah dropped them off last week, can't wait to see them done. Your S14 is gonna be SICK!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Maybe I missed it, but... Why the autotragic trans?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Better for DR. That's were they were taking it*when the KA trans went.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #11
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
^cuz that's the new fad.

looks pretty cool. can't wait to see finished product.

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
LOL, not to be mean but for people like you. lol
the car started off as an auto EVERYONE talks shit about auto's unless you drag, so i figure why not try one.be good for drag be decent for anything, and be easy to drive ecspecially for a girl.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Women operate a clutch better then men do.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Better for DR. That's were they were taking it*when the KA trans went.
pretty much, figure it's gonna see more street/strip action and not really any drift action but i think at 330whp it could still get out on it's self even being an auto.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #15
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
the car started off as an auto EVERYONE talks shit about auto's unless you drag, so i figure why not try one.be good for drag be decent for anything, and be easy to drive ecspecially for a girl.
From a drag standpoint, auto trannies aren't very helpful until you're running low-11s or faster, and 330whp sure isn't gonna get you to that point.

But hey... to each their own. Good luck.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice work man, another 2jz powered S chassis in the works! Here's a pic of mine, currently 90% done. Its in a Kouki S14. I'll post a build thread also.
sa3reghatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
From a drag standpoint, auto trannies aren't very helpful until you're running low-11s or faster, and 330whp sure isn't gonna get you to that point.

But hey... to each their own. Good luck.
We will see. i'm hoping for 12's out of the car should be pretty easy.

but i know this isn't a supra. But these mods 1. Downpipe 2. A'PEXi N1 Exhaust System 3. GReddy BCC 4. GReddy Profec B-Spec Electronic Boost Controller 5. 60mm Greddy Boost Gauge will give a 2JZ 460 Crank HP. And i have a few more mods, IC/BOV/Intake/etc

This is quoted from Suprastore.com
"Some have asked, what type of 1/4 mile ET and Trap Speeds should be expected. Trap Speed is the easiest indicator of true hp, with ET being much more driver dependent because the times are heavily changed by a good "launch". With this kit installed properly your car should run from 111-118mph in the 1/4 mile. If you can launch your car to a 1.8 60 ft. time, you may well be in the 11's on drag radials."

so take away 800-1000lbs from going from a heavy pig supra into a little S-Chassis. should be decent for 11's.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #18
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Any Questions? comments? criticism both positive or negitive
Interesting project but I have a little bit of criticism, I hope you don't mind...

A BPU Supra motor through an auto trans will definitely make you enough power to get into the 12's but not on those tiny 15x7 wheels... Or maybe not even with that suspension setup... Or what about LSD?...

You've got a monster motor in there but the car isn't setup for anything... Not for drag, not for drifting, and not for roadcourse... From the outside it looks like a cheap 240 buildup with a huge motor that no one knows about...

And at 400WHP, It won't be faster than 240s with SRs and KAs...

That swap you are doing would be great for your girl if you were putting it into an older Lexus with an auto trans but in a 240 it just isn't accomplishing much...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Are you doing a Single or stick with the Twin Turbos.
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
Interesting project but I have a little bit of criticism, I hope you don't mind...

A BPU Supra motor through an auto trans will definitely make you enough power to get into the 12's but not on those tiny 15x7 wheels... Or maybe not even with that suspension setup... Or what about LSD?...

You've got a monster motor in there but the car isn't setup for anything... Not for drag, not for drifting, and not for roadcourse... From the outside it looks like a cheap 240 buildup with a huge motor that no one knows about...

And at 400WHP, It won't be faster than 240s with SRs and KAs...

That swap you are doing would be great for your girl if you were putting it into an older Lexus with an auto trans but in a 240 it just isn't accomplishing much...
Car does have a VLSD. out of a S13 Silva. i know the wheels are small, but HOPEFULLY with some Drag radials the car will get out of it's own way. And what kind of suspension setup would you reccomend? There is pretty much nothing suspension wise that is stock anymore. From what i heard the Megan coils arn't the best for drag use but they do work. Like i said this isn't a 1 thing only car. It will mostly be used for street use and having fun with other local car people.

and i'm curious as to how you say a 2JZ with a auto trans in a 240sx isn't accomplishing much.

Car is getting stock usdm twins, so they will stay like that for along time. the jdm twins are getting sold.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #21
iamdk72986

Trader Rating: (2)
iamdk72986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
awesome job dude!!! keep up the great work. a single turbo would clean up a crapload of vacuum hoses but then again you'd lose drivability. GOOD LUCK!!! =)
iamdk72986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #22
k0uki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (47)
k0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfectionk0uki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
sweet build man, my tech2 kit came with a driveshaft. they also offer alum. ones too in case you wanna go through them
k0uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #23
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
looks good congrats to your girl on her car. Enjoy it =]
Old 11-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #24
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and i'm curious as to how you say a 2JZ with a auto trans in a 240sx isn't accomplishing much.
It won't run any faster than a KA/SR 240 with the same HP... 400HP isn't that difficult...

And those 15x7s won't be able to handle much...
It's like you are spending double the amount of money...

Add it up... It comes out a lot more expensive...

Don't get me wrong, I love that you are making it happen...
But I want you to be fast also...

Why don't you look at the times of auto BPU Supras?... You won't want to...
Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #25
lizmo
Leaky Injector

lizmo is making a name for him/her selflizmo is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to lizmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
It won't run any faster than a KA/SR 240 with the same HP... 400HP isn't that difficult...

And those 15x7s won't be able to handle much...
It's like you are spending double the amount of money...

Add it up... It comes out a lot more expensive...

Don't get me wrong, I love that you are making it happen...
But I want you to be fast also...

Why don't you look at the times of auto BPU Supras?... You won't want to...
Your right 400HP Vs. 400HP in a S-Chassis is still 400HP doesn't matter what motor it makes it with. The 2JZ got the nod pretty much because they are bulletproof. and i don't have to worry much about shit breaking and nasty lag issues as if i had a big turbo KA or SR. And 400HP is what it will be right now, doesn't mean it won't go up in the future. The 15's i got might actually be 8's Cause when she got the wheels they were on tires already and when i took them off some people think there 8's so we will have to see. i plan on runnin the car on either a 235 or 255 M/T Et street which should be decent to get the power to the ground. And as far as BPU Auto times, there not that far off if not faster then the 6spd Supra's, I've been into the supra scene for quite a while now and stock to stock the auto's run the 1/4 mile faster.

THE FASTEST time all boost on stock twins through an auto is 10.59 @ 130mph

THE FASTEST time all boost on stock twins through a 6spd is 11.01 @ 125.9

so there not THAT slow.
lizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #26
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
I talk more shit on drag cars that are a/t.

You can push down a gas pedal... good for you.

Cool build though.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #27
S14DB
AFC #1

So a 3L I6 is the same as a 2/2.4L I4?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #28
tckracker
Leaky Injector

tckracker will become famous soon enoughtckracker will become famous soon enoughtckracker will become famous soon enough
Arrrgh, this is how Zilvia gets a bad name. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak, and better yet listen or research!(I know crazy idea) There ARE huge differences between 4 and 6 cylinder 400hp motors, its 100% ridiculous to think otherwise.
I say great build and Autos are the best for drag racing especially if you go big HP in the future. And with that motor its definitely a possibility.
For those that don't know what torque or a torque curve is look it up, you'll find one big difference between SR KA 2JZ. Turbo lag and Exhaust volume is another. And look up cylinder head flow rates...etc.
Good luck with the build, "but I think you should put a gxr1300 motor in your 240 and get 400hp on turbo and nitrous... cause it'll be just as fast! hahah or maybe a geo metro 3 cylinder turbo! or just turbo your lawn mower!!! Then you could haul ass and cut the grass!"
-Shaun
tckracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #29
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
So a 3L I6 is the same as a 2/2.4L I4?
No... They are different motors with different powerbands...

But horsepower and torque are horsepower and torque...

I used to work with engine importers and there were a ton of people who wanted Supra swaps but the only way they could afford it was with an auto trans because the front clip is so much cheaper... $3000 versus $5500 for a 6 speed clip... But that motor at BPU HP level is not that impressive for the amount of money and trouble... But at higher HP levels it is amazing... That's the territory that SR/KAs can't touch...

What you are getting though is a very reliable 450WHP... But you are paying for it...

If I had this project I would:
1. Sell the suspension pieces and replace the bushings in the stock arms... Run stock shocks and springs as well... That car isn't going to be handling corners that well anyways... Especially with an auto...
2. Widen the rear fenders and get some cheap 17x9.5 +15 wheels with 255-40-17 drag radials...
3. Get some kind of launch control and a line lock...

And I would have made it manual using 1JZ parts but I know you want to keep it auto...

With that motor the car will be good for only one thing... So help it go in a straight line...
Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #30
lizmo
Leaky Injector

lizmo is making a name for him/her selflizmo is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to lizmo
1. my car handled really good around turns w/ the suspension it had, and being auto. so idk what your talking about it not handleing good cuz its auto...
2. i plan on getting drag radials. and its staying w/ the 15inch wheels.
lizmo is offline   Reply With Quote