Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
ProjectTouge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
ProjectTouge is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
WTB ads Need Price like FS section - Post your thoughts

Who else thinks WTB ads need price posted just like for sale ads?
ProjectTouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
240knockout
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
240knockout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectTouge View Post
Who else thinks WTB ads need price posted just like for sale ads?

At least a range based on condition. I think that makes sense
240knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #3
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Why post up a price that you are willing to pay when someone could possibly offer it to you at a lower price?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Why post up a price that you are willing to pay when someone could possibly offer it to you at a lower price?
+1.

I'm a member of many Nissan forums and I think it's rather a stupid idea because of the aforementioned. Why post what your price range is just so the next person can price gouge you.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:39 AM   #5
ProjectTouge
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Under that logic then why have Price rule for For Sale ads. I mean why post a price on the car your willing to take when someone could possibly offer to buy at a higher price. So let's just not put any prices on for sale ads and then wait for the best offer.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:44 AM   #6
ProjectTouge
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruked View Post
+1.

I'm a member of many Nissan forums and I think it's rather a stupid idea because of the aforementioned. Why post what your price range is just so the next person can price gouge you.

If you run the analytics on the WTB section you will see the trend showing that the buyers are the only ones price gouging. Requesting something and getting people offering prices below market and "still looking". Someone trying to give them a part for $20 and they only have $5 on a $40 market value item. Oh no poor buyers being price gouged.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:19 AM   #7
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Wtb ads are just that...people wanting to buy....

Some ppl willing to pay, others aren't.... Up to the seller to wow them
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:54 AM   #8
ProjectTouge
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Wtb ads are just that...people wanting to buy....

Some ppl willing to pay, others aren't.... Up to the seller to wow them
Yah it's "Wanted to Buy" not "want to browse"
It's not a problem of whether willing to pay a certain price. It's stating that price since its a Buying section. As For Sale is a selling section. Should be able to post in for sale section a might want to sell ad with no price and see what people will offer. But no,that's against forum rules. For a Good Reason
Old 05-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #9
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectTouge View Post
I mean why post a price on the car your willing to take when someone could possibly offer to buy at a higher price.

Let's be real here for a second...we're talking about the s-chassis community. When in the history of ever has an s-chassis owner come at you and just willingly paid you more for something than what it's worth?

The reason that you put prices on "For Sale" ads is to attempt to weed out any idiots that might want to PM you offering $20 for something that's worth $200.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #10
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
A for sale ad is the one where the poster has the leverage to name their price.
Anyone who is responding to a WTB ad should already have a price in mind, not expect to be given a range of prices with which to select the highest and then take the money and run.
Responding to a WTB ad is still a sale and will require salesmanship, not to be spoonfed someone's money.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #11
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Let's be real here for a second...we're talking about the s-chassis community. When in the history of ever has an s-chassis owner come at you and just willingly paid you more for something than what it's worth?

The reason that you put prices on "For Sale" ads is to attempt to weed out any idiots that might want to PM you offering $20 for something that's worth $200.

This is the point where the topic starts to trickle to something off topic. S chassis community is not the point of the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
A for sale ad is the one where the poster has the leverage to name their price.
Anyone who is responding to a WTB ad should already have a price in mind, not expect to be given a range of prices with which to select the highest and then take the money and run.
Responding to a WTB ad is still a sale and will require salesmanship, not to be spoonfed someone's money.
And this is where the the conversation should nearly end.

'Hey I'm looking for an S13 (93) XXXX, I'm looking to spend around $XXX'

' oh shit, you guys see this? I was gonna sell that to him for $XXX but this dude says he'll pay $$XXXX!!!! hurry up and take his money '

That's just leaving the door open to manipulate prices out of control. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote