Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Miteyo

Trader Rating: (0)
Miteyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Swap a KA24DE with a 240sx engine SOHC

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am not a mechanic and have little knowledge, bare with me! I have a 1991 hardbody d21 with a KA24DE truck that the engine is shot. I have the engine from a 1990 240sx SOHC that I was told I can use for a swap. I was told that I need to take the intake from the truck engine and put it on the 240sx engine. Due to limited finances, i can not buy another engine or have my truck engine rebuilt. Can i do this swap? and if so, what kind of modifications will it take? I noticed that the crankshaft of the truck engine sticks out more than that of the other engine by about 1/2 inch. If I were to bolt the flywheel and torque converter to the 240sx engine crankshaft, it would be about a 1/2 inch shorted than if it was bolted to the other engine. This means that the torque converted will be 1/2 short going in the transmission. Have anyone have any thoughts about this? Please, forgive my inexperience and lack of knowledge! Thank you for any help you can provide!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wrong Section. Post your question here.

http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
Miteyo

Trader Rating: (0)
Miteyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry, i am new to forums and I do not know may way around this place
I will have to read the directions and manuals
Closed Thread