Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #31
Monooxide
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Monooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
i don't see why not. that's assuming people search before they post.

i've got a dumb one that i've seen conflicting and incomplete answers for.
what's the ID and max power levels of the common MAFS s13, s14, N60, N62, Q45 (P60?)? throw in more if you know them.

s13 - 260hp - mm
s14 - 260hp - mm
I made 273WHP and 280WTQ with my S14 SR on Stock injectors, MAFS, ECU, Intake Manifold and Turbo with bolt-ons. Boost decreased to ~12 PSI towards redline with a 12.4 AFR.

Dyno'd on a Dynapack 4000.
Monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #32
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
wheel or crank?

i'm going to edit my post as i get more info.
sorry, wheel
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #33
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monooxide View Post
I made 273WHP and 280WTQ with my S14 SR on Stock injectors, MAFS, ECU, Intake Manifold and Turbo with bolt-ons. Boost decreased to ~12 PSI towards redline with a 12.4 AFR.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #34
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
i recently installed gr+ coilovers on my s13 and it is pretty low (not slammed though). my good 'ole jack can no longer slide under the frame rails! what jacks do you guys use for your lowered vehicles? using my emergency/spare tire jack to lift the car just enough to fit the floor jack under is such a pain in the ass. so what do you use? how much was it? where did you buy it? how do you like it? one more thing, has anybody used those wheel ramps successfully on a lowered s13?
just use your tow hooks in the front to jack it up. Their high strength steel and sit higher than the frame rails.

best bet is to just invest in a good low-profile jack. Well worth the money compared to screwing around with extra steps like ramps, etc.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #35
s14_driver
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
s14_driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
for those who tuck there tires
do you take out the fender liner?
if so how do you take out the the back? cause its metal my car keeps rubbing its annoying
s14_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #36
Monooxide
Zilvia Addict

Monooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
I don't know what you're implying but from experience directly from the owner of the dynos. We have dyno'd on the Dynapacks and driven to a Dynojet and made 7 more WHP with his test car on the same day within a few hours from another. For what it's worth it was a ~3% difference.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #37
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14_driver View Post
for those who tuck there tires
do you take out the fender liner?
if so how do you take out the the back? cause its metal my car keeps rubbing its annoying
rip it out, i think theres only a small one on the back

if its rubbing anywhere else hammer it
Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #38
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:

is that a s14 KA MAF or SR? is there a difference? is there a code for each, n60, n62, etc.?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #39
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
cool thread,

when setting the fuel pressure on my SR i take the vac line off, set to 43, put vac line on and it about 35. is that correct?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #40
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahveed View Post
OK. So I've got Tanabe Pro-Seven coils on my S13 in the rear. I wanted to lower it more, but there is a little plug on the bottom that doesn't allow me to keep moving the rings up. Someone told me that these are supposed to have an electronic control? Anyone know? Thanks.
Anyone know?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #41
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
another quick 'stupid' question:

i just picked up a 96 ka transmission to replacemy extremely worn-out one. the one i picked up has the CAS on the bell housing. i can remove it(not use it) since im mating the transmission to a SOHC, right?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #42
Monooxide
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
is that a s14 KA MAF or SR? is there a difference? is there a code for each, n60, n62, etc.?
S14 SR and I'd imagine they're different.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #43
sked707
Zilvia Junkie

sked707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Good idea for a thread.

Alright, I've got one that I simply just haven't gotten around to really looking into much.

Once in awhile when I switch the wipers on it simply gets stuck in the on position. Not the switch itself, as I'll put it in the off position and the wipers will still keep going.

It's not the switch as I've tried 3. To my knowledge I haven't messed with the wiring concerning the wipers.

Any ideas where I should be checking first to fix this small, but irritating issue.
I have the same issue too but havent been able to pinpoint it. i'm guessing it might be a relay or somethin?? i dunno

btw thanks to those who replied to my question..i guess its not a big difference which one you choose then huh? i don't wanna be super quiet but i also don't wanna be loud as hell like a harley lol
sked707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:36 AM   #44
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Hello gentlemen.

i am in the process of doing a bunch of bodywork to my car at the moment, its a long process but i have to leave my car outside. Its also going to be a few months before it gets painted. So here is my question, what paint can i get (in a can) that will protect my car from rust? I need something that will not chemically react with the actual paint that will be applied later. I understand that primer is not a good idea as it is porous and therefore it absorbs moisture, is this true?

Thanks! all info is greatly appreciated!
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #45
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Rust-Oleum!
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:51 AM   #46
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
which rustoleum products?

it appears they have epoxy, lacquer acrylic, enamel, water based paints...

they also offer an automotive primer, would this protect against moisture?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #47
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
A few years ago when I took off the factory spoiler and filled the holes I sanded the trunk to bare metal and spraypainted it with Rust-Oleum. My roof is also painted with it. Just this regular kind:
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=24

It's just one coat, with no clear or anything, and it's been through rain and snow pleny of times since, with no problems. I use it on everything, because I have rust-phobia when it comes to my car.
They also have a 'Professional' 'High Performance' line, with most of the colors:
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=95

Recently I found out that the nearby Lowe's carries all of the colors, so I have switched to using the 'High Performance' enamel, which I'm assuming should be even better, although I don't have any complaints about the regular one. I even used it to cover the rust on my rocker panel years ago, and it still hasn't shown through, haha.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #48
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hello,

I may also be in the process of doing a bunch of bodywork to my possible future car. Is there a proper method, per say, to remove molded aero? Sand down the filler material until the aero is exposed => Source the method used to secure the aero => Remove?

-Yuta

P.S. Yuta, thank you for asking a question I was wondering about a few hours ago.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:58 AM   #49
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
KA and SR MAF are indeed different however the readout on them is only different ~10 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahveed View Post
Anyone know?
pro sevens have the optional use for the electronic control by tanabe called TEAS i think so yes that would be why

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
another quick 'stupid' question:

i just picked up a 96 ka transmission to replacemy extremely worn-out one. the one i picked up has the CAS on the bell housing. i can remove it(not use it) since im mating the transmission to a SOHC, right?
the CAS on the bellhousing is only used for onboard diagnosis of misfire, not to directly control the engine system

you can remove it and i don't believe sohc makes any difference

Quote:
S14 SR and I'd imagine they're different.
fun fact: ka SOHC maf can be used if sr MAF is not available

but once again yes they're different physically but readout is mostly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Zenki View Post
Why doesn't my knockoff wheels impress zilvia?
read the rules cock boy, reported. if you really want an answer - cost vs value

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
Hello gentlemen.

i am in the process of doing a bunch of bodywork to my car at the moment, its a long process but i have to leave my car outside. Its also going to be a few months before it gets painted. So here is my question, what paint can i get (in a can) that will protect my car from rust? I need something that will not chemically react with the actual paint that will be applied later. I understand that primer is not a good idea as it is porous and therefore it absorbs moisture, is this true?

i don't think it will be a problem at all

but i would recommend putting real automotive primer on before a base coat anyways

the primer in a can should protect fine but i the enamel will be better over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
Hello,

I may also be in the process of doing a bunch of bodywork to my possible future car. Is there a proper method, per say, to remove molded aero? Sand down the filler material until the aero is exposed => Source the method used to secure the aero => Remove?

-Yuta

P.S. Yuta, thank you for asking a question I was wondering about a few hours ago.
I'm not sure if i understand correctly but i would sand it down to where it the aero meets the body and dremel the remaining filler until its weak and pop it off

any attachment (securing method) you should be able to see from under the car
Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 AM   #50
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
cool thread,

when setting the fuel pressure on my SR i take the vac line off, set to 43, put vac line on and it about 35. is that correct?
stock pressure setting is 3 bar (43.5 psi)

check this archive faq

http://zilvia.net/f/archive-faqs/945...m-upgrade.html

just remember the pressure raises as boost pressure in the intake manifold raises
Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 AM   #51
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
i don't see why not. that's assuming people search before they post.

i've got a dumb one that i've seen conflicting and incomplete answers for.
what's the ID and max power levels of the common MAFS s13, s14, N60, N62, Q45 (P60?)? throw in more if you know them.

s13 - 260hp - mm
s14 - 260hp - mm
q45 maf is 350hp
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:29 AM   #52
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is this a fender roll on this blue coupe, or a flare.

im trying to figure out how he did that.

kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:34 AM   #53
lflkajfj12123

metal professionally rolled and molded to perfection
Old 12-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #54
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is there a way to keep the inner fender guards, while rolling the fender and lowering the car?

i would not really want to remove it, because all the dirt and shit will fly inside my fender/door/engine bay

btw: great thread!
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:52 AM   #55
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
if you roll the fender, the plastic won't be able to clip into the factory holes.

also, if you lower the car until it rubs the plastic guards, there will be absolutely no need to roll your fenders because it won't be very low at all.
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #56
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post

the primer in a can should protect fine but i the enamel will be better over time
so primer in a can will be cool for ~2 months?

awesome, thanks.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #57
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Hello gentlemen.

to protect from rust
if your going with a can of primer
*epoxy primer
or
*self etch primer

if you have rust already
sand it off

its best to spray with the gun you will save money.

POR-15 POR15, Inc. - Stop Rust Permanently - Repair Gas & Fuel Tanks
good stuff

if your to bare metal try to use gloves metal and human oil will cause rust.

oh stay away from those rust convertors..
Old 12-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #58
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
Is this a fender roll on this blue coupe, or a flare.

im trying to figure out how he did that.

you got to stretch the metal with body hammers use the fender roller and body filler to smooth it out

some durablocks with different shapes will get it like that
Old 12-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #59
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
so primer in a can will be cool for ~2 months?

awesome, thanks.
indeed

my metal primered parts are on way longer than 2 months now and they see chicago rain and snow but still looking fresh well maybe.. just primer fresh lol
Old 12-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #60
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
is a press, or any special tool, required to remove and replace the center bearing on the driveshaft?