Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #1
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
cheapest place to buy some Gram Light 57pro's?

i want these rims for my s13 hatch, and ive been searching all day and night for a good site.. do you guys know where i could get these rims 17x7 +25 front and 17+8+35 rear in a package w/ tires installed for less that $1700?
lv-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
some weak ass sizes
maybe look into 17x8 +25 and 17x9 +25 not bad look wise too, more lip for sure.
tires too? hmm no idea
shop around online, tons of places sell gram lights. any volk dealer can get them.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:38 AM   #3
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
like he said...
17X7 is a little thin...

check out zilvia advertiser, importhookups...
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:46 AM   #4
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
question, why is this the recommended size on most websites??
KwKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:48 AM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
because its SAFE
wont need to roll fenders
wont need negative camber
wont need stretched tires
any jackass can buy them and put them on EASILY with no extra work!
its recommended for safety
but if you want wider and lower offset you'll need to do yoru math and some work on the car and proper choices. most people either a) dont care or b) dont know or even c) are too stupid to figure out how to do those things.

is safe to protect the manufacturer. any s13 can fit them
Old 07-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #6
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
thats a wee bit harsh. Not everyone is looking to spend the extra time and money just to have that "super flush" look. Most people dont really care. Like you said

wont need to roll fenders -- cost money, and hard to find someone to do it the right way, and not fuck up your car
wont need negative camber -- eats tires costing more money to replace them, ride quality blows
wont need stretched tires -- not everyone drifts the way you do, or need stretched tires

No reason to insult the people who dont really need all that extra stuff. I myself would be happy with the sizes and would buy spacers if need be.

In other words.... DONT BE A DICK!
Old 07-24-2004, 02:03 AM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

lighten up, missy.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:04 AM   #8
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki
once you get 8700 posts, you'll be one too...
Old 07-24-2004, 02:05 AM   #9
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
ok everybody go get 17x7!
it's recommended! you cant beat that! yey! winning! go team!
Old 07-24-2004, 02:05 AM   #10
po1z5che__
Zilvia Member

po1z5che__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
thats a wee bit harsh. Not everyone is looking to spend the extra time and money just to have that "super flush" look. Most people dont really care. Like you said

wont need to roll fenders -- cost money, and hard to find someone to do it the right way, and not fuck up your car
wont need negative camber -- eats tires costing more money to replace them, ride quality blows
wont need stretched tires -- not everyone drifts the way you do, or need stretched tires

No reason to insult the people who dont really need all that extra stuff. I myself would be happy with the sizes and would buy spacers if need be.

thats true!
not everyone has to liek what dousan likes........
please dont hurt me
po1z5che__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:05 AM   #11
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Quote:

its AMAZING how clueless you are
rolled fenders/ dood it takes a hammer and a heat gun. you cant screw that up. costs 20 dollars in supplies and comes out PERFECT paint and all.

and camber DOESNT KILL TIRES
excessive (meaning on s13/s14 more then -3.5) will wear faster. but bad toe alignment kills FAR QUICKER..even if camber is at 0
many of my friends drift and DONT run stretched tires. is personal preference and depending the wheel [offset/size] you will or will not need stretched tires. mild stretch and crazy stretch are VERY DIFFERENT.
you should read more before trying to make such statements
Old 07-24-2004, 02:06 AM   #12
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by po1z5che__
thats true!
not everyone has to liek what dousan likes........
please dont hurt me

um no its not
you read more too please. educate first.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:09 AM   #13
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswepromise
ok everybody go get 17x7!
it's recommended! you cant beat that! yey! winning! go team!
yeah, don't waste money on expensive rims on 17x7 pizza cutters, just get sentra rims for that...
Old 07-24-2004, 02:11 AM   #14
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Dousan, what do your panties taste like. sounds like you can taste them that far up your ass.

By the way, I am just starting out. Yes I am clueless, I am learning SLOWLY. Its hard to immerse yourself in something when you are the only person who knows about drifting (in my area I mean)
Old 07-24-2004, 02:13 AM   #15
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

actually i dont wear underwear right now. its fucking hot weather out here..dying

dont try and tell me about tires and camber and shit like that when you dont know anything.

i replied your PM with that drifting advice you asked about. weeeerd.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:14 AM   #16
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

well, i sure hope this answered the original poster's question...
Old 07-24-2004, 08:20 AM   #17
xkimcheekidx
Leaky Injector

xkimcheekidx is an unknown quantity at this point
KwKouki u should really listen to what dousan says hes been doing this since ummm...i dont know but a long ass time

on topic though like dousan says weaksauce sizes. but if thats what u want shop around. i know www.finalstageauto.com carries gramlights but not sure if they have a 57pro w/ tire package
xkimcheekidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #18
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Plain and simple....your not going to find those rims WITH tires as a whole package ready to buy online. I think you should kit up a local shop or contact online vendors.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #19
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think 17x7 and 17x8 is fine, so it won't look flush or as nice as 17x8 17x9, but life is full of compromises. It comes down to personal choices. And grip is more a function of the tire itself and not width as I udnerstand. I personally think it is fine to state your opinion, but trying to impose your opinion on others is a waste of time.
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #20
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
oh, and on the side note, fuck staggered setups. bunch of bullshit

be a man and get 17*9 +15. bishh.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:55 AM   #21
mk20116
Zilvia Junkie

mk20116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv-180sx
i want these rims for my s13 hatch, and ive been searching all day and night for a good site.. do you guys know where i could get these rims 17x7 +25 front and 17+8+35 rear in a package w/ tires installed for less that $1700?
17x7 +25 is weak. 17x8 +35 is also weak.

i'd go with dousan

17x7 is thin for s13 hatch. for that money or a bit more money, you can have a more flush look. (of course assuming this will be more for looks than anything)

mk20116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #22
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
email me or call us... and i will see what i can do for you... if you want that price.. the tires would have to be like pep boy's special =)

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:10 PM   #23
BSeay
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

BSeay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BSeay
For some tires go to tirerack and get'em...i'm getting some spec 2's for dirt...
Old 07-24-2004, 07:14 PM   #24
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i dont need help anymore, but thanks for the answers! i ended up buying some ADVAN RG's 16"x7" front 16"x8" rear with some JDM advan tires from www.wheelchoice.com for $1300 shipped so im happy. i wanted these rims more tahn gram lights, and im suprised i found them in good condition used!
lv-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote