Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
S13 Kouki Aero Bumper + Lip feeler...

Just wanted to put a feeler out there to see who would be interested in S13 Kouki Aero bumpers + lip + extensions made in polyurethane for around $650-$700 shipped in the US? Ive noticed a crop of S13 kouki bumpers popping up in FRP and thought it might be a good idea to see who would want them in OEM materials. While FRP is nice and all nothing beats original OEM plastics

Let me know if you guys would be up for this. Pricing may be slightly cheaper if the project actually happens, most of it boils down to shipping expenses.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
206sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
206sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd be very interested in a pignose bumper lip...
206sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 206sx View Post
I'd be very interested in a pignose bumper lip...
its already at the polyurethane shop getting quoted...

Old 08-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
206sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
206sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome
206sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
yacubkep
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
yacubkep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I may be interested.
yacubkep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Can you justify competing with OEM bumpers that seem pretty reasonably priced already? The lip would seemingly be the real prize, and probably the most in demand. Although I DO think the package price seems fair for what you'd be getting.
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
Can you justify competing with OEM bumpers that seem pretty reasonably priced already? The lip would seemingly be the real prize, and probably the most in demand. Although I DO think the package price seems fair for what you'd be getting.
keep in mind that a brand new OEM s13 kouki bumper + fender extensions shipped runs over $500, that doesnt include (the now discontinued) factory lip.

but again, just a feeler. ive got about 5-6 projects already lined up before i consider getting around to doing another bumper...

Old 08-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
The lip would be a good piece right now since there are only fiberglass reps right now. Bumper doesn't seem worth copying just yet as the OEM one is still around and not to mention you'd still need to get all the brackets and lighting pieces. It'll bring it way beyond the price of an OEM setup bought new and a fiberglass lip.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the skeleton from the OEM chuki bumper works just fine in the kouki bumper (i used mine when i had a kouki bumper on my coupe, required zero work to use). MOST (not all) folks just use ziptipes to secure the fender extensions on the inside so those brackets usually arent purchased.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #10
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Well, if that's the case then even more reason not to get into it. Current pricing from thenismoshop.com is $361 for bumper and extensions. Shipping would be an extra $125-$250 depending on location. Looking at a shipped price ranging from $486-$611. I just don't see it worth it even if you're including the lip. Why buy your products for a few cents cheaper when the real pieces are still available? I could see you doing this as soon as the word drops that they're discontinuing all pieces, but honestly don't believe that will be any time soon. You'll have time to sleep on this one.

I do think making the lip would be good business though. That's a piece many have been asking for. It's a lot easier to repair a scraped up abs plastic lip than a fiberglass one that has a high rate of getting chunks ripped off.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

well the kouki lip is a definite go (along with the pignose lip), ive already got one on the way... should be here later this week. ill be dropping it at the shop as soon as i get it. ive already spoken to them about the kouki bumper and it will be a MUCH easier project than the aero bumper was, simply because of the fender extensions being separate pieces.

im guessing that s13 kouki bumpers will only be around for another year or so given the 180sx is getting VERY old now. my guess is the wave of bumpers were still seeing are what nissan has had as "Old New Stock" for quite a while.

speaking of lips, i will be having a brand new chuki lip design sculpted soon. i found something that veilside use to make that fit exactly what i had picture in my head for the last 4 odd months. however, i will be modifying the design to be a 2 piece setup instead of a huge single piece. it will function much better for people with front mount intercoolers.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #12
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i'm interetsed in the poly type x lip !
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #13
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.RMSCHIKO View Post
i'm interetsed in the poly type x lip !
trust me, thats in the works waiting for the OEM lip to get here to get it quoted ASAP!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #14
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
trust me, thats in the works waiting for the OEM lip to get here to get it quoted ASAP!
yayy ! roughly what would you sell them at ?
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #15
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
any word if you were able to source the lip for the silvia aero bumper?
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #16
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corby_baby View Post
any word if you were able to source the lip for the silvia aero bumper?
ill be making my own...

Old 08-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #17
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ill be making my own...
awesome, thats really the only thing holding me back from buying the bumper. Good to hear!
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corby_baby View Post
awesome, thats really the only thing holding me back from buying the bumper. Good to hear!
it wont be out for a few months, but it will be happening. the lip will more than likely match my V2 Sideskirts (180sx OEM Chuki/Zenki skirts) since no lip is needed for the V1 Sideskirts (S13 Silvia OEM Aero Skirts). the OEM aero kit for the S13 coupe never came with a lip. the lip that was most oftens seen that looked OEM was produced by Bomex way back when.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #19
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
If lip and extensions are molded as one . and in polyurethane

this would be awesome and worth the money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"dree-e-e-e-eams, dreams dreams dreams"
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #20
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
If lip and extensions are molded as one . and in polyurethane

this would be awesome and worth the money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"dree-e-e-e-eams, dreams dreams dreams"
bumper wont be single piece, if i make the bumper and extensions, they will all be separate pieces for people who need them... lip is also going to be a separate piece as well.

i dont feel like spending another $10,000 to produce an all in one bumper... nissan saw the problem with this with the aero bumper and separated all the pieces out when they sculpted and molded the aero bumper for a reason, MUCH cheaper mold costs, replacing single parts is cheaper than an entire bumper setup and easier its much easier to fix