Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
sausages
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
sausages is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA 91 ka24de makes alot of blue smoke!!!!!

I WAS DRIVING TODAY ,EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL THEN I HEARD A LITTLE POP AND I GOT A LOT OF SMOKE SO I TOLD MY FRIEND TO REV THE CAR AND I GOT LIGHT BLUE SMOKE. I ASKED A MECHANIC WHATS UP AND HE TOLD ME IT COULD BET THE VALVES ARE DRY OR PISTON RINGS ARE BAD AND BURNING THE OIL. I WENT TO ANOTHER MECHANIC HE TOLD ME IT COULD ALSO BE OIL GOING INTO THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER. I ALSO CHECKED HOW MY CAR IDLES AND IT DOESENT MAKE A SOUND BUT WHEN I REV ITS ONY THE SMOKE. I THINK ITS MAYBE A BLOWN UP HEAD GASKET, CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.
sausages is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Turn the caps lock off asshole. No one wants to read that shit.

Blue smoke = oil. Common knowledge for anyone who can operate a car. Two people obviously smarter than you told you that, why would you decide it's a head gasket instead? Head gasket = loss of coolant, white smoke.

As said it's either a bad valve seal allowing oil to leak down into the cylinder or a piston/piston ring allowing oil to pressurize up into the cylinder.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
l33tmonkeyman
Zilvia Member

l33tmonkeyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to l33tmonkeyman
try doing a compression test. check all the cylinders and if you are getting any sorts of crazy compressions take a few drops of oil and put it in that cylinder and retest. if it gets better then its the piston rings
l33tmonkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
VOoDOoGTX
Leaky Injector

VOoDOoGTX is an unknown quantity at this point
well if hes burning oil that means that he will have very low compression in one cyl. Pull the head and inspect it. probably valve guide especially if you can hear a little noise coming from it.
VOoDOoGTX is offline   Reply With Quote