Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #31
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
whats up with this hole repair, is that putty gonna work?

We used water proof clear silicone to seal the hole; it's what people use to seal windows and whatnot and it has worked like a charm every time!

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

Last edited by tougefactory; 02-24-2017 at 05:25 PM..
tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #32
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A grommet would have been the right way to pass that line through the floor. But none the less, very nice work overall!

derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #33
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Home Depot actually carries these. I used these to plug up spoiler holes along with a rubber cork grommet
Old 02-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #34
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
A grommet would have been the right way to pass that line through the floor. But none the less, very nice work overall!

No sorry thats not water tight at all. They did it the correct way.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #35
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post

Thanks for the input, the silicone will provide a much better seal against dirt and water over a grommet. We have been using this method for years on different cars and it has not failed us once.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #36
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Still waiting for updates!
~:[
Old 02-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #37
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Still waiting for updates!
~:[
Update is coming soon! We've been working on a lot of builds here in house, you can check those out on the TF Blog main page.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #38
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
Update is coming soon! We've been working on a lot of builds here in house, you can check those out on the TF Blog main page.
So much impatience and questioning in your thread.

Great build guys; take your time!
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #39
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Build is look really sweet.

Quote:
Hey! Of course, come by anytime.
I would have to say you guys are my favorite shop for that reason. I felt welcomed there when I just wanted to visit the place during my trip to Final Bout last year. Nice show room and a cool dog. Employees were really cool to talk to in the workplace and out of it. It's a pretty relaxing and nice place you guys have.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #40
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Final Build Update!

This post will be our last project update for this car! It has come along way in its time here at TF, from a whole chassis swap to a built KA-T set up, to a full upgrade on the suspension and chassis.If you haven't been following the build up to now, be sure to check out PART 1 and PART 2. At the end of the last update, we had just dropped the engine in and starting to hook up all of the plumbing:

Wiring up the KA with a revamped and cleaned up OEM Nissan engine harness!

Strut tower ground, can never have too many of these!

The Tomei Titanium catback exhaust all installed on the car!

Another angle.

Tomei!

This exhaust system uses clamps to secure each section together.

We fabricated a resonated test pipe to ensure the perfect fit between the downpipe and the Ti exhaust system.

Manzo downpipe.

Power steering cooler for those drift days where the steering system is working extra hard.

Starting the process of fabricating the hot side intercooler piping. TF coupler = more cool points.

Mocking everything up.

Done!

Intake piping taking shape.

Beads!

Fresh Work Emotion D9r in Bronze wrapped in Zestino Gredge 07R tires.

18x9.5J +22 all around!

TiAL blow off valve installed on the intercooler piping.

More beads!

Always a classic, the Nardi 330mm Classic steering wheel. Black perforated leather with red stiching, perfection.

Mocking up the Tanabe REVEL OLED gauges on the dash.

Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator.

This radiator came with a slightly damaged top inlet, so we cut it off, ordered up a new one from Vibrant and welded it on!

Only a few more things until the car is ready to fire up!

Tanabe REVEL gauges are 100% installed and wired up!

They do look pretty sweet.

We made a quick piece for the water temp sensor bung to be attached to for the gauges.

A look at the chosen seats for this car, Bride ZETA III Type XL.

Super comfortable seat, we test fit the seat with some of our employees here at TF to give you guys an idea on potential fitment.

The engine is done! Running like a champ with it's RS-Enthalpy ROM tune, the car is ready to go.

We made a small video of the car starting, where you guys can hear the Tomei exhaust, see the Tanabe REVEL Gauges perform their startup dance, as well as see some interior details! Check that out on our TF YouTube page by clicking the link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBEN1cyvc04

The Tomei KA-T manifold looks pretty sweet, and sounds great too!

We made a small heatshield to protect the brake booster from the heat that the turbo set up will produce.

Street Faction Engineering seat rails matched up with the Bride ZETA III Type XLs!

Takata harnesses paired up with the Bride seats for maximum safety while drifting.

Street Faction Engineering bash bars were installed on the front and the rear of the car.

That's a wrap for the build! The car will go off to it's owner soon, and then receive a fresh paint job and will be frequenting Drift Day's at USAIR in Shawano, WI very soon! Can't wait to see the driver develop and feel out this car, it's a solid platform to learn on and will no doubt result in him learning very quickly!

Old 03-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #41
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
*slow clap*

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #42
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Takata harnesses paired up with the Bride seats for maximum safety while drifting.

I wouldn't be advising bolting the harness that low in the back as being "maximum" safety. Also If you flip a car with harness' and no cage, you cant duck when the roof collapses, but to each their own for what you consider safe. Either way its a beautiful car and you guys did a great job, very detailed.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:59 PM   #43
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Nice project, I enjoyed reading through the details in each step and ir was a job very well done. I didn't see any mention of a catch can setup - what are you doing for the oil recirculating?

Sent from mTalk
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #44
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
I wouldn't be advising bolting the harness that low in the back as being "maximum" safety. Also If you flip a car with harness' and no cage, you cant duck when the roof collapses, but to each their own for what you consider safe. Either way its a beautiful car and you guys did a great job, very detailed.
I was skeptical at first when I Saw the harnesses, and when I asked about it I was educated on how how Takata instructs harnesses to be be mounted that way at that angle when there is not a cage in the car. If you'd like to view those instructions, I can upload them here. The owner is planning on having us build him a cage in the next off season, so even more safety benefits will be added.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #45
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnEssEnnKAT View Post
Nice project, I enjoyed reading through the details in each step and ir was a job very well done. I didn't see any mention of a catch can setup - what are you doing for the oil recirculating?

Sent from mTalk
I must've forgotten to photograph it, you can see the lines running to the catch can towards the driver side of the radiator, we used this one here: http://www.tf-works.com/circuit-spor...eather-filter/

Old 04-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #46
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Quote:
I must've forgotten to photograph it, you can see the lines running to the catch can towards the driver side of the radiator, we used this one here: http://www.tf-works.com/circuit-spor...eather-filter/
Great, see it now. Thanks for the response. I have a greddy unit that looks similar, appreciate it!

Sent from mTalk
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #47
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Hey what is your heat shield made out of? I see the gold leaf wrap but what is underneath it?
Old 04-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #48
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Hey what is your heat shield made out of? I see the gold leaf wrap but what is underneath it?

http://www.frsport.com/Brake-Cylinde...W45RoCWaLw_wcB

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #49
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
The heat shield is made out of steel, and is the circuit sports brand wrapped in DEI gold heat tape. You can buy the heat shields here:
http://www.tf-works.com/circuit-spor...san-240sx-s13/

Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #50
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Ah, I thought you guys used some material. Im trying to make a heat shield for an intake pod but Im not sure what material to use. Limited access to powertools too
Old 04-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #51
Arteeste
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Arteeste is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

The Tomei Titanium catback exhaust all installed on the car!

Another angle.
Is this a true 3" exhaust ?
Arteeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:40 AM   #52
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light

We made a small video of the car starting, where you guys can hear the Tomei exhaust, see the Tanabe REVEL Gauges perform their startup dance, as well as see some interior details! Check that out on our TF YouTube page by clicking the link here:

Do tial BOV's always sound that "fluttery"? Seems like the spring is too hard. Amazing build and sounds great regardless!
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #53
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteeste View Post
Is this a true 3" exhaust ?
The main piping has a diameter of 80mm, about 3.15 inches.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #54
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post

Do tial BOV's always sound that "fluttery"? Seems like the spring is too hard. Amazing build and sounds great regardless!

The spring is not too hard. The BOV sounds fluttery because the car was being driven under very light load, so the BOV wasn't opening all the way.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #55
BenDerDonDat

BenDerDonDat is an unknown quantity at this point
How much WHP do you figure it will put out with a tune?
BenDerDonDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #56
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The spring is not too hard. The BOV sounds fluttery because the car was being driven under very light load, so the BOV wasn't opening all the way.
it is too stiff.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #57
Gr1mey_Norm
Leaky Injector

Gr1mey_Norm is a well-known jackass

I WANT I WANT
Gr1mey_Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #58
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mey_Norm View Post

I WANT I WANT
Buy it!

I'll run you an awesome deal! (:

Old 10-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #59
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
did you use double sided tape to mount the revel gauges on the dash?
Old 10-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #60
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
did you use double sided tape to mount the revel gauges on the dash?
Yes sir, the double sided tape is included with the gauge.