Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #31
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my nb is throwing the infamous wtf is this problem code.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #32
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
nismospeed

corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #33
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I don't like them. Not sure why, as I'm sure they are a blast to drive. Think I'd actually choose an S2K with a hardtop over a Miata with equal amount of power. And I hate Honda.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #34
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yeah miatas are cool. Really fun cars to drive. Can't wait for the new miata, which is going back to the first gen NA specs, the way it should be.

I have raced everything from GT to formula cars and miatas are hands down the funnest track car on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL23YSPJXs0

^My shitbox spec miata at LRP. The shitty interior wood trim is now gone.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #35
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
they are also probably the most forgiving rwd cars out there for track driving.
enjoyed driving my sunburst yellow '92 back in the day in streets of willing & spring mtn in NV.
you don't need a lot of parts to make the car track ready & reliable.
(wish I could say the same about my worthless s14)

best thing about the car is it's image imo.
what other older performance car can you find so many models at such good condition & low prices.
just waiting for lower mileage mazdaspeed miata prices to come down a bit more than 15-12k.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #36
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can't help but think I'm some how responsible for this.. look at the old thread same shit
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #37
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
They look Like a baby fd I would give em a shot if I could fit in one my knees hit the steering wheel
Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #38
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I like Miata's bunches, in fact I like any small cars that are built to handle rather than put down massive amounts of power. Much like I love Cappuccino's too.

But I hate, hate, HATE convertibles. So a hard top is a must. Much like S2000's, so much sexier with a hard top.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #39
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i love my miater

Miata front.jpg by Flsimages, on Flickr
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
silviasteve
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love miatas i would rock one for auto x for sure.

Also heres a sweet miata.
silviasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #41
randomxzero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
randomxzero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im on my third miata now 2 NA's and just picked this up in November
randomxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i guess i'll add my beater nb to the thread. she's been through a lot in the last 12 years, but hasn't failed me yet. just needs paint and some tlc.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #43
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like how you have to finger it to open the doors
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #44
Pro ViZIon
Zilvia Junkie

Pro ViZIon is an unknown quantity at this point
I love miatas. They look like so much fun.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #45
deathrace2000
Zilvia Member

deathrace2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had an 91 NA. It was fun, but cheesy. I don't miss it.

I drove it 1500 miles across the U.S. problem free, if that speaks to their reliability.

I personally think that NA Miatas with low-offset "aggressive" wheels and tiny, stretched tires look ridiculous. The body styling does not cater to that type of wheel/tire combination. In my opinion, many cars don't, but I feel that this style looks even worse on Miatas.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #46
nixapgt

nixapgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Love mine! Picked it up with 70k on it for $3,000. Now that it turbo its a blast to drive. Beat on it every time I drive it with no problems in over a year.

nixapgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #47
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
I really like NBs, almost bought one several times but ended up with an E36 M3 the first time and an SR S14 the second time.

I'm close to JDM sized, 5'10" and 155 lbs, and I don't fit great in them. A tilt wheel or lower stock seats would work wonders. The power obviously sucks too, and upgrade options are limited and primitive. N/A is pretty hopeless, and its either piggybacks or standalones for engine management with boost. It's too bad Mazda put a pedestrian, low displacement iron block engine in them. Something like the SR20DE of the contemporary B13 would have made the cars a lot more balanced package overall.

I'd still consider buying one though. Next time I'm looking for a DD, if a green NB in nice shape pops up I may just snag it to have the experience of owning one.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i'm 5' 10" and my knees slightly hit the stock steering wheel. a hub, quick release, and 330mm wheel solved that problem pretty easily. then i put my zeta iii in with some modified corbeau rails and my head would hit the roof on bumps. seems like the only seat rails that will get you low enough are the bride rails and they're stupidly expensive. any easy solution that some of my friends with miatas have done is remove the bottom seat cushions, but they're only sitting in the seat for 45 minutes at most where as i regularly drive 2+ hours at a time. my ass would be sore by the time i got to my destination. the other problem is the door hits the seat. i think an exas iii would fit better since it isn't as broad.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #49
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasteve View Post

Damn, that is a goooooood look.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #50
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
i love my miater

Miata front.jpg by Flsimages, on Flickr
Grant, I've been meaning to follow up on your NA. You've already get rid of the Wagon of Doom?
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:13 AM   #51
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
I really like NBs, almost bought one several times but ended up with an E36 M3 the first time and an SR S14 the second time.

I'm close to JDM sized, 5'10" and 155 lbs, and I don't fit great in them. A tilt wheel or lower stock seats would work wonders. The power obviously sucks too, and upgrade options are limited and primitive. N/A is pretty hopeless, and its either piggybacks or standalones for engine management with boost. It's too bad Mazda put a pedestrian, low displacement iron block engine in them. Something like the SR20DE of the contemporary B13 would have made the cars a lot more balanced package overall.

I'd still consider buying one though. Next time I'm looking for a DD, if a green NB in nice shape pops up I may just snag it to have the experience of owning one.
hmmm sr20ve transplant would be a good idea and probably been done a few times already.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #52
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasteve View Post
Also heres a sweet miata.
I sure hope that I'm not the only one who finds this car unattractive. There's too much going on.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #53
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

I only wish the wheels were bronze or gold and the roof wing is a bit mehhhh.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #54
Pro ViZIon
Zilvia Junkie

Pro ViZIon is an unknown quantity at this point
I think its a beautiful car. Not busy at all, aside from the roof spoiler. That could definitely be a bit smaller.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #55
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This Miata appeals to me.

Nowadays, most cars with exterior mods beyond lowering, complementing wheels, and OEM/simple aero, look cheesy to me. I am so grown up and mature.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #56
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
My opinions on Miatas:

I sold my '92 back in June.

Here's my list of pros:
  • Steering feel is hard to fault
  • The 1.6L is willing to rev and makes good noise
  • They look good on 14s
  • Tons of fun stock, with all wear items replaced

Here's my list of cons:
  • Too heavy
  • People with long torsos don't fit without mods like an Elise seat and custom frame
  • You have to spend a ton just to get them to handle right on bumpy roads if you're running at a cosmetically pleasing ride height; otherwise they're always on the bump stops
  • Cowl shake and a floppy chassis
  • Busy on the freeway
  • Not nearly as gas-efficient as they could've been

I'd rather drive a lightened S13 coupe. Then again, I'd rather drive a lightened S13 coupe than the majority of cars out there. I'll own another one at some point, but by then I'll have the money to sort the handling properly.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #57
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Holy balls, Grant!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yokotas13/6341576647/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yokotas13/6341569757/
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #58
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
My good friend owns one and tracks it a lot. I've driven it and it's rather quick. He's done a lot to it and he plans to boost it soon for the next season.

That being said, I couldn't own one for myself. I just don't enjoy it as much as he does...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #59
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Just came back from driving one back home, after my 240 broke at the track. Since I have no more car an NB sounds actually pretty nice.

Theyre great little reliable cars that are super fun to drive. Anyone who hasnt been in a nice one that gets tracked has no word on what these cars can do...

If the only miatas youve been with are all slammed, cambered, and still poking then yes, thats a dumb owner. Otherwise, good cars.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #60
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute

^^Not mine just the same model^^
I've owned two different Mazdaspeeds and loved both of them, wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of my last one but I thought I needed an evo in my life lol. Now I drive an s2k and it feels like the miatas big brother imho.

They are very quirky cars but easy to work on, I also felt like the mpg could be better for what the car has 1.8 with 160hp and only 26 mpg?? lol They have a surprisingly huge aftermarket but it takes quite a bit of searching unlike the 240sx which is on every popular website out there. Flyin Miata and BEGI make some great parts for them and both have quite good customer service, 949 racing and Good-win-racing also cater to the Miata as well. My favorite part is that there are quite a few CARB legal options for FI.

Anyone who judges the car for the stigma is just a fool. It's great when you can park your car and know that it will still be there in the morning as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote