Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Alex@GMS
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Alex@GMS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Test Mule. Solid Sub frame Risers off ebay and they are legit.

So my friends and I wanted PBM Solid subframe risers and even tho they say 100bux on PBMs site with CA tax and shipping they come out to 127 for the set. But by mistake we searched on ebay and found another company selling them. So we pulled straws and I lost . But now that the parts came they are legit!!!

Fast shipping which was nice but the quality of the bushings are amazing. My other friend got PBM a while back and they are exactly the same. Same size and both 6061.

So to clarify.... PBM=127shipped and Ebay R&R place=85shipped

Im super excited to put them in as mine are shot in the 14.

Here is the link to the ebay place. I did not find anyone else with them anywhere besides PBM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R-R-N...Q5fAccessories

Some pics to show you

Last edited by Alex@GMS; 11-11-2010 at 06:06 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
So your friend didn't want to pony up the extra $27 to get what he originally wanted?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
why not just pay the 27bucks and support your local shop? Tsk tsk.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
waiting for the installed pics
Old 11-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Would have made sense if the ebay's where significantly cheaper in price but its like 27 chicken sandwiches difference!!!

i know im going pbm solid raisers, but hope theze work out/fit good for u!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I wish PBM would quit fucking around and make offset subframe risers already.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
I wish PBM would quit fucking around and make offset subframe risers already.

ummm...what? and by what...i mean....what do you mean in regards to "offset"
Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
Alex@GMS
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Alex@GMS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
So your friend didn't want to pony up the extra $27 to get what he originally wanted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelovesnike View Post
Would have made sense if the ebay's where significantly cheaper in price but its like 27 chicken sandwiches difference!!!

i know im going pbm solid raisers, but hope theze work out/fit good for u!
The place is in California it seems. It came from Norcal Area Race&Republic. Whats even more funny is im in norcal also and never heard of it. Has to be new.

and 2nd

127 is the PBM price
85 is the R&R price

127-85=42bux

Some of you guys must be ballers but that 42bux I can use for gas or mounting tires again....lol
Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
ummm...what? and by what...i mean....what do you mean in regards to "offset"
Offset as in, the hole is off-center, so you can use an S14 subframe in an S13. As of now, I *think* SPL is the only company that makes them, but they're costly thanks to all the extra doohickeys they come with that I don't need.

SPL solid subframe conversion bushings 240SX S13 S14 - SPL PARTS

(Yeah, my posts are off topic, so what, ya wanna fight about it?)
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Way to buy another Ebay knockoff and screw over PSM who did all the research and development.

This is what I call the "Wal-Mart mentality".

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so you cheaped out and bought ebay for a $42 dollar savings that will save you what? a few hours worth of your paycheck.....all to fuck pbm's rnd? Granted I buy cheap shit....but its from the locals....gotta support your community....they actually do give back.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
not sure how they are legit
1. you haven't even used them yet
2. They are knockoffs
stop being such a cheapskate, support the community and future inovations, buy the real deal
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
its like, why would you buy the silver ones, when you could have cool gold ones
for 40 bucks more.

idk
Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Katsumbhong
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Katsumbhong is making a name for him/her selfKatsumbhong is making a name for him/her selfKatsumbhong is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hold Up HOLD UP!

It's his own damn money! He can spend it however the fcuk he wants to!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
no man this is zilvia !
Old 11-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #16
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Whats with all the PBM's snatch scratchers??

for some people $40 can go a long way. Hell thats a Formula for my toddler for 1 week or so.

If you talkin about supportin your local shop or what-not, why dont the shop drop their price? im sure these ebay are the same material as what they use. They want to rack up the price because of their cool name. w/e.

I have Megan tracks coilovers. bout the same price as PBM's. why pick PBM over megan? why not? I personally love the way it rides.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post

for some people $40 can go a long way. Hell thats a Formula for my toddler for 1 week or so.

If you talkin about supportin your local shop or what-not, why dont the shop drop their price? im sure these ebay are the same material as what they use. They want to rack up the price because of their cool name. w/e.

I have Megan tracks coilovers. bout the same price as PBM's. why pick PBM over megan? why not? I personally love the way it rides.

The Truth why would i pay that extra amount for a orange color??
Old 11-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yea but for 40 dollars more you get a piece of mind that they were tested. These ebay ones could fall apart for all i know, and if you had your toddler in the back seat, well you get the idea.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #19
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerson408 View Post
The Truth why would i pay that extra amount for a orange color??
truth be told brotha. lol....

if you were siding with me.

but really, Ebay is a hit or miss. even their quick release and deep dish steering wheel.

People pay $100+ for a deep dish wheel when you can get em on EBAY for $40 shipped. Same design, stiching. depth of the wheel and size. i guess you really do pay extra for the "name".. quick releases are $30 shipped on ebay, ive owned 3. and none of em gave me problem.

If people want to pay extra for whats called "quality" and name brand. let it be it. but vice versa for the people who is taking their chances.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #20
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Keep in mind there is no accountability for the ebay ones to guarantee they are actually 6061. Its ebay, they can say they are made of titanium and you can't do crap about if when you get them and they are made of chalk except give them bad feedback.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #21
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Yea but for 40 dollars more you get a piece of mind that they were tested. These ebay ones could fall apart for all i know, and if you had your toddler in the back seat, well you get the idea.
1. its aluminum risers. if the OEM rubber doesnt fall apart and cause an accident, highly doubt this would.
2. I dont intend to put my toddler on any 240sx. or civic. but that's jst me. Theres my peace of mind.

Peace of mind do come to play alot. but does PBM test EACH AND EVERYONE of their product before shipping it out? They design it and test only ONE and go from there.

but iono. im not tryna to escalate an argument where people get offended. jst stating my .02.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post

thats 27 Bucks to your local shop Pal. were over here in norcal we gotta pay the extra amount for shipping.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I wouldn't buy ebay suspension parts if you paid me.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Keep in mind there is no accountability for the ebay ones to guarantee they are actually 6061. Its ebay, they can say they are made of titanium and you can't do crap about if when you get them and they are made of chalk except give them bad feedback.
true story. cant argue there. but what makes you think PBM's aint doing the same thing to save a few bucks on their end naw'mean.

kinda like that EBAY suspension thread ive read here. Dude likes it, and its holdin up pretty well. i personally wouldnt take chances that low, but they like em' and thats what matters.

OP slap em on and let us know how it is. Peace Zilvia.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #25
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
duudee. come on..

i mean seriously. wtf. knock off parts? i hate you people.

Quote:

understood. im all for saving money. everyone is looking for the deepest discounts.

but if formula is a priority, then subframe risers are should not even be considered. besides, subframe risers are not even a necessity. that $85 couldve been spent somewhere better.

so OP can afford to buy something so recreational/unnecessary as the risers, but cant man up and buy a legit part. weak

Quote:
true story. cant argue there. but what makes you think PBM's aint doing the same thing to save a few bucks on their end naw'mean.
i guarantee they are whatever Dan says they are.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #26
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i only use PSM risers in my subframe...but really local shops that put in the effort.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #27
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm just waiting for this guy to install them. Oh and comparing megan coilovers to PBM is a joke. Ride on megans for over 20k miles than say they ride nice. I had my Stance coils forever, even hit a curb, never broke, i dont think megans can do that.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #28
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
I'm just waiting for this guy to install them. Oh and comparing megan coilovers to PBM is a joke. Ride on megans for over 20k miles than say they ride nice. I had my Stance coils forever, even hit a curb, never broke, i dont think megans can do that.
I guess ill have to see. im hittin 5K on my Megans.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #29
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:

kinda like that EBAY suspension thread ive read here. Dude likes it, and its holdin up pretty well. i personally wouldnt take chances that low, but they like em' and thats what matters.

OP slap em on and let us know how it is. Peace Zilvia.
I agree to a point, no real harm in trying something out, just be aware of what consumer laws protect you. As for accountability between PBM and ebay, PBM has to have a US Tax ID number, alone with a business license because they are a wholesaler, an ebay seller doesn't. That means that if PBM has problems, they have to carry insurance to cover their liability, can you guess what happens if you buy something off eBay and it fails on you and someone gets hurt? Just read the ToS for eBay, we use it in grad school as an example of loop holing and most of my professors are amazed that the government still allows people to do business on eBay because there are no laws for consumers that cover it. You're basically out in the cold. For example, if I build a gokart and sell it at a yard sale, the gokart breaks and kills or severely injures the kids riding it, I have liability because of how the transaction took place. Now if I had sold the same gokart on eBay then I have no legal liability to the buyer for the failure of the gokart, eBay's TOS protects me as a seller, and any buyer agrees to it when you create an account.

Sorry I know that was really off topic, and these are subframe spacers so even if they fail chances of anyone getting hurt are EXTREMELY slim, just thought I would put some information out there.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #30
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
duudee. come on..

i mean seriously. wtf. knock off parts? i hate you people.

understood. im all for saving money. everyone is looking for the deepest discounts.

but if formula is a priority, then subframe risers are should not even be considered. besides, subframe risers are not even a necessity. that $85 couldve been spent somewhere better.

so OP can afford to buy something so recreational/unnecessary as the risers, but cant man up and buy a legit part. weak
True. i see what you talkin about, but for me. Im not goen the route some of you guys might want to head. Dooing it big going to FD or D1 or what not. So ofcourse you want quality name brand parts. I jst buy em for shits and giggles. Its a phase for me thats all. Really dont want to be over spending on parts.