Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #31
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thanks GenPac
NissanParts.cc is where I ordered all my OEM parts from.
All my sites where I get my parts are listed in the first post

More Stuff!

Cleaning up the Stock Exhaust manifold
I tried to do it myself but yeah that wasnt working out to well

So I took it to a local machine shop and had them wire brush the ports and runners and throw it in a tumbler

And since I dont want it to rust, I got some High Temp paint (VHT) and gonna plaint it aluminum.
SOOO CLEANNNNN

Primer Coat

Just finished Baking the primer coat.

Annnnnd Done hopefully it will keep and not chip

Swapped out that Piece of Shit XS power manifold for the cleaned up stocker.

Sucks to have such a small working space... (Not my House)
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-13-2010 at 04:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #32
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Nice build, and thanks for posting your experiences with installing the parts whether good or bad. You've got a great wife to help you out too! I know most of us probably don't have a wives that are even remotely interested in being anywhere near us when we're in the garage! Post some vids when you get it running, and good luck with the rest of the install.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #33
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Nice build, and thanks for posting your experiences with installing the parts whether good or bad. You've got a great wife to help you out too! I know most of us probably don't have a wives that are even remotely interested in being anywhere near us when we're in the garage! Post some vids when you get it running, and good luck with the rest of the install.
Thanks, Yeah I dont think Ive ever ran across such a part thats as well know but such shitty quality, I guess suckers like me are what keep them in business.

Thanks again, Yeah I guess im a lucky guy to have found such a great girl ^_^ I will be posting start up vids and such.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #34
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow, very well documented, mad props to you +100 rep for you ha ha ha, keep it going
Old 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #35
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
how much did having the machine shop clean our exhaust mani run you?

The only aftermarket exhaust manifold that I've seen, that people run without a ton of modification, is the godspeed one.

aftermarket is always better though, right? /sarcasm
seriously though, if you're looking for a top mount, I think having it custom made at a fab shop is the only way to go, and thats $$$$
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #36
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper108 View Post
how much did having the machine shop clean our exhaust mani run you?

The only aftermarket exhaust manifold that I've seen, that people run without a ton of modification, is the godspeed one.

aftermarket is always better though, right? /sarcasm
seriously though, if you're looking for a top mount, I think having it custom made at a fab shop is the only way to go, and thats $$$$
$20 to clean the manifold

Yeah Im done with craptastic exhaust manifolds

The only other Manifold for stock turbo location I would buy would be from Scott @ S-Tec in Okinawa, I had planned on getting one from him but I didnt have pay pal at the time but i might buy one in later on.

If i was going for high HP i would go custom or somthing, but im not
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #37
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

So two of my injectors pintle caps had a finger broken off so I was gonna pull them out and replace them with my SR's when I saw this

EEEWWWWY

Good thing I pulled them out but now so i could send them off to get cleaned
Got the Injectors back ^_^Good As New

I ended up getting a Fujii-SPL Power Steering Linefor the RB
I've seen ppl use the stock PS line but from what ive seen its been a real stretch to make it work sooooo fuck it I got one.

Got a deal at Enjuku on the ISIS Short throw shifter I just couldnt pass up and Picked up the new ISIS BOV Flange

If ya'll didnt know ISIS BOV flanges can unscrew if you ever wanted to change the BOV with out cutiing and rewelding

Kinda a S14 IC install, When I got my Core It didnt come with any hardware and the only S14 install's Ive kinda seen either require some crazy ass/sucking mounting that required drilling into the lower core support or somthing so I set out to find some mounting brackets i could use that didnt require drilling into the lower core support

So i set off to build/find some brackets to use without having to drill into the lower core support (to avoid rusting)

So i found these brackets at Lowes

Cut Off the hook

Angle one left and one right

Cut off the top part and drill out the little hole enough for a 10mm bolt

Bolt them up to the lower core support where to headlight brackets mount to.

Then mark and drill out the holes to bolt the IC to.

Plus I can also adjust the angle of the IC haha

I will probably drill out and replace that little Phillip head screw with a bigger bolt

So right now Im that guy that rolls around town with a Interfooler.
The day i Installed it it was a bout to rain, so i said fuck it, plus since the car didnt come with a bumper reinforcement i left it on since it helped support the bumper lol

So pretty much waiting on the Wiring harness so I can drop in the RB, If I had an Exact date of when the harness would be ready I'd be pullin the KA and and beginning the Install.

Also be ordering the Power Steering cooler in a day or two
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-13-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #38
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
This build is looking great. Props on everything and hopefully when I do my swap, it will be looking this good. I am also a believer in quality parts so you don't have to replace it again. Alot of people don't understand the reason to spend 2 times the amount of a cheap product on a good product. You usually have to replace your cheap product when it breaks and then buy another cheap product as a replacement, your spending the same amount as you would have on a good part and still have a cheap product.

Def. subscribing and I can't wait to hear this thing
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #39
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You sir are a gentleman & a scholar lol love this build & don't mean to thread jack but hopefully you can answer a few questions that will aid me?

As far as the R33 crossmember stiffening up the chassis would the R32 one i have do the same? Can i use the R32 one as well for an RB25 swap?

Also if you are using the proper cross member why the need for the aftermarket SYKO engine & tranny mounts & why not go with maybe NISMO replacements since its going to be street driven mostly.

Cant wait to hear this thing run GL man.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #40
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteridaz503 View Post
You sir are a gentleman & a scholar lol love this build & don't mean to thread jack but hopefully you can answer a few questions that will aid me?

As far as the R33 crossmember stiffening up the chassis would the R32 one i have do the same? Can i use the R32 one as well for an RB25 swap?

Also if you are using the proper cross member why the need for the aftermarket SYKO engine & tranny mounts & why not go with maybe NISMO replacements since its going to be street driven mostly.

Cant wait to hear this thing run GL man.
cant really say for sure although the cross-members designs are almost the same

To my knowledge you cannot use the the R32 CM with the RB25 due to the mount designs.

Russell @ NissanParts.cc can get you a Brand New R33 crossmember for a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syko Performance
While the engine can be bolted in by simply using the R33 crossmember, the factory rubber mounts situate the engine too high and too far forward. This does not give proper clearance for the hood or electric fans. Furthermore, the biggest issue is that the turbo exhaust elbow (O2 housing) will not clear the steering shaft. While many people use primitive methods to get around this (cutting and grinding) this can be a serious safety issue. The best solution we've found is to build a custom tubular exhaust elbow which gives substantial clearance to prevent the steering system from binding. Having peace of mind on the track makes it well worth spending the extra money to purchase our kit. Lastly, without our kit, you will need to fabricate a transmission bracket as well as a custom driveshaft. Paying a shop to do this for you would not be cost effective.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-14-2010 at 07:19 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #41
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
uuhh... I can't see a difference in the cross-members. I think you are right about not being able to use the R32 one, but I've never been able to tell the difference solely from pictures. Can someone please elaborate? (this is all just out of curiosity, as I already have a R33 crossmember)

Oh, and how long did it take to get your Skyo mounts? (did you order from them directly?) any mention of how their customer service has been, and quality of their product?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #42
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper108 View Post
uuhh... I can't see a difference in the cross-members. I think you are right about not being able to use the R32 one, but I've never been able to tell the difference solely from pictures. Can someone please elaborate? (this is all just out of curiosity, as I already have a R33 crossmember)

Oh, and how long did it take to get your Skyo mounts? (did you order from them directly?) any mention of how their customer service has been, and quality of their product?
Havent seen an R32 CM in person in a while but the R33's Use 2 bolt (each side) on the bottom of the mounts and R32's use 1 bolt (each side) , and I wanna say the R32 CM mount point are angled a little more

EDIT: I missed your second question.

I ordered the Mount kit from Phase2, Havent talked with anyone from Syko but quality look top notch.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-18-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #43
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Havent seen an R32 CM in person in a while but the R33's Use 2 bolt (each side) on the bottom of the mounts and R32's use 1 bolt (each side) , and I wanna say the R32 CM mount point are angled a little more
Although similar in appearance they are actually different & i do see the angles, THANK YOU Sileighty_85 for the info now updates pls lol
Old 07-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #44
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Forgot some other stuff,

My Tranny mount was torn when I got it so I ordered a Nismo Mount for a Z32 (IIRC)

(you all know what a Nismo mount looks like)

as well as replacing the stock Pivot ball with a Nismo Pivot ball

So ive been searching for an RB25 dipstick to replace my old cracked one.

I've been searching for a while on a US spec one and tried ordering a R34 RB25 one from The Nismo Shop. Turns out its too short. Then said they had one for the R33 RB25, well ordered it and it came in well it was too long.

So im tired of searching for this damn part (damn my OCD) So decided to make it work.

The Dipstick i used is from a 2000-2006 Sentra, 1.8 QG18DE; P/N 11140-4Z002

The sentra Dipstick has a Roll pin that holds it in so i just knock out the roll pin

I ended up cutting the RB DS to (MEASUREING FROM THE "L" MARK) Cut it to 40.3CM and slide it into the Sentra's Handle. Then drill out the hol for the roll pin, Insert and Done.

So you should get about 39CM from the bottom of the Yellow Handle to the "L" Mark
Full Length should be 42.6CM of the Silver Stick you cut

Sure your thinking why not cut the Sentra's stick to length, well the Cross Hatching for the "Safe Zone" is bigger on the Sentra.

If all my Measurements are correct, this should get you pretty close to an OEM one (depending on your measurements and cutting you should get around +/- 1 CM for what i got, Which should be fine seeing that you shouldn't be running your oil right on the "L" Mark anyway.

But Just in case can one of you RB25 guys measure your DS from the bottom of the orange lip (the lip that touches the top of the tube down to the "L" Mark? Just to make sure haha *Possibly in CM?
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #45
S13coupeRB25DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S13coupeRB25DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
your ride is pretty sick
Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #46
GenPac
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
GenPac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just wanted to say I have been dealing with the folks at NissanParts.cc (Jeff) as well for my RB20. Very knowledgeable and courteous!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #47
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPac View Post
Just wanted to say I have been dealing with the folks at NissanParts.cc (Jeff) as well for my RB20. Very knowledgeable and courteous!
Who is Jeff?
Russell is the one that runs NissanParts
You must be confused with NismoParts
These two shops are on the same server but they are two different shops ran by two different ppl.

Just wanna clear that up, since it seems to be a common misunderstanding.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-15-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #48
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
i got this nastyness inside on the runners 4-6...sigh this is what i get for cheaping out ;o;

LoL wow, people think they are a good deal because they "look good". Welcome to the RB club and don't throw away that stock RB fan and fan clutch. You can make it fit on the S14's but you have to trim the radiator support and drill new mount holes. I find it keeps the car way cooler than the dual pullers.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #49
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
looks good pat.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #50
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Nice work, very well documented!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #51
GenPac
Leaky Injector

GenPac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Who is Jeff?
Russell is the one that runs NissanParts
You must be confused with NismoParts
These two shops are on the same server but they are two different shops ran by two different ppl.

Just wanna clear that up, since it seems to be a common misunderstanding.
Good to know. It's very confusing because essentially their site is one and the same. Only changes URL depending on whether you click 'nismo' or 'nissan'
Either way, It's still good customer service.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:28 AM   #52
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't care for S14's but i've enjoyed your build thus far. Your right XS power = crap. Their SR manifold sucks too. Good luck with your build.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #53
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
great build and well documented

cant wait untill its done look forward for updates!

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 07-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

little update,
Got in my Power steering cooler system
Ordered it from Summit P/N 4110

Came with hoses, zip ties, clamps...

Since the S14's use a barbed fitting comming out of the R&P I dont have to make a custom line ^_^

I can just slip a hose right over the fitting

Here is the OEM Part Number 49325-03E00-
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-31-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #55
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

MOAR Parts!!!

Got in my New belts and new exhaust mani gasket from Nissanparts.cc
that crappy ass XS-Power Manifold tore up my old gasket when i removed it.

Straight from Japan Land the new Defi line up "Defi Advance BF" Water Temp Gauge (White Face)

So once I finish one of my customers swaps I can send off the Stock turbo and get ported and fitted with new compressor wheels
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #56
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Cometic sells gaskets for the RB motors cheaper than the nissan units. The exhaust manifold gasket is metal unlike the stock and $27ish.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #57
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Cometic sells gaskets for the RB motors cheaper than the nissan units. The exhaust manifold gasket is metal unlike the stock and $27ish.
yeah I saw it and thought about it, but didnt seem that great seemed too thin
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #58
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Works great I used it when I changed manifolds. I also used the lower intake manifold gasket (intake manifold to head) that they sell too. WAY better than the stock paper gasket (RB20). Only thing I didn't use was the head gasket don't trust those I used a Tomei gasket.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 07-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #59
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

are they port matched? the OEM one are.
RB25 Gaskets are really beefy.

Smart Move on the H/G gasket
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #60
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
are they port matched? the OEM one are.
RB25 Gaskets are really beefy.

Smart Move on the H/G gasket
Yeah they match the ports perfect no extra work needed. I installed SR20 exhaust manifold studs on my head because the runners on my exhaust manifold. they were just too long and I wouldn't be able to install it.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Closed Thread