Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #31
angeldunk707
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
angeldunk707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i love vs-kf's...nice fitment you have going on...not really a fan of the R33 but yours could be an acception
*PowerPlenty* RWD SR20DET/Impreza GC8 Build:http://imgur.com/a/7KDa1#0
angeldunk707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
Buckna

Trader Rating: (0)
Buckna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Buckna
been slack with updates, alot going on, but have been making some progress.

motor back in with turbo manifold done and bolted together.

turbo mounted. so little room

rear cradle assembled, minus ikeya arms. (getting arms overhauled as I'm using the same arms from the s14 which are a bit flogged out after a solid 12 months of drifting)

the giant fuel cell. when I cut it open to shorten it I'll get a pic of the baffles, they look sick as. should work a treat

I know my turbo manifolds look budget as, but, they will work, too hard to find anything turbo LS over here at a decent price. and my budget for this thing is no more than 11-12k completed. So where I can make my own things and save on costs I'm going too
Buckna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #33
JosiahP
Leaky Injector

JosiahP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JosiahP
dude this thing is going to be BEAST when you are done!
JosiahP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #34
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb20240sx View Post
Next time get a gts if your gona destroy a skyline. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckna View Post
@rb20240sx, it's very cute you say that. explain to me how it would be different "destroying" this shell, as opposed to another shell. When I got this shell, it came missing panels, no glass, no interior, no running gear, no diff, no front bar. the only thing left GTR in it, was the rear guards, front drivers guard and the wiring loom. How is it destroying it? the shell had been sitting around for 6 years, and was going to be cut up to keep the rear quarters and then send the rest to scrap. In the end I would have used the GTR quarters and welded them onto a GTST, so either way a GTR would have "died". You purists are such fuckwits some days seriously. It would cost an absolute dickload to get the gtr shell I had back to being anything remotely looking/driving like a gtr. you would virtually require a complete gtr to swap everything out of. seems a bit pointless yeah?

OP: Keep up the good work man!

What colors are you going with BTW?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #35
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i need some ls1 powah
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #36
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
was there any way to use the 4wd system? Maybe with a custom oil pan?

i was hoping to see some AWD launches with a boosted LS1 omgwerebreakingshitnao
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #37
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
was there any way to use the 4wd system? Maybe with a custom oil pan?

i was hoping to see some AWD launches with a boosted LS1 omgwerebreakingshitnao

That'd be sick!!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #38
Buckna

Alright, turns out i've been pretty slack with this project. put simply. my sister imported a silvia from japan, (sr20det td06 v mount etc, cool rig) and I've been using that for comps for the moment, plus with modifying that, finishing a 34 sedan project and building another s13 for mountain duties, the gtr hasn't seen much action.

Today I got stuck back into it though, cut the roof off the car and fitted the cage in. what a fucking mission.

vert?

all in, next stage is weld cage to car... funnn.

As for keeping the LS1 all wheel drive. It wouldn't be too hard, a fair bit of FAB work would be needed, the LS1 comes in an AWD version over here in the Holden CrossX8 or something, could possibly use a motor out of one of them, then an adaptor to a GTR box... Hollinger GTR box would be an idea as the hollinger input shaft is the same as the tremec one, and no doubt the bellhousing would be removable and you could buy one to suit LS1. but enough about that, AWD is boring!

hopefully be able to continue on with this thing at some fine pace and get it finished asap.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #39
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
want to see pics of 34 sedan. only if its cool to look at.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #40
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
would have been cool to chop the roof and lower it on the r33.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #41
Buckna

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
want to see pics of 34 sedan. only if its cool to look at.
this is my old one.
sr20 er34

this is the new one i'm doin for a mate

has meister r carbon bonnet, nismo aero, s2 bootlid with lip, LED tail lights, leonhardtt 18x9/10, apexi coilovers, every cusco arm, jun assembled motor, hks cams, hks valve springs, solid lifter conversion, rocker stoppers, 1.2mm gasket, s15 pistons, nismo bearings, trust sump, grex oil cooler, koyo radiator, hks 2835r, trust 50mm gate, greddy plenum, sard 850cc, power fc with boost control kit, gtr intercooler, 5 defi meters, trust titanium exhaust, bride vios3 driver, bride brix 1.5 passenger, orc super single, s15 6 speed box, nismo 2way, probably more. looking to be a good solid rig hoping to have it finished next week sometime.

and roof chop would be too hard, would have to mod the cage to suit, then make new glass up, not my thing. it's a drift car, not a rat rod!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #42
Buckna

got into it and did some work on it today.
modified the factory dash/steering column mount bar to fit in with the cage in there

car finally has steering, which will make moving it around so much easier now. thank fuck.

removed all the body loom today, saving the loom for any plugs that I might need, but rewiring the car for just the needed shit from scratch, trying to keep the inside nice and neat.

here's the fuel cell, currently way to long, going to chop it down the middle and take prob 30-40 cm out of it. making it to fit above the rear cradle inbetween the rear towers, should be good when completed.

I love the look of the cage through the rear window. looks tough.

scotty making my roof part of my car again

this saturday will probably see the cage be welded to the car. and thinking I might cut out the rear section to make room for the fuel cell and start measuring it all up.

wanting to have the fuel cell in by next weekend, as well as gearbox xmember made, trans tunnel fabricated, rear firewall fabricated, all mounts for fuel cell & surge tank & pumps made up, cage welded to car and needed gussets welded in also.

pretty much want the shell ready to be painted inside, once it's painted inside I can start on wiring the car up and making up the switch panel.

looking forward to fitting the dash, hydro handbrake, stock handbrake, carpet, some plastic trims, seats, harness' etc, make the inside look like a car again

with the gearbox xmember made I can measure up and order the tailshaft, and with the fuel system mounted I can make a list of the speedflow fittings and line I'll need to get the fluid from one end of the car to the other.

That car's not as far away from being done as everyone seems to think. I see the light already, getting excited.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #43
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Build is too sick. And it's funny how most of the purists will sit on their ass and do nothing while others like yourself will get over that dumb mentality and realize there is a powerplant that makes more power and is more reliable. Keep up the good work
alexanderig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #44
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love the build man, keep up the good work! Need moar updates nAowwwwww!!!
XeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #45
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Poor poor gtr...
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #46
Buckna

Alright, well. few advancements.

I have cut out the boot floor, made bracing and mounts for my fuel cell. purchased a carter black lift pump and FAST aeromotive 1200hp feed pump, all speedflow fittings required for the boot system, 2 inline filters (one before carter, one after FAST pump), ARE surgetank, and enough line to redo the whole car. fuel cell has been modified and now holds 80 litres.

plan is to run only alloy hardline in the boot with speedflow fittings, then run new alloy hardline under the car,with bulkheads coming through the panels so the boot can be completely sealed off. new boot floor will be made up, and all the holes in parcel tray/rear seat area will be blocked off, incase any strict scrutineers go over the car at any point.

Also bought my billet fuel rails, aeromotive twin entry fuel reg and 840cc injectors. just waiting for them to arrive. trying to find a DEFI fuel pressure gauge that doesn't cost an arm and a leg too.

I also had to buy new wheels, somebody saw my 19's on my car and decided he needed to buy them from me for his FD, so down to just 1 pair of kf's, I went on the hunt for new wheels. it's hard choosing wheels, especially after fitting the KF's up as it looks so damn good on them.

The choices ended up being.

VOLK GTV 18x10 +5 (which I already have)
VOLK GTV 19x10.5 +5

VOLK GTC 18x10 -1
VOLK GTC 18x10.5 -8

WORK VSKF 18x10 -4
WORK VSKF 19x11 +20

or work schwert SC2 in similar sizes, but they got ruled out early coz they don't come in chrome!

ended up going with the kf's. I can replace the front ones I have now with the -4 caliper clearance model (mine were going to need spacers to clear my brakes) and get another pair of 19's for the rear, and use the 18x10 +7 i have for skids, and my gtv's for skids also. should give me 2 19's and 4 18's to skid on all around the same rear fitment. the only sucky thing about this is, I gotta wait for the new ones to get here. on the upside, I get to open the boxes to my brand new wheels in a couple months. that'll be exciting.

I also got some more shiny new suspension bits, cusco front upper arms and cusco front castor rods. I'll get round to putting them in when I pull the knuckles out to modify them for lock and to take my big brakes.

in other news, the rear cradle needs to come out again, as I'm not happy with where it's sitting geometry wise. plus I want to make the mounting for it a bit more solid as well, and maybe gusset the suspension arm mounting points.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #47
Bbsalexaz
Zilvia Member

Bbsalexaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckna View Post
cut the roof off the car and fitted the cage in. what a fucking mission.

I love the r33. WIN

Whats happenin with the orange z32?
Old 06-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #48
Buckna

orange z32 has a VH45 with T51R and manual box, just been finished, getting dyno'd this week hopefully
Old 06-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #49
MattRose
Leaky Injector

MattRose is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey what kit is that? I commented on the picture of you R33 on Hypehypehypehype but got no response! I love you R33, I'm building mine to be a drift beast and plan to LS swap it in the coming years as I progress. Here it is now:
MattRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #50
Buckna

ahh, my housemate is one of the contributors on hypex4, didn't realise my car was up there.

the kit took me a long time to find, it's the perfect mix between a vertex kit, and a BN kit. unfortunately, vertex don't make 33 kits, and when I asked them about this kit, they pretty much thought I was retarded. I have 3 of the kits now though, 1 secondhand and 2 brand new. I figured I should buy a few incase I break a couple. I can email the maker and see how much to make another kit and send it to you in canada, PM me your area code.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #51
Buckna

Here are some pics from the last few days of progress...

cut the cell and measured up, making sure it'd fit in the boot.

tucked away in the corner of the shop

welded in some bars to mount the fuel cell too.

cell with the side all welded up ready to go in

lack of boot floor.

dummying up the mounts for the lift pump.

made up the lines to go tank -> lift pump -> surge tank and surge tank -> fuel tank return

thanks to my mate matt for helping with the fuel lines. so easy with the right tools.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #52
Buckna

and today i had no real motivation to do anythiing substantial.
so to cheer me up I tried fitting up all the spare aero i have to see how it would look. and also mocked up where i want my wing to sit. pretty happy with the width of the wing and how it sits, might actually mount it tomorrow.

tucked away in the corner.

factory series 3 front bar looks awesome all the time.

then i tried to get motivated and cut the dash so it would fit in. I made a right royal mess of it, and it looks shit and i'm not happy with it at all. yay.
luckily i have 3 series 2 dash's, so I can use this as the template dash and use it to measure up how I should cut the next one, so it doesn't look like aids.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #53
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Pics of the black r32? Car looks mean in that picture btw.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:43 AM   #54
Buckna

Mmm, no pics on todays update as I can't be bothered getting my ipod cable.

Mounted the SW motorsports hydrolic handbrake today, sitting nice and upright next to the gear shifter. should be easy to use. cut the centre console trim and the dash trim to suit, fits in nicely and should look tidy enough.

Got rid of a bit more sound deadening, and then got over it and decided the rest can stay.

Also welded up the hole in my TRUST cooler, was a freebie courtesy of Paul at Option1Garage, GTR style trust cooler with a hole in the cold side end tank. All plated up now so should hold pressure fine and work well for what I plan on using it for! Thanks Paulie!

I also ordered my clutch today from NPC performance clutches, dougie's helpful as and bloody cheap! And ordered my injectors.

tailshaft next week, and then it's just wiring away from firing up. looking forward to hearing the idle...

as for the black 32, that's my mates GTR who owns the workshop I have a corner in. it made 830hp last tune on stock stroke 26 with twin t67-25g, now has a new HKS 2.8 kit in it with bigger cams, valves, more porting etc, hoping for around 1000hp.. It ran 10.03 at 153mph 1/4 mile with the car shut off at 3/4 distance due to what we thought was a cracked block, but was actually a broken inlet vaccum chamber. *doh* hoping to make some quick passes on the new engine setup!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #55
JosiahP
Leaky Injector

JosiahP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JosiahP
any pics or vids of this beast running ?
JosiahP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #56
Presha

Presha is an unknown quantity at this point
Forced fed v8 skylines are sooo cool!! Are you on SAU by the way?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #57
Mustache240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Mustache240 is making a name for him/her selfMustache240 is making a name for him/her selfMustache240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
time for dimple dies
Mustache240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #58
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Keep ignoring the people that don't like what you are doing.

Remember, they have probably never driven a z06, nor a R33GTR; and JGTC Skylines didn't run I6's.

You have a nice car, and will be worthy, and original, and most important, you are doing it for fun!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #59
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Australia loves the Vh45de any VG 5 speed adapter plates laying around for sale? Nice build u have skills.