Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #1
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
ka idles at 3k

(backround info) I dropped in a dual cam ka because i my sohc blew..i had to do the timing chain so I put the first piston at TDC and installed the chain.. i got eveything installed in the car and started it up.

Could using a sohc ignition coil be part of the problem?

Problems.
-The motor idles at 3000,
-Motor shakes like crazy,
-Drove it around the corner and it feels like theres no power at all.(Slower than a golf cart slow.)
-Los of backfiring..
Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
where you able to set the timing with a light? my friends dad did my timing chain and said it wasnt off because he was able to get it to factory timing with the distributor no problems. check with a timing light to see if you can get it close. i dont know though, because at 3k the timing would be different. maybe something is up with the throttle body and the cable. id check that out too. and vacuum leaks
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
jdmdrft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
jdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ehh my motor shook really bad but turns out the rotor was bad. was even getting spark on one cylinder and it was slow. replaced the distributor, cap, and plugs and runs like a champ. as for the idle idk man.
jdmdrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
drftthatshit
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drftthatshit is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check you tps sensor on the throttle body if that is way off it will cause the car to idle high or low also do what the rest of the guys said to its cheap and can only aid to fixing your problem
drftthatshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
nevermind read wrong
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
World's largest vacuum leak?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
(update).. i gave up for a while but i just want to get this done...i noticed that if i rev up the motor the idle stays at the rpm i reved it up to..then i noticed that if i push foward the throttle by hand in the engine bay the idle goes down to 1k.(i ajusted the throlle cable too to see if it would help. but no fix).any suggestions will be useful..thanks...
Slammed Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like the throttle plates all nasty and sticky?
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
did you use the SOHC throttle cable? or are you using a DOHC throttle cable?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #10
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

im using a DOHC throttle cable..
Slammed Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
1slowS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
your probably leaking between the intake manifold and head
1slowS13 is offline   Reply With Quote