Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
louren

Trader Rating: (0)
louren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20 Clutch Problem

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has been covered, I did some research and couldn't find an answer.

The car is a 92 240SX with an SR20, both the clutch master and clutch slave cylinder have been replaced recently and the air bleeder box thing before the slave cylinder has been removed. The car was last driven last summer, everything worked fine, dug it out of storage today and the clutch had no feel. Tried bleeding it for awhile, fluid came out, no bubbles. The slave cylinder would move maybe a millimetre with each engagement of the pedal, but no feel really came back to the pedal.

Is there something I am missing here? What is the next thing I could try?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
louren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
koga_shuko

koga_shuko is an unknown quantity at this point
Hows the rubber line from the hardline to the slave cylinder? Not sure if this would do anything drastic enough to cause the problem but its easy to check.
koga_shuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
louren

louren is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks pretty good, it was replaced recently-ish as well. Last night when were bleeding there were no leaks or anything from anywhere in the hard line to soft line to slave.
louren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
If you bought a store brand clutch master/slave, they sometimes go out. In addition, you should be able to get a free replacement since they usually come with 1-year warranty or lifetime warranty. I would replace these two and give it a go.