Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
adversedroyd

Trader Rating: (2)
adversedroyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lightbulb How Do you drift This track? Drift techniques

[IMG][/IMG]
How do you drift that track?
Hey everyone I wanted to make a thread to improve eachother’s driving and maybe help other’s that are starting out. I couldn’t find any info on drifting specific tracks so I decided to start one.
For now I am only posting So Cal Tracks that I have driven.
Rules for posting:
1. State the level of car you have along with model. (levels will be posted below)
2. State the track you are describing and tell us your line, shifting points and break points.
3. What tires and size are you running psi.
4. No bashing each other. Or negative comments! Let’s make this a thread where we can improve each other’s driving techniques.
CAR Levels
Level 0: Complete Stock (can have lowering springs and shocks)
Level1: Has coil overs, Welded or vlsd, may have steering rack spacers and after market bushings. (light suspension mods)
Level2: Aftermarket or extended lower control arms tension rods modified/welded knuckles, hydro e-brake.
Level 3: After market knuckles (from a reputable company) full front and rear suspension. After market Brakes full cage.
Level 4: Full pro drift car all bells and whistles.

Power Levels
Level 0: Stock (can have aftermarket intake) making anywhere from manufacture spec to plus 10 horsepower.
Level 1: Making 20-50 horsepower above manufacture spec. Can be Turbo or supercharged or N/A.
Level2: Making anywhere from 51-150 extra horsepower from manufacture spec.
Level 3: Non oem engine state engine or power.
Level 4: Any engine over 500 horsepower

Ill start the thread with Willow springs Balcony.

Car Nissan 240sx s13 hatch
Level 1.0 running 195/60/R15 to 205/65/R15 rear and 205/50/R15 Fronts

This is roughly the line I use. As I come in to the first corner I usually am in the top of second gear. I press my clutch and pull the ebrake enough to get my rear tires loose. I counter steer in the first corner while maintaining drift by giving it gas. Just as I pass the mid lane I begin to prepare for the transition. I turn the steering wheel towards the second corner, as I do I give a light tap on the brakes. Slide for a second and clutch kick to maintain drift and rpms high. I continue counter steering and giving it gas as needed, As I approach the house/wall. Here Depending on the line I am on I transition and clutch kick or tap the brake while transition slide and then clutch kick. At the end I try to go as wide as possible while maintaining drift by continuing to clutch kick in different spots as needed. The whole track I do in second gear. Only recently have I tried 3rd Gear entries.

How do you drift Balcony?

Last edited by adversedroyd; 02-26-2015 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Picture wasn't showing up.
adversedroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
DRFTMIKE
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DRFTMIKE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bump! lets get this thread rolling, I want to hear some input on drifting this track!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
This is. Fantastic.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Gold Coast S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Gold Coast S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I like this idea... I don't live anywhere near these tracks haha but I can definitely learn a little from them
Old 03-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
Y0SH
Zilvia Junkie

Y0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the rough
I'm not getting the point of this thread. I can see a lot of ways to drift the line you have, it just depends on what your trying to do.
Y0SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #6
adversedroyd

The line that's up is just a rough sketch I made From what I normally do. The thread is aimed at just that: the different techniques that drivers use to complete a similar line. So we can learn of each other and improve our driving. Aimed at all drift levels from beginner/first time driver to an advanced seasoned driver.For example if you do a certain technique for more angle or more smoke or more speed. Explain that line That way we can learn what we are doing wrong or well give feedback if we have something that might improve of that driving line. Given what the driver is trying to accomplish.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
adversedroyd

I don't own any of these videos just found them on Youtube.
Here is last year's first place qualifyer for top drift
Just to get you an idea of the line. I was trying to draw out
http://youtu.be/ZgfoGrn62rQ
Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 AM   #8
1Badhatch
Zilvia Junkie

1Badhatch is on a distinguished road
Take out those brake points. Instead of braking hold the clutch at those spots a little longer as u aproch the house keep the rpm around 3 and keep kicking at the rpm that feels right to you I personally would clutch kick like twice between you break point and clutch kicking points so you don't gai. To much traction as u l9ose speed but that all depends on your tires I haven't driven your car so I can't say for sure
If your talking about 2nd gear on 15s I'm assuming your using. newer used tires from local tire shops
1Badhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:32 AM   #9
1Badhatch
Zilvia Junkie

1Badhatch is on a distinguished road
Just Watched that video if your trying to get a similar line to that your going to need modified knuckles and more power
1Badhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #10
NISSeAN

NISSeAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Car: 1.5
Power: 0
I don't go out as wide as your line but where you brake I let off the gas. That may be due to stock power and 9.5 wheels.
NISSeAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #11
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate to say it...this is almost pointless. Everyone has their own driving style and techniques. Some people prefer to hand brake, some prefer simply kicking the clutch, others are lucky enough to have nice torquey V8s and can just power over every where. Seat time will help people more than anything.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #12
NISSeAN

NISSeAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Power VS. technique VS. manhood?
NISSeAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #13
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
My car has a stock dual cam KA, Coils, welded diff.

I'd choku dori on the straight into a handbrake initiation like you did, haul ass to the next corner and clutch kick, and clutch kick the last corner.

So basically the exact same line as you lol
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote