Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
A moment of weakness... Cx racing rods (jz engine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160737442592...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So looking at these rods I thought (what the heck). I bit the bullet and saved over half on what eagle rods are.

they measured the diameter of the crank, and piston rod hole and they both check out. it does weigh a bit more than the stock rods, But the think that irked me is the fact it does not fit arp bolts like the rest of the world does.

Even stock bolts(same size as arp) will not fix, you need to buy cx racing rod bolts to use cx racing rods(bummer). so these for now are going back return.

supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Has it come to the point now where people are willing to save a few dollars on knock off engine internals??

Holy Shit..............

This is an exercise in how to destroy a block and waste thousands of dollars on the first sign of boost.

You would have been better off with stock rods IMHO. They are good for a reliable 600WHP for a fairly long time. But not my money being spent so don't care lol
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wait, how much power will you be pushing? Most be some crazy power because I thought jz internals are forged and can support close to 1000hp, no?
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
wait, how much power will you be pushing? Most be some crazy power because I thought jz internals are forged and can support close to 1000hp, no?
um NO they are not forged internals.

I'm installing cp FORGED pistons and not sure if ill throw in the stockers or get some eagle rods.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Has it come to the point now where people are willing to save a few dollars on knock off engine internals??

Holy Shit..............

This is an exercise in how to destroy a block and waste thousands of dollars on the first sign of boost.

You would have been better off with stock rods IMHO. They are good for a reliable 600WHP for a fairly long time. But not my money being spent so don't care lol

here is the THING... people spend big $$$ on carillo rods, high end manly rods when simple cheap eagle rods have been TRIED AND PROVEN to be just as durable as 1k set of rods.

the TRIED AND PROVEN thing is the keyword in this statement, if someone doesn't try it out then u might miss something.

cx racings 2nd gen manifold for example. it was TRIED, and its the excellent value for the money no need for 1k plus for a turbo manifold that does the same thing as those high end ones.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:20 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Whatever excuse you want to use that helps you sleep at night is fine with me. I think it's a bit ridiculous to cut corners on something that'll have a lot of money invested. Let someone else be the guinea pig.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #7
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
looks like a decent h beam to me...if bolts are bigger I wonder what the tensile strength is on the material...I agree overall tho use proven companies and spend a little extra for that reliability...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #8
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Why are we assuming these rods are shit? Is there proof that they are no good? Do we know what grade of material they are made of?
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Wouldn't be terribly surprised to find these are made in a chinese factory shared with other manufacturers and the rod bolt was the only thing changed to help the factory sleep at night.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Why are we assuming these rods are shit? Is there proof that they are no good? Do we know what grade of material they are made of?
Run a set let us know how it goes
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #11
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
rofl even I wouldn't suggest that...get em checked out like we would a quality set...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote