Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ziptie '97 180sx from Aus

Website/Blog: http://ziptiemotorsports.com.au/
IG: https://www.instagram.com/ztms_joobie/

Hi guys,

So I thought I might start a thread here for my 180. This has been ongoing for a few years now with a bit of a break in the middle due to life. Having owned the car since 2011, I've had it too long now (in my eyes) to part with it.

As a bit of background, I've owned a couple of cars before this one. When I turned 17 and first got my provisional licence (P plates in aus, you get 4 points for the first 3 years of driving and can't drive anything with a certain power to weight ratio), I had a really terrible paying job and spent every cent I had buying an imported r32 GTS-T off a friend (keep in mind, most of these cars were also sold locally in Aus). It was completely standard in every way, and I loved that car. I have lots of pieces left of it going into my 180 as I crashed it, and before I fixed it up, a cyclone came through town and drowned it. No real pics though, as smartphones were only just coming out and I couldn't afford one, let alone a decent camera.

After it was drowned, I gave up on it and bought a few buckets of crap before I bought my next import - a JDM Spec R s15, not the watered down version delivered locally. Won't lie, crashed that too. This is thanks to one of my friends:

Ended up fixing that and selling it to buy my Kouki 180.

This will take a little while to catch up, so bare with me.

So this is what I have to work with for the moment. Doesn’t look like much, but it made 282rwkw on 22psi before I bought it.

Specs so far:

GT3076r .64 exh
Tial 44mm external gate
3 inch turbo back zorst
Hybrid FMIC
Splitfire coilpacks
800cc injectors
Power FC Djetro
HSD Remote Canister Coilovers
32 GTR front calipers
Slotted Rotors (custom drilled 4 x 114.3 pcd)
Bigger fuel pump (unknown)
Stage 1 cams (unknown)
GK Tech Rear Camber/Traction/Toe
Greenstuff Pads
Few other things I can’t think of ATM.

Took it to the drags for its first outing and promptly blew the piston rings in the first run… Managed a 13.4 @ 115mph. 2.6 60ft time let me down a decent amount.

Turns out it was the ring land in cylinder 3 that went bye bye. Kept driving it anyway. Compression is overrated. Only difference is that now it blew wicked flames after giving it the berries. I never claimed to be a smart man. Didn't really do any further damage once I tore it down for inspection.

The next three years are ones I would rather forget when it comes to this car.

I made a mistake in trying to buy an LS1. What I would give to not deal with bogans (read: rednecks) again... Ended up $3.5k down the drain and nothing to show for it.

Before I tore the SR out though, I bought a camera and tried to work out how to use it. Failed miserably. This is how the car looked the last time it had rego.

I can hear you groan from here. Don't judge me.

Stickers were cool 5 years ago. :deke:

If you visited my blog, you will notice the lack of updates. I'm attempting to fill in the blanks between then and now, and will update here once I've gotten it sorted (too many pics, so little time).

Last edited by Joobie610; 10-12-2018 at 12:47 AM..
Joobie610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links