Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
azanprophet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
azanprophet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azanprophet
Smile What should I do next?

I just did a lot of stuff to my car b/c I got my tax refund back and I'm wondering what else you guuys think I should do.

I did full exhaust system including headers, air intake system, spark plugs and wires, engine steam clean, flush and replace all fluids (oil, radiator, etc.), and put a short throw shifter.

Now I'm wondering what else I should do since I don't necessarily want to go turbo. If you have ideas post em up and let me know
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Drive...
Old 04-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
And it has been quite pretty out today, you are wasting your time being online right now, get out and DRIVE!!!

And I write too!
Old 04-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
azanprophet
Leaky Injector

I've been driving. I started all this a week ago and since then I have spent over $200 for gas. I've been driving after everything I do and it's been fun.

I'm looking for more mods or bolt-ons though. Anyone know of anything?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
gut the car
subframe spacers
some suspension bushings
e-fan
battery relocation
clean your grounds
Old 04-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
mbmbmb23
Zilvia Contributor

mbmbmb23 is on the path to ruinmbmbmb23 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by azanprophet
I just did a lot of stuff to my car b/c I got my tax refund back and I'm wondering what else you guuys think I should do.

I did full exhaust system including headers, air intake system, spark plugs and wires, engine steam clean, flush and replace all fluids (oil, radiator, etc.), and put a short throw shifter.

Now I'm wondering what else I should do since I don't necessarily want to go turbo. If you have ideas post em up and let me know
What's your budget?

-m
Old 04-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
ummm... how about a clutch type lsd muahah.

actually if i were u id invest in suspension after that as well.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
one word Suspension!!!!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 04-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

S14DriftR is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to S14DriftR
yeah, you should have used the money you spent on some coilovers, and then got a lsd after that.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
just drive and get accompanied with one mod at a time...youll learn a lot more this way and appreciate the upgrade way more than if you just slapped everything on at once. plus each dollar that you spend on your next mod will be worth more...just my .02
Old 04-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #11
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I've been driving. I started all this a week ago and since then I have spent over $200 for gas.
Over $200 for gas in one week?! WTF that's about 2000 miles for my car and it has shitty fuel economy.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #12
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I say all bushings in the car to be replaced with polyurathane would be the next thing on my huge list of stuff
Old 04-04-2005, 12:15 AM   #13
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
suspension.... either spring and adjustable shocks or CO or buy my LSD
Old 04-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #14
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
suspension, drive train, and wheel/tire upgrade

hands down to being able to grip the road better because then u can acually use more of the stock power that has been untouched doe to current retrictions u have...
Old 04-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #15
azanprophet
Leaky Injector

I already have coilover suspension with 17" enkei wheels and Yokohama low profile tires. I have a pretty good grip. I have decided I am going to put lower tie bars though. All good ideas though...any more?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #16
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
lsd....... ruca.......z brakes.......
Old 04-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #17
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what you should do next? jump off the bandwagon
Old 04-05-2005, 12:19 AM   #18
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
zzzzz.....where do you begin..... Get ready to spend alot more then tax-back.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #19
nismo2491
Zilvia FREAK!

nismo2491 is making a name for him/her selfnismo2491 is making a name for him/her self
what are you looking for? drag? then buy a nitrous kit. handling then buy suspension. rice, then buy neon underglow kit.

if you buy the last one please let me know before hand so I can load my gun...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #20
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
i think you should find an armadillo and mate with it. that way your reproductive organs will contract leprasy first and surely fall off preventing any further pollution of this planet from your family tree.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #21
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
^^ kinda steep but i guess it will do
Old 04-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #22
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
I think this thread is going to the shitter.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #23
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
gut the car
subframe spacers
some suspension bushings
e-fan
battery relocation
clean your grounds

all these are relatively inexpensive, too

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #24
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
i think you should find an armadillo and mate with it. that way your reproductive organs will contract leprasy first and surely fall off preventing any further pollution of this planet from your family tree.

fuggin genius!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #25
420sx
Post Whore!

^^^ quoting yourself, seems like someone is high. damn share that shit
Old 04-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #26
azanprophet
Leaky Injector

Unhappy

Makoto I come to this board for advice, suggestions, and technical expertise on things that I may not know about because it is one of the best on the web and I know that I don't know everything and can always use suggestions. I understand that open forums have to allow pretty much anyone to promote the free flow of information and opinions in order offer the best environment possible. This is why I find my information here and why Zilvia is one of the best boards out there.

With that being said...

WHAT THE F&%K IS YOUR PROBLEM?
I understand that everyone has a unique personality and that you probably have no life, friends, hobbies or interests other than being an @$$, and you've proved that yourself posting here over 2,000 times.

I truly feel sympathy for you going home to your computer and sitting all day long waiting to 'flame' someone. There is a REAL world outside your front door, with REAL people, and REAL experiences. I urge you to turn off your computer and step outside some time and find your own armadillo. Good luck with the rest of your life and I hope you find something that interests and intrigues you that doesn't involve sitting by yourself, alone in the dark.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #27
MakotoS13
BANNED

Quote:
Makoto I come to this board for advice
you asked me a question did you not? did i not give an answer? i dont see the complication.

there's real people, friends, chicks, beer, and cars out there?

no kiddin? funny how you're encouraging me to get out and do stuff instead of depending on the internet yet you come here for advice on what to do with your life... ah the irony.

kid, if you knew half of the subject that you're struggling to comprehend it'd prolly give you an aneurism. is it so hard to believe that i enjoy constructive deconstruction despite my talent, good looks, financial stability, and a few people that give a crap about me?

i really dont see why people have to be succesful, goodlooking, and stupid or smart, witty, and a complete loser. can't i be the the best of both worlds? WHY OH WHY GOD?!

with that being said...

i once killed an armadillo with a double bladed axe. true story. honest injun.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
And the flaming begins....

I think the answers posted should lead you in a good directions.
Closed Thread