Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Tranny vibration on deceleration?

Does anyone else get some vibration in their tranny whenever they let off of the gas? It's happened ever since my 5spd swap, but I didn't think much of it until a long freeway drive today.

It's more of a dull drone, (thudthudathudathudathuda)...it doesn't seem to affect performance at all, but I just wanna make sure it isn't anything to be worried about...
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #2
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this has been covered a while back. Im one of those ppl it happened to also.. But u just learn to live with that sound and keep that smile on your face.. and not all over the place.

But mine started after i swapped a 3 puck clutch..
-usmd-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Umm...have you checked all the bolts on the driveshaft??? Make sure you havent lost any of it

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:24 AM   #4
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
shouldn't...i got brand new bolts for every possible connection from nissan for the tranny....fuckin expensive...tehy better not have "forgotten" to put anything on or something...

i dont have 3 puck clutch but it is a "performance" clutch from Clutchnet...kevlar disc?
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Well check em all again. Mine comes loose ever so often. Locktite is your new friend when that happens.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:07 AM   #6
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Look up an old thread. Try searching for "driveline vibration". Pretty much, you just have to deal with it. It's when you are at 2500-2000 right? Most people that have the problem have upgraded pucked clutches.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:27 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

a full faced disc shouldnt chatter at all. Shoot im running a 6 puck ACT and i dont even hear anything or feel anything.

CLICK HERE!!!