Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-06-2008, 03:04 AM   #1
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Car Dies After I Start (i Already Searched But I Failed)

pls hear met out i need my car fix before wednesday for important business.

heres what happened: today my car is doing goood. no problem or issues. me and my girl just cruising around the town with no probs. got home. got some rest then i tried to changed my intake. i have the bigger k&n air filter with adaptor. i hadnt use the intake for at least 1 month, when i was trying to make it fit it wont fit on its adaptor. i tried to shove it in with force with the maf. but then i gave since its no good the intake shrank and theres no way i can put the filter in. so i decided to swap an filter with a no name filter. i finished it then drove it again to my friend's party. i just notice that my car was lacking power then i parked. on my way back home. i started my car and it dies right after i started it. i had to start it again and press the gas so itll stay running. i dropped it home then i started checking stuff. at 1st i was thinking could be the maf sensor connector was loose coz it felt like i dotn have a maf. then i put everything back to stoock and still doing the same thing. im kinda frustrated coz i need my car this weekened.

questions is

just by trying to shove the maf w/ adaptor can cause a prob? did i damage the maf? any inputs? im totally lost and its 2:03am im still thinking how to fix this prob.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check the ecu for codes. if you get a maf code? Check the wiring from ecu to mafs. and the power.
Check the sensors element. You may have damaged the wiring, if the element is intact.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You probably messed up the maf plug shoving the filter on. Be more careful. Take off the plug and inspect the wires. Wiggle the wiring and push in towards the plug just incase you yanked on it. You might have to replace the harness plug... If it's anything else, I'd say it's probably your alternator not holding a charge (keeping your car running). Best bet is to turn the car on and pull off the power wire... The car should stay running on it's own. That's if you can get it to idle.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift into a curb View Post
You probably messed up the maf plug shoving the filter on. Be more careful. Take off the plug and inspect the wires. Wiggle the wiring and push in towards the plug just incase you yanked on it. You might have to replace the harness plug... If it's anything else, I'd say it's probably your alternator not holding a charge (keeping your car running). Best bet is to turn the car on and pull off the power wire... The car should stay running on it's own. That's if you can get it to idle.
plug or the maf sensor? when i was installing everything. it was disconnected properply, i didnt yanked it or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
Check the ecu for codes. if you get a maf code? Check the wiring from ecu to mafs. and the power.
Check the sensors element. You may have damaged the wiring, if the element is intact.

check engine light wasnt on. even if i try to keep it alive it no CEL.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It doesn't have to throw the cell in the cluster to record errors!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:11 AM   #6
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

i kinda fix the prob. i had to start the car then hold the gas pedal then let it sits. when it started to warm up then i spray carb cleaner to the intake then open the tb so itll start burning the carb cleaner. then i adjusted the idle. everything worked i can drive it around but then when i do cold start itll fire up but then will die again. i just have to hold the gas pedal.