Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
corriganjoshua
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
corriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to corriganjoshua
Diagnostics Connector

I have a friend I am trying to help and he needs to know where the diag connector is can anyone help me out?

Cheap,Fast,Reliable you can only have 2.
corriganjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
under the steering wheel directly above where your left shen.

Its white and is in reach while sitting in the driver seat and leaning forward.... but your best bet is to kneel into the car and take a look-see so you will know exactly!!

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
corriganjoshua
Zilvia Junkie

corriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfection
thanks a lot +repz

Old 06-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 1QUICK4 Send a message via MSN to 1QUICK4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
under the steering wheel directly above where your left shen.

Its white and is in reach while sitting in the driver seat and leaning forward.... but your best bet is to kneel into the car and take a look-see so you will know exactly!!

-Drew
for an s13? cuz i can't find it anywhere
1QUICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
corriganjoshua
Zilvia Junkie

does this exclude the s13?

Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
Rnz520
Zilvia Junkie

Rnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rnz520
Thats only for S14, for the S13 you have to bridge the gap in the plug and count how many times the CEL flashes
Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 1QUICK4 Send a message via MSN to 1QUICK4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnz520 View Post
Thats only for S14, for the S13 you have to bridge the gap in the plug and count how many times the CEL flashes

that sucks, I have a consult cable and obviously i can't use it

*scratches head*
1QUICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
CONSULT plug is in the fusebox, above the fuses, on ALL Nissan models. OBD plug is beside the hood release cable on 96-98 S14s, below the glovebox, left side on 95s.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
4bangers
Zilvia Junkie

4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices
I have a 95 and my obd plug is on the passenger side under the left side of the glove box. so is this obd1 or obd2? since 95 can have either one right? how do I know which one is it?

1QUCIK4 - can you take a picture of your consult port? I have one too but somehow it cannot plug into the consult port.
4bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangers View Post
I have a 95 and my obd plug is on the passenger side under the left side of the glove box. so is this obd1 or obd2? since 95 can have either one right? how do I know which one is it?

1QUCIK4 - can you take a picture of your consult port? I have one too but somehow it cannot plug into the consult port.
My S14 is the same...connector is on passenger side.
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #11
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
ka24e - there is no diagnostic connector. (only for s13)

obd I ka24de - interior fuse box, grey plug

obd II ka24de---
95does not have obdII diagnostic port. consult port is in the same location as above. looks the same

96+ (some early 96 models do not have obdII connector). consult port is in th same location as above and looks the same. the obdII connector port is under the steering column to the left. white & thick harness connector(female).
Old 06-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
ka24e - there is no diagnostic connector. (only for s13)

obd I ka24de - interior fuse box, grey plug

obd II ka24de---
95does not have obdII diagnostic port. consult port is in the same location as above. looks the same

96+ (some early 96 models do not have obdII connector). consult port is in th same location as above and looks the same. the obdII connector port is under the steering column to the left. white & thick harness connector(female).
Completely incorrect. I said it above, you missed it. The grey connector you have pictured is the CONSULT port, found on all 91+ Nissans. Has nothing to do with OBD.

ALL S14s have an OBD port, it's the same plug for both OBD-I and OBD-II. 1995 models (OBD-I) the plug is found below the glovebox, by the console. 1996-1998 models (OBD-II), it's beside the hood release. The protocol is different but they all have the plug.

So to cover it gain since no one car read:

1991-1998 240SX = CONSULT port located above fuses in fusebox, grey plug.
1995 240SX (OBD-I) = OBD plug is found below glovebox, beside the center console. White plug, standard protocol for all US built vehicles.
1996-1998 240SX (OBD-II) = Same OBD plug, but found beside hood release handle.

And, SOHC models (1989-1990) do have a diagnostic plug, it's just not a CONSULT type, Nissan used a different protocol from 1985-1990 on their vehicles. It's a black plug, about 12 pin, found hanging under the dash near the fusebox as well.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangers View Post

Incorrect. ALL 1995 models are OBD-I. If the plug is under the glovebox it's OBD-I. Build date has nothing to do with it. You will also have a carbon canister under the hood beside the airbox if it's OBD-I.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
Gordo714
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Gordo714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
1993 240sx

my co worker used to work for Nissan he has an adapter that converts the CONSULT port to OBDII

from the OBDII he connects to his laptop which he has Nissan software to read vehicle ECU

earlier this week i tried to connect it but the CONSULT cable on my car was giving no signal or power

need help finding either fuse or pin number

Last edited by Gordo714; 09-10-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Gordo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
s14boy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
s14boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Incorrect. ALL 1995 models are OBD-I. If the plug is under the glovebox it's OBD-I. Build date has nothing to do with it. You will also have a carbon canister under the hood beside the airbox if it's OBD-I.

im almost positive 95s had a "mid year" switch to obd2 feel free to search if you don't believe this.

-Mike
s14boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #16
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14boy View Post
im almost positive 95s had a "mid year" switch to obd2 feel free to search if you don't believe this.

-Mike

This post was from 2008, good chance he figured it out or has completely forgotten about this thread in the last half decade. Check your dates before replying to something so old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote