Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #61
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
i have an oil filter relocate, so the pure one i use is much fatter.

but honestly, if you're that worried about the oil filter, just make a custom system where you can install 2 of them. just use a bunch of AN lines and fittings, and attached it to the adapters plates. twice the filtering if you're that paranoid.
Doesn't address drainback or bypass valve issues, the size particles filtered, etc....
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #62
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
So wix filters DO have anti drain valve? For like a 300zx
Pretty much all nissan filters have the anti drainback, its the relief valve that a few are missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #63
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
These are the "new" oem filters made in mexico...

New design Nissan OEM oil filters cut open - Bob Is The Oil Guy

You guys done bitching about paper end caps now?..
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #64
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't think the bitch was about the paper endcaps but more about how it is missing some things that other filters have. That one even looks to be missing it. No way in hell that would be going on my GTR if I had one, or any of the other cars on that list for that matter.

Now that I think about it most of the talk in this thread has been about a replacement and very little has been about the filter cut open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #65
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The only thing I see missing is a up front bypass valve, which is hard to find in a filter if you're running an s14sr, or basically in any pf the pics with a filter cut open. Im still googling what they do though...
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #66
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rempel View Post
Thanks for the reply s0apgun! Walmart's the only purolator distributor in Canada and they only seem to carry classic and synthetic filters. I'd rather order online than try to deal with Walmart's customer service.
oh sorry man i didn't see you were in canada haha
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #67
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Matej,

I love that the paint/finish of the filter is so important to you.

So which one is the prettiest?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #68
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
When removing the old oil filter during an oil change you should get some oil pouring out around the sides. This shows the valve inside is still working and will help prevent the dry starts you guys are talking about. If no oil pours out then the valve probably failed. I've been using Bosch filters for years on my cars/families cars and didn't have an issue until recently I noticed a couple of them were not holding oil. On my daily (03 Civic) I noticed it was a little rough on startups. It did not really surprise me when I saw no oil come pouring out of the filter when I took the thing off. After the oil change the car started fine. I've since switched to Napa filters for now. I've come to find Bosch in general is a pretty shitty brand.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #69
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
^ Been using OEM filters for years on the KA and always noticed oil spilling out every time (Good, I guess)... Never had any problem or thought twice about what brand filter I'm using.

But until I saw this thread, I started worrying... Should I start considering pureONE? I'm due for an oil change LOL
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #70
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
Matej,

I love that the paint/finish of the filter is so important to you.

So which one is the prettiest?
Hello Yuta.

Last edited by Matej; 06-22-2014 at 04:06 AM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #71
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Zilvia thread from 09
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/265699-read...l-filters.html
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote