Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
drb5721
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drb5721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20, 1 code with hks cams multiple without

Hey guys. After installing my built head with bc springs, ferrera valves and retainers and hks 264 cams I have ran into issues left and right. AFRs have been all over the place. On startup for the first 10 seconds car would idle great and afrs would sit at 14.7-15.0. After 10 seconds it would steadily move to 13's then 12's then 11's. Sometimes it would make it to high 10's without doing anything, just allowing it to idle. Checked codes and found code 12 and 34. I dont have a knock sensor and MAF element looks ok. Car runs like garbage when it is unplugged. Makes me think its ok. Pulled valve cover and found some issues with cams, looked like oiling tube had some clogged holes. Cleaned the piss out of the oiling tubes and they are spraying great. F

igured since the HKS cams were likely shot, I'd throw the stock cams back in. Got everything timed and put back together. Fired it up and car again idles smooth. AFRs were great for about 30 seconds then they went back to the same thing. Pulled codes again.

Now I have codes 11, 12,13,21,34. Again, no knock sensor.
Code 11 for CAS seems weird. Didnt have this before putting stock cams back in.
12 for MAF and it seems like it functions.
13 for coolant temp sensor, swapped it with a spare and still getting the code
21 for ignition signal, again how would the car even run.

All of this makes no sense to me. Mechanical timing is spot on. CAS is spot on. Nothing changed with wiring from just swapping it cams.

MODS
Stock Block
Head with BC Spring, Ferrera Retainers and Valves
Stock cams now
FMIC with BLOW THROUGH MAF
Top Mounted HX35/40 Hybrid with .63ar exhaust housing.
AEM Uego Wideband
3in Turbo Back Exhaust with NO cat

Car drove alright to work this morning. Its a 30 mile hike one way.
AFRs were still all over the place but not nearly as bad.
drb5721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
drb5721
Leaky Injector

Turbo return line started leaking bad on the way home Tuesday so tore off turbo, manifold, lines, etc, cleaned everything up and can tell based off the manifold I am running a little lean overall. Picked up the replacement warrant maf and got it all back together yesterday. Wont run at all with this MAF installed so off to get another replacement. Idled as smooth as possible no higher than 900 with the MAF unhooked. Of course wideband showed it was super rich. Will keep the post updated.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Stock injectors? Stock mafs? Assuming it's sr20? What ecu? Stock tune?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #4
drb5721
Leaky Injector

Stock injectors. Single cam maf. 62 ecu with no tune. After installing this maf that has to be bad, all codes disappeared except knock sensor. Not sure why as nothing else changed. Odd the maf code disappeared even with a bad one.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Why can't you reinstall the knock sensor?

Also idk why you're running stock injectors and stock ecu/tune with a turbo that large.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #6
drb5721
Leaky Injector

As of right now i dont boost any crazy amounts. I sinply havent gotten around to getting the knock sensor. The stock turbo was garbage and i had a rebuilt hx35 sitting on my other car. At a later point when i want ans can do the tune, turbo will already be in place. Considering i put on a 63ar housing, its not super crazy. Gotta wait on another maf before i can do anymore testing.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
drb5721
Leaky Injector

Finally got a working MAF Sensor in the car. The only remaining code is 34 for knock sensor. Still not sure however why AFRs were good until recently.

Haven't run a knock sensor in almost a year and AFRs have been pretty much spot on. AFRs were good with the hks 264s in at first, and then they started going crazy. Swapped in stockers and pretty much the same results.

I will be checking TPS voltage tonight to make sure its not out of adjustment. At this point, I can't think of anything else that would cause my AFR's to be off.