Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmx240sx can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 z32 brake conversion

Just got my isr conversion lines is this conversion straight bolt in like for the front and rear? People are saying I don't need a bracket to bolt up the rear calipers and some say I need a bracket/ adapter so to anyone that has done this conversion do I need adapter brackets or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmx240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2017, 04:44 AM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You can bolt it on the rear but you won't have an ebrake anymore unless you buy
-z32 rotors
-z32 backing plate
-z32 drum brake assemblies
-z32 2+2 cables
-bracket adapting z32 cables

The fronts bolt on using the z32 rotors and conversion lines
Old 05-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #3
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
You can bolt it on the rear but you won't have an ebrake anymore unless you buy
-z32 rotors
-z32 backing plate
-z32 drum brake assemblies
-z32 2+2 cables
-bracket adapting z32 cables

The fronts bolt on using the z32 rotors and conversion lines

So what's the point of isr selling the conversion lines for the rear? I was planning on getting z32 pads and rotors

Old 05-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmx240sx View Post
So what's the point of isr selling the conversion lines for the rear? I was planning on getting z32 pads and rotors

You can still use the rear z32 brakes/rotors
You just won't have an ebrake
Old 05-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
You can still use the rear z32 brakes/rotors
You just won't have an ebrake

^^^

They sell conversion lines for the rear so you can connect the brake line to the caliper.

Just because they sell the lines by themselves doesn't mean that's the only item you need to use Z32 rears.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

S13 z32 brake conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
^^^

They sell conversion lines for the rear so you can connect the brake line to the caliper.

Just because they sell the lines by themselves doesn't mean that's the only item you need to use Z32 rears.

So I basically need everything that kat-power said?

Old 05-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
I'm not trying to be rude but these cars have been around possibly longer than you have. All of this information has already been covered more times than I've masturbated in my life.

http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 05-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

I don't know how it could have been made anymore clear lol

Either put the brakes on and have no ebrake
Or
Buy the stuff I listed and have an ebrake
Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #9
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I don't know how it could have been made anymore clear lol

Either put the brakes on and have no ebrake
Or
Buy the stuff I listed and have an ebrake

I have brand new rotors from the 5 lug swap I did can I use those rotors or so I need 30mm rotors?

Old 05-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #10
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmx240sx View Post
I have brand new rotors from the 5 lug swap I did can I use those rotors or so I need 30mm rotors?

Read this before you reply again.

The
Information
You
Seek
Is
Posted
Not
Only
On
This
Forum
But
Across
Many
Forums
AND
Dedicated
Webpages
Such
As
The
One
That
I
Linked
You
To
Already.

silent nod if you understand my first statement.

Wonderful.

Please SEARCH FIRST!

It appears you're using an iPhone! Perfect! Download dolphin browser and set it to desktop mode so you can read all of the content on the pages you're going to search for before you reply!
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 05-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #11
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
OP has been super vague for far. I won't even try to tackle the original question. But the most recent one for example: what 5 lug rotors? From an S14? If so, then yes, you will need the Z32 rotors that match your Z32 calipers; i.e. 26 or 30mm. Do you even have Z32 calipers? You haven't said.

When I did this swap 5 years ago, I used information that was already 5 years old. I used the Importnut site and a few other threads. Easy peasy.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #12
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
OP has been super vague for far. I won't even try to tackle the original question. But the most recent one for example: what 5 lug rotors? From an S14? If so, then yes, you will need the Z32 rotors that match your Z32 calipers; i.e. 26 or 30mm. Do you even have Z32 calipers? You haven't said.

When I did this swap 5 years ago, I used information that was already 5 years old. I used the Importnut site and a few other threads. Easy peasy.

I have aluminum 30mm calipers, I checked online and no one stated that I needed a whole bunch of other stuff for the rear calipers. All that was said was that they used z32 conversion lines and that's it. I'm not even bothering putting the rears in so I just put the fronts and called it a day.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #13
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Here, the front and rear brakes will bolt up completely fine with 0 modification. You said you already have the conversion lines so that's all you'll need.

However, if you want a functional e brake, you'll need to source z32 rotors, drum brake assembly, z32 2+2 cables, and custom fab brackets to adapt them under the car.

If you're going through the work of the brake swap, do the rears and do them right. Get the parts to make your e brake functional. Don't lazy out on something that takes an hour once the cars up.

nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #14
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Here, the front and rear brakes will bolt up completely fine with 0 modification. You said you already have the conversion lines so that's all you'll need.

However, if you want a functional e brake, you'll need to source z32 rotors, drum brake assembly, z32 2+2 cables, and custom fab brackets to adapt them under the car.

If you're going through the work of the brake swap, do the rears and do them right. Get the parts to make your e brake functional. Don't lazy out on something that takes an hour once the cars up.

I hear ya on that but when I went 5 lug swap I did the rears first so I have new rotors and pads there so I'm just going to source the parts needed and eventually due it over time my z32 fronts are in so I should be fine for the meanwhile

Old 05-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #15
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
You went five lug and kept stock brakes?

nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #16
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
You went five lug and kept stock brakes?

No I went 5 lug in the rear before the front and have regular 5 lug rotors and pads for s13

Old 06-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #17
philliam99

philliam99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a quick question here. Do you HAVE to change the rear knuckles, or can you use the stock (s13) ones?
philliam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #18
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliam99 View Post
Just a quick question here. Do you HAVE to change the rear knuckles, or can you use the stock (s13) ones?
You use the factory S chassis ones, if you go Z32 you'll need Z32 coilover lower mounts.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #19
philliam99

philliam99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
You use the factory S chassis ones, if you go Z32 you'll need Z32 coilover lower mounts.
Thank you sir. So, just to clarify

I'm using Megan 5 lug conversions front and rear. I'm going full Z32 brake swap with e-brake as well. I'm sorry, what is a coilover lower mount? Sorry for the slowness, first time doing this swap :/
philliam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #20
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliam99 View Post
Thank you sir. So, just to clarify

I'm using Megan 5 lug conversions front and rear. I'm going full Z32 brake swap with e-brake as well. I'm sorry, what is a coilover lower mount? Sorry for the slowness, first time doing this swap :/
I'm not sure that's the technical term, its the piece that mounts bottom of the coilover to the knuckle.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I'm not sure that's the technical term, its the piece that mounts bottom of the coilover to the knuckle.

^^ look at the coilover, the bottom of the tube is threaded. The bottom (mount) portion, would have to be swapped to the z32 one if you use the z32 knuckles.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!