Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #61
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I get pretty excited when I see that you've updated this build lol. Nice work man, I like what you're doing with the back seats.
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #62
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Eight View Post
I get pretty excited when I see that you've updated this build lol. Nice work man, I like what you're doing with the back seats.
Thanks buddy, I am still playing around with different material options. We have a full upholstery shop at work so hopefully I can use that to my advantage.

Hopefully will have the lower harness all lengthened before the weekend, my little soldering iron has no chance soldering the larger gauge wires for the alternator or starter signal haha

Also the GTR Bumper has been sold to free up some budget. I've acquired a GTS bumper and modified JUN lip to use while I source a TommyKaira unit. The GTS Bumper is already black so that should save some hassle when it comes time to do bodywork.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #63
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Hokey So. Busy month or so, the really big news is that I am now engaged. I designed the ring myself in solidworks and with the help of the jeweller had it made up. Super excited about this

It has also been super rainy for the past couple of weeks so not much could be done.

In the spirit of Le Mans

As a recap, Nothing off the shelf would fit anywhere neatly in the bay. I had an old rectangular Greddy unit but the fittings were the wrong size for the -10 Raw Brokerage fittings I had pressed into my valvecovers.

I quickly made up a cardboard template to fit behind the passenger shock tower

Clearance to the wiper motor was extremely tight. I then designed it out of sheetmetal in solidworks and had the flat pattern waterjet cut.

Rene @ Centerline Motorsports bent and welded it up for me. Luckily he had an R32 in his shop for some work so we were able to mock up the brackets using threaded holes in the engine bay.

I hit it with a quick coat of Duplicolor Bedliner to match My brake booster and wiper motor.

Fitment is 100% on point. There is just under an 8th clearance between the wiper motor and the catchcan. I still have to make the line which goes from the catch can to the intake but making AN lines gets old really quickly so I will finish that up in the next little while.

Apart from that, My interior still looks like a disaster and I have to take the dash out again to finish looming everything up

But I did finally manage to find a set of RX7 storage bins for cheap.

Not a big update I know but I have most of the parts to finish up many aspects of the build. Clear weather this weekend means I can actually get some stuff done.

Thats all for now.

-Jordie
Old 06-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #64
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I can't say enough how much I love the valve covers
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #65
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Second that^ they came out amazing. Cool Idea to build the storage bins into the seat delete too. Cant wait to see this thing get finished!
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #66
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Congrats. Pix of fiance? Her hand is pretty cute doe.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:06 PM   #67
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats Jordie on the engagement..happy for you brother. Catch can looks mint, hope you have the car out this summer. I plan on being running by then as well.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #68
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Loving this build more and more. Great idea with the rx7 storage bins. I might have to steal that idea and do something similar.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #69
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

It Runs!.

So I just started the 2nd week of my 2 week vacation ( My company shuts down for 2 weeks in the summer)

The first week started off well. Filled the car up with fluids, primed it, and it started right up. One of the lines to the turbo was leaking slightly as was the coolant temp sensor on the intake manifold.

Some new crush washers fixed the oil leak on the turbo side. I went to tighten the temp sensor and disaster.

the hole for the sensor probe was slightly too small and the sensor bottomed out and cracked the manifold. Many swear words were said.

Depression was real.

I made a few calls and pulled the manifold. It was super difficult to do without scratching the bay paint. Pat Cyr and Cyrious Garageworks had the manifold repaired and back in my hand a couple days later.

Whilst the manifold was off getting repaired, I put my interior back in.

Ran into an issue with the glove box. The fuse box was clearly in the way which then snowballed into another mini project.

This wasnt going to cut it for me

So I removed the inner skin and sectioned the glove box to fit.

Test fit. It clearly needs to be filled, sanded and painted for that OEM look.

I am still waiting on a clutch line then I can take it for its maiden voyage.

More updates by the end of the week. Gonna start sanding the aero tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

-Jordie
Old 07-28-2015, 05:58 PM   #70
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Cometics sells a reusable intake manifold gasket for the RB20. cheaper than the factory Nissan one too.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #71
_tony_s13

_tony_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am obsessed with this build lol the precision and details are fantastic. i just read the entire thing over again, cant wait to see it hit the streets. kudos
_tony_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #72
TWest
Leaky Injector

TWest is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good so far, I feel your pain on the rewiring. But please tell me you're not going to use wood for those storage bins? So much extra weight.. :/
Old 07-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #73
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
This is an awesome build. I'm thoroughly filled with nostalgia.

Reminds me of when I longed for an Apexi Multi Checker.

(Fit an Apexi Multi Checker)
Old 07-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #74
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWest View Post
Looks good so far, I feel your pain on the rewiring. But please tell me you're not going to use wood for those storage bins? So much extra weight.. :/
Thanks, I'm not too sure what material I am going to use to make it just yet. I am torn between making it light weight but want it to be able to support some weight and not rattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
This is an awesome build. I'm thoroughly filled with nostalgia.

Reminds me of when I longed for an Apexi Multi Checker.

(Fit an Apexi Multi Checker)
I have been looking at something to put where the stock ashtray is. Mine is broken and was thinking of an Apexi Rev speed meter. But we shall see.

For now the main goal is to get the car running. I am currently just waiting on my clutch line to show up (was supposed to be here monday) and I can take it for a trip up and down the street.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #75
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

ksuberk54 is an unknown quantity at this point
in for pics of fiance/gf lol
Old 08-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #76
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuberk54 View Post
in for pics of fiance/gf lol
She will show up sooner or later.

Anyways,

My mail man is awesome, I had been bugging him all week for my clutchline. Usually he walks the route and then delivers the packages in the afternoon. My clutch line came in on friday and he made a point of delivering it first thing at 9am before walking the route. Awesome.

I got the clutch mostly bled by myself, It took forever since the system was completely dry. There is still a bit of air in the line but. Ill have to wait until someone else comes by.

As of now the engine bay is pretty much complete. I am waiting on some injector seals as my fuel system wont hold pressure. The system primes but the gauge reads 0 as soon as it stops.

I have no visible leaks so one of the injectors must be leaking into the intake manifold. Other than that, I need to cap off the heater core and its ready to go.

Aesthetically I am waiting on some nice hardware to come in to mount the coilpack cover and ignitor.

I also quickly spray bombed one of the sideskirts to see how it looked. I was initially unsure of the sideskirts when they were white but once painted black they obviously became more subtile. The paint matches so so, enough that I can get away with it.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the rear valance sanded and painted as well. All the aero needs work as it was cut in half when it was shipped from japan.

Till next time.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #77
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Are you running an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? I have an Isis adjustable FPR and I have the same issue with my fuel pressure dropping to zero after the fuel pump primes. This was not an issue with my stock FPR. I did have a guy on another forum tell me that all aftermarket FPRs he has ran do not hold pressure after the fuel pump is done priming though so I don't know what to think.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #78
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Eight View Post
Are you running an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? I have an Isis adjustable FPR and I have the same issue with my fuel pressure dropping to zero after the fuel pump primes. This was not an issue with my stock FPR. I did have a guy on another forum tell me that all aftermarket FPRs he has ran do not hold pressure after the fuel pump is done priming though so I don't know what to think.
I am running a Tomei FPR. There is pressure still pressure in the system but it doesn't register on the gauge unless the pump is running. If I prime the car and turn it off I can open the filler cap and the system will depressurize. I am going to replace the O-rings anyways as they have dried out from sitting.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #79
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
I am running a Tomei FPR. There is pressure still pressure in the system but it doesn't register on the gauge unless the pump is running. If I prime the car and turn it off I can open the filler cap and the system will depressurize. I am going to replace the O-rings anyways as they have dried out from sitting.
I've noticed that my filler cap no longer gives off the "psssh" sound when I fill up so maybe I'm losing pressure there. I had an emissions place test it and it passed though. Maybe I should just get a new one and try it out...
Old 08-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #80
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Great work so far...
Congrats on the engagement!

Is that a Jindo dog?

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:50 AM   #81
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
Great work so far...
Congrats on the engagement!

Is that a Jindo dog?
Thanks! She is a Shiba Inu.

Monday Night I drove my car for the first time in 4 years. It was only to the end of the street and back but it felt awesome.

It was also nice to get a picture of the car out of the driveway haha.

The drive short drive wasnt perfect. I had a good friend Martino come by and help diagnose the issues with the car. We ruled out the possibility of both the tomei FPR and O ring seals causing the fuel pressure to drop.

Then the car is idling, we heard what sounded like a huge vacuum leak. which was then traced back to the intake manifold. The manifold is full of tiny pin holes. When you place your hand on the top surface of the manifold you can feel suction.

I believe that when the manifold is cast there are pinholes in the casting. They then get coated to seal it all up. It is when that coating wears off that all these issues become apparent.

So off to the coaters it goes.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:44 AM   #82
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
great build great read. Keep the updates coming.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:13 AM   #83
nissanpwrds14

nissanpwrds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Being born in 81 and having my first S14 in 99, this build hits home! Great friggin work and keep the updates coming!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #84
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanpwrds14 View Post
Being born in 81 and having my first S14 in 99, this build hits home! Great friggin work and keep the updates coming!
Thanks Buddy. Ill do my best.

My manifold is still off getting powdercoated. My cometic gasket came in from FRsport today.

Got my aero all painted (minus the wing). I sold the GTR bumper and am getting a GTS one shortly with the hope to come across a Tommykaira front lip at some point.

I realize I still need to paint the mirrors but I am waiting on my audio stuff to come in so I can do the speakers at the same time.

As you may have noticed, between the gauges, HVAC and my Cupholders (most important) I have no room for headunit. This is ok because every headunit looks like it came from a spacecraft which is not the look I am going for. I dont have the option to hide one in the glove box either.

So i've found this install http://imgur.com/a/BTNFd

am going to give it a go. All my music is on my old Iphone which would just sync to the car. Seems simple enough. Ill report back with my findings.

Thanks for reading.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #85
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Its good to finally have everything one colour again. I picked up a Stock GTS bumper with a GTR JUN Lip cut and channeled to fit.

I'm picking my manifold up after work so I should be able to get it back together over the weekend
Old 08-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #86
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This thing is so cool.
Fingers crossed for those HKS Recaros to make an appearance.

Your Skyline...
...is better than mine.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #87
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Hey my man! I'm glad to see this thing is coming along, and I actually fist pumped when you mentioned that you had it running (and drove it for a bit).

Oh and congrats on the engagement

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #88
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

Your Skyline...
...is better than mine.
Dawww....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Hey my man! I'm glad to see this thing is coming along, and I actually fist pumped when you mentioned that you had it running (and drove it for a bit).

Oh and congrats on the engagement
Thanks! it felt really good just driving to the end of the street and back. I have insurance now and I am just tackling the last few things before getting it on the road.

I picked up my intake manifold from the powdercoaters on friday and does it ever look good in black. Got around to installing it saturday.

Still no garage at my place, so driveway tuning it is!

Got it all buttoned up. it holds fuel pressure now which is a huge relief. The casting was so bad that the pressure would drop to zero as soon as the fuel pump would stop priming. I need to re-tap the coolant temp sensor as some of the powdercoating worked its way into the threads.

The next task was to trim the bumper to fit around the intercooler. The GTR bumper i had was already trimmed and fit right over the couplers and FMIC. This GTS bumper required a lot more massaging. Admittedly not my best job but im sure I'll be able to clean it up.

Unfortunately I could not keep the vents in the side as they interfered with my piping so I am going to have to make some ducting so it looks less empty.

I picked up a new hood so now my car is the same colour black. I just have to do an alignment and I can get temp permits and take it for a shake down run. I just hope I can make the lip last

Last edited by Dolph_KYAS13; 09-04-2015 at 07:23 PM..
Dolph_KYAS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #89
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn Jordie that looks so good. First time I've seen the jun lip fitted to a gets bumper..very nice.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #90
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Woooo that front end, and engine bay...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote