Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
davidpavel
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
davidpavel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Rpf1 sbc

Hey guys,

So I want to powder coat my wheels and I want to go for that SBC (Special Brilliant Coating) that RPF1s have.

Here is a link to them: http://s54.photobucket.com/user/Meta.../sbc2.jpg.html

Anyone have ANY idea what color code that is? Or something that's really close to that?

Thanks!
davidpavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2016, 07:19 AM   #2
PandahZ650
Zilvia Junkie

PandahZ650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PandahZ650
black chrome.

Probably best to post something like that here next time --> http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481
PandahZ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #3
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Since you're not doing it yourself I'm assuming finding the code is a moot point.

Go to your powder coater
Show them the color
They'll show you what they can do.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #4
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I just did a set of vs kf and tried to copy the burning black the best I could. I painted them gloss black then used crome allusion over top. Very happy with the out come! The crome I found very hard to spray tho and not for the faint of harts. One dust coat! 2 coats makes them Crome Crome. They also make a black Crome but I have not sprayed that yet.
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
davidpavel
Leaky Injector

davidpavel is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I will go with the Black Chrome and add some flakes in it to make it pop a bit
davidpavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnr32gtr View Post
I just did a set of vs kf and tried to copy the burning black the best I could. I painted them gloss black then used crome allusion over top. Very happy with the out come! The crome I found very hard to spray tho and not for the faint of harts. One dust coat! 2 coats makes them Crome Crome. They also make a black Crome but I have not sprayed that yet.
yep, its a gloss black base with a mist of chrome. its the absolute worst because you can never really match or repair this finish. and to think, we are so fucking stupid that we buy wheels with this fragile finish. one mistake and its all ugly.

as far as i know, this finish is painted and not possible with powder. also as far as i know, the bmw wheels that come with this same "shadow chrome" finish are inconsistent and rather impossible to find a perfect match.

i would say that black chrome is the equivalent, in some ways, to chameleon paint. a complete pain in the fucking ass. pretty though.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #7
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
also as far as i know, the bmw wheels that come with this same "shadow chrome" finish are inconsistent and rather impossible to find a perfect match.

i would say that black chrome is the equivalent, in some ways, to chameleon paint. a complete pain in the fucking ass. pretty though.
Try matching a set of R34 GTR wheels. You can order four of the same part number, and they will be anywhere from bright yellow bronze to dark grey gunmetal. The worst part is finding matching center caps.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote