Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:42 AM   #1171
Drink&Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Drink&Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drink&Drift
Interested to see what everyone's GT wing setups look like, i purchased an Origin wing, and i relocated the wing stands further apart on the spoiler, but im questioning the effectiveness, and the amount of drag/downforce its going to create, as i also have no way of measuring this.

is there a way to properly set a wing deck up? or a way to make sure the angle of attack is correct?
Drink&Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #1172
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
First shakedown on the S14 couple weekends ago at Autobahn North Course.
It was a chilly morning, barely hitting 50 degrees needless to say everyone was having difficulty getting tire temps up.
Once day started warming up (56 degrees) we were able to pick up the pace.
Car started having some hiccups once we started going over 7,000 RPM. Quick tweak here and there on the AEM Infinity....problem fixed.
Next small issue, once tires got heat into them, and started picking up pace, we noticed under compression the 18x12 wheels in the rear started rubbing on the lca.
Brakes felt great once tires got up to temp... until then it was hard to modulate... as you can see from the picture below. Lock-up was eminent even with RC5+ compound pads.

Overall all car felt amazing. First time out putting down 1:10's on street tires on North course on a cold day... Happy with the results.

We'll be changing up the suspension settings before the next event, and taking care of the rubbing issue.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #1173
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Car looks great, did you guys ditch the rear mid exit exhaust so you could fit a full undertray?

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #1174
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Car looks great, did you guys ditch the rear mid exit exhaust so you could fit a full undertray?
We haven't focused too much on the aero just yet. Just trying get more seat time in on this car.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #1175
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Sounds good, any video footage?

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #1176
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

We took first place over the weekend in Track Modified RWD for Grid Life Time attack.
The 350Z took 2nd place.
We made few changes on the S14 before the race:
installed APracing front brakes
installed GKtech front and rear drop spindles
installed different spring rate up front.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #1177
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What difference did the GKTech hubs make? What spring rates are you running front and rear now? Any sway bars?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #1178
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
^^ What he said.

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #1179
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
255s for me.

edit: 17x9 +22 in front, 17x9.5 +38 in back. S14 subframe so effectively +33 in back.
i just want to bring this back to the front of the thread because its wonderful.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #1180
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Aw shucks.

Maaco paint looks great @ 80mph from 200ft away!
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #1181
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
We took first place over the weekend in Track Modified RWD for Grid Life Time attack.
The 350Z took 2nd place.
We made few changes on the S14 before the race:
installed APracing front brakes
installed GKtech front and rear drop spindles
installed different spring rate up front.
How much of a difference did the drop spindles make? Im debating on getting them.
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #1182
GripSpec
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
GripSpec is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
I have 16x8 +15 rear +5 front RPF1's that are going to sport 245 RA1's for 2015.

I'm getting ready to purchase RA1's for my S13. Is 225/50/15 too much tire for a 15x8 wheel on an s13 chassis? Undecided between 205/50, 225/45, and 225/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GripSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #1183
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
What difference did the GKTech hubs make? What spring rates are you running front and rear now? Any sway bars?
Hey Guys... sorry for the delay responding.

Honestly, the S14 has been out of commission for 3 years. Brought it out with bunch of changes to it, and had one shakedown (cold weather) prior to installing the GKtech parts, so to give you a comparison from before... hard to say.
We're at the same ride height as before, but we extended the coilovers by exactly 40mm... in essence raising the car up 40mm.
I can say that the car is easy to drive, much more predictable and much more stable mid corner. Still playing around with the suspension settings.
The car has custom valved Stance ProComp2 (2-way adjustable) coilovers with SWIFT 12k / 8k springs. Largus front and rear sway bars. Can't remember the size, but they are hollow.
Tires are: Maxxis RC1. Still getting used to the R-comps.
***We do have the GKtech rear knuckles in stock.*** More front spindles are due to arrive end of this month.
One thing to note, you will need adjustable links in the back (RUCA / TOE / Traction).

Our S13 has the GKtech 40mm front roll center kit + steering rack spacer and also the GKtech 40mm rear drop knuckles.
Our driver said it took a bit getting used to the extra angle with the kit, but car felt very stable and could carry good speed through the larger sweepers.
One thing we noticed on our S13 coupe... the tire wear is perfectly even across. Alignment specs in the rear is exactly same as before.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #1184
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripSpec View Post
I'm getting ready to purchase RA1's for my S13. Is 225/50/15 too much tire for a 15x8 wheel on an s13 chassis? Undecided between 205/50, 225/45, and 225/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why RA1s when RRs exist?

definitely not too much tire for a 15x8 but your height will depend on what shift points you want on track.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #1185
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
Why RA1s when RRs exist?

definitely not too much tire for a 15x8 but your height will depend on what shift points you want on track.
classing?
maybe drive on the street?

Old 07-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #1186
gawdzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
gawdzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Mod list here (and FS details) http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=608503
gawdzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #1187
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
From a recent Global Time Attack event at NOLA Motorpsorts Park.

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #1188
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Anyone try rotating the camber plates up front for more caster?
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #1189
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
Anyone try rotating the camber plates up front for more caster?
Drift guys do, I'm already running 8 and thnk it's enough on 'stock stype' suspension

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #1190
Tbone240

Trader Rating: (1)
Tbone240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi Guys, I did a track day a couple weeks ago in my 95 s14 that I have been setting up for a few years. The day was great besides my head gasket popping. 4th track day on Yoko Neovas 205/55/16, they were pretty toasted but still hung in. Running stock sr with 1 bar. Car is gutted.
Car that is filming is Cayman GT4 and the lead car is also a Cayman GT4. I come in around 2:10 and try and hang with the GT4. Fun stuff. My head gasket pops at 9:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2BIWGb9gAY
Tbone240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #1191
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone240 View Post
Hi Guys, I did a track day a couple weeks ago in my 95 s14 that I have been setting up for a few years. The day was great besides my head gasket popping. 4th track day on Yoko Neovas 205/55/16, they were pretty toasted but still hung in. Running stock sr with 1 bar. Car is gutted.
Car that is filming is Cayman GT4 and the lead car is also a Cayman GT4. I come in around 2:10 and try and hang with the GT4. Fun stuff. My head gasket pops at 9:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2BIWGb9gAY
Thats awesome... I thought that Boxster looked familiar...

Saw it at the brewery by me when I was there with my little guy!

Awesome video!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #1192
Tbone240

Tbone240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha Sweet! Small world.
Tbone240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #1193
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Strung up my brothers little 5.0 car today. Never really 'adjusted' a SRA car before with such adjustment. Drive straight as an arrow!

With thta said, that new Coyote under the hood should be fun at the first DE day I instruct him in here soon too!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy

Last edited by codyace; 03-27-2016 at 11:07 AM..
Old 03-26-2016, 09:32 PM   #1194
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
None of your pictures are making it through for me.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #1195
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Cody is that a custom string setup you made? Or something to available commercially?

Ch

sent from knee deep in snow
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #1196
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heychris View Post
Cody is that a custom string setup you made? Or something to available commercially?

Ch

It's a home made copy of the Smart Strings setup. I forget the particular brand that makes SmartStrings, but it's a great tool. You can bounce and roll the car without losing center and al.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #1197
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Thanks!

Ch

heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #1198
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heychris View Post
Thanks!

Ch

Watkins is the Brand, just looked it up

http://www.smartracingproducts.com/smartstrings.html

Old 03-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #1199
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sooo... I occasionally autocross, nothing serious.

Need to make it to more events
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #1200
icantdrift
Leaky Injector

icantdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Forgot this thread existed. I took the win for Limited RWD at Road Atlanta a few weeks ago with Global Time Attack. I was able to do a 1:32.1 with a relatively low 400whp. That's a little over 2 seconds faster that I went last year on the same exact setup other than the GT250 wing and larger splitter.

icantdrift is offline   Reply With Quote