Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
driftfactory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drift Factory Car Update 4/01/05 Pics

Ok guys, I just put up the next update. Steering part one and two.

Check it out
driftfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #2
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Don't raise the car you fucking pussy.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

Ya, because losing an exhaust a week to potholes is soooo "hardcore"
Old 04-02-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
never lost an exhaust on a pothole had the car far lower then that daily for nearly 2 years..battling LA freeways daily.

only shitty low hanging ones get broke on freeways.

pussy.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 04-02-2005, 03:10 AM   #5
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

Wow, You're The Man.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:19 AM   #6
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
I'm going to have to go with dorifto on that one.
You won't bust an exhaust... Seriously.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:22 AM   #7
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfactory
Wow, You're The Man.
Nope, I'm the man or was it the dude, but I was thinking you should lower it more.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:48 AM   #8
The Riot Hero
Banned from the Marketplace

The Riot Hero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Riot Hero Send a message via Yahoo to The Riot Hero
when did more then one bend on the front down bars become legal? i have the rules infront of me, it can only be one bend on the front down bars. might want to make sure that cage is legal before you try and compete with the car.
The Riot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:06 AM   #9
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Flyberto, don't jock me! Soy El Duderino!

Drift Factory person: Have you driven the car yet?(doesn't look like it, hehe) Cause i daily drive my S13. Origin/version:Select bodykit, 17x9/18x9.5 Works, tucking tire in front and *almost* rim in back. get a custom exhaust. I have one that cost $150 from Eastside Muffler up in Palmdale. I also heated up my downpipe, put an exhaust brace under it while it was red hot, and slowly lowered the lift. This bent the DP to be completely between the frame rails. Then we built the exhaust off of the new DP location. 3 inch straight through to a 26 inch resonator, dual 3 inch tip exit. No muffler. Way more top end than the old N1 Dual i was running that fell off on the 14 freeway coming home from Willowsprings Just Drift event.

Yeah my car is that low. It already went through the exhaust scraping enough to fall off phases (happened on the 605 about 5 months before the 14 incedent....)

So let me say it again. Stop being a pussy, don't raise the car to "handle LA potholes". Either you don't drive a full race 240 on the street ( i can do it, why can't you?) or you do drive one and you make it work. Gotta know the tricks, man... And those tricks come with experience. So... do you guys have any experience building drift cars or what?

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 04-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #10
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I do have some expirence building cars and extreme lowering of the car doesnt awlays lead to better handleing. I know the center of gravity is lower, but the suspension geometry is so wack and off that it most likely adversly affect the handeling of the car unless you get all linkages changed to adjustable links. Also those bling baller rims you run are lame as fuck. Fuck staggered set ups, it just makes the car handel like crap. go 1/4 mile and have fun with that, but slamming your car to the ground and running pimp my ride sizes is SOO overrated. I have 16x7 16x7 TE37's with 205's and its just fine. I dont aggree with raising the car for "potholes," but dont lower your car so it handles like shit. Go hit up a car show or something.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:47 AM   #11
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Custom exhaust is where it's at. Why pay for a name? Maybe we'll get more reasonably priced exhausts if people stopped over paying for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
Flyberto, don't jock me! Soy El Duderino!
Uh man, some things have to come to light man. There are many parties involved but one things for sure, the dude never lived in hawaii.

-his dudeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex
I do have some expirence building cars and extreme lowering of the car doesnt awlays lead to better handleing. I know the center of gravity is lower, but the suspension geometry is so wack and off that it most likely adversly affect the handeling of the car unless you get all linkages changed to adjustable links. Also those bling baller rims you run are lame as fuck. Fuck staggered set ups, it just makes the car handel like crap. go 1/4 mile and have fun with that, but slamming your car to the ground and running pimp my ride sizes is SOO overrated. I have 16x7 16x7 TE37's with 205's and its just fine. I dont aggree with raising the car for "potholes," but dont lower your car so it handles like shit. Go hit up a car show or something.
Uh, you clearly don't have any experience with drift.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:46 AM   #12
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Hahaha I like how you are telling me what to do on my car and telling me flat out that it doesn't work. But.... it does work and I have a lot more experience than you. Of course if i were building a circuit/road race car i would have things a little different, but like Flybert said and like the thread topic, this is for a drift car... Obviously something you know very little about. Guess my slammed drift car handles so poorly all those Porsches and shit i see in the canyons/mountains just purposefully let me pull away cause they feel bad for me or something.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 04-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
^^^^here come the flame wars....
Old 04-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #14
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
Quote:
i dont think you could make a more generic statement defending your pussy-ness

bravo
lilredstiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #15
black s13
Zilvia Junkie

black s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to black s13 Send a message via Yahoo to black s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riot Hero
when did more then one bend on the front down bars become legal? i have the rules infront of me, it can only be one bend on the front down bars. might want to make sure that cage is legal before you try and compete with the car.

"While a cage like this is not SCCA approved,"

seems like they already covered that in the first sentence on the page.
black s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #16
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

The cage has been covered at length in the old thread. As far as it being too low, it's hard to see from the pic but the gas tank is ~1 inch off of the ground and the STOCK rim in the rear is tucked about 1/2 inch. That is too low. As far as experience goes, we have plenty, enough to know that having a lower car then everyone else is not proof of any drift prowess. Building a drift car is a personal affair; no one builds theirs the same because it is all up to personal taste. If scraping works for you than cool. But I find that maintaining proper suspension geometry is much more important than competing with everyone to have the lowest car on the block. I prefer balance because ultimately, maintaining balance is what drifting is all about.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #17
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfactory
The cage has been covered at length in the old thread. As far as it being too low, it's hard to see from the pic but the gas tank is ~1 inch off of the ground and the STOCK rim in the rear is tucked about 1/2 inch. That is too low. As far as experience goes, we have plenty, enough to know that having a lower car then everyone else is not proof of any drift prowess. Building a drift car is a personal affair; no one builds theirs the same because it is all up to personal taste. If scraping works for you than cool. But I find that maintaining proper suspension geometry is much more important than competing with everyone to have the lowest car on the block. I prefer balance because ultimately, maintaining balance is what drifting is all about.
Cool, your method works for you. My method works for me... and Koguchi (who was the one who told me to lower the car as much as possible... about 3 years ago, first Drift Showoff). Since then, he's been satisfied with the progress of the car, and at the current state of tuning, he says it is "kakoii"... "cool" in J-speak. So... yeah, do what you want, no one's stopping you, but to anyone who gets their vagina hurt about my car's setup... think about WHO gave me advice on setting it up and how it works for MY taste and MY driving style. Just like some people like "suspension geometry" and 4x4 rally look!

BTW, putting 17s or 18s on the car will raise it up, as the overall diameter of the wheel+tire is more than the stock 15s. Right now my car's ride height is 600mm from ground to fender opening in front, slightly less than 600 in rear. This is the height of Miki's blue S14 from back in the day, for reference on how low 600mm is. I have a couple friends (without aero) running in the 570-580mm range.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 04-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #18
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

I wasn't really saying anything about your set up. As a matter of fact I said "Building a drift car is a personal affair; no one builds theirs the same because it is all up to personal taste". If I had gone on your thead calling you a pussy I could understand you feeling as though your set up was being attacked, but clearly it happened a different way here. Kei Office also suggested that we raise the car a little when they came by a few weeks ago. Considering that it is Kei Office suspension, they know it better than anyone. We are just announcing an update on the car, there's really no reason to flame.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #19
sideviewcivic
BANNED

sideviewcivic has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to sideviewcivic
that really isn't that low. my friend is on kei office xt-a coilovers fully slammed and he tucks stock alloys like that. once you stick on the 18s and adjustable links. you will perfectly fine to clear LAs car eating holes. hell 17s w/o aero and you can run lower like lindsay posted.
sideviewcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #20
vinyladdic7ion
Leaky Injector

vinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of lightvinyladdic7ion is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
YOU have NO experience in building crap. THINK before you talk out of your vagina.
vinyladdic7ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:01 PM   #21
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, people get way too worked up about this shit... Quit freaking out everyone... Anyways, car's looking good. Keep it up.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #22
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Damn! Everyone needs to turn around, grab ahold of that giant stick shoved up your ass, and calm down. It's their money, their car, let them build it like they want to. Dropping names, personal insults and name-calling are no way to show off your maturity. Try making suggestions before pulling out the 'fucking pussy' remarks.
axiomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:01 PM   #23
*NismoS13*
Zilvia Member

*NismoS13* is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like your car is coming along nicely....good luck in the future and keep us updated!

-Adam

FOR SALE -LOTS OF S13 SR PARTS!
(GReddy vspec intercooler, Blitz downpipe, Kouki Taillights, Koyo Radiator, GReddy Type S BOV, Blitz clutch & flywheel, Cusco Triangle Bar, JDM Gauge Cluster, Apexi Exhaust, Custom Test Pipe, Nismo Motor Mounts) Please PM Me With Offers, Brand New Parts That Must Go!
*NismoS13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #24
wanganwonder
Zilvia Addict

wanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to behold
Go lower. msglength
wanganwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:33 PM   #25
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
I KILL YOU ALL!!!!

AHHH!!!!

stop being gay because someone's opinion dosent match your own

im not gona post anything to do w/ the topic at hand

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"