Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:50 PM   #661
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
More info on the engine in that Red s14? Shit looks crazy, almost as crazy as your car
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #662
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
^ Hey there! thanks for the insight and the advice. I actually read the same somewhere. I can't remember where. But the Radiator duct opening measures 29" across and 5.5" high. That taper bottle necks from 29" to 23". Which is the size of the Intercooler core... Right where the taper starts... the Radiator duct Plenum opens up fron 5.5" to 9" as soon as it passed that bottle neck. I was hoping this would help with flow...Basically all I did was look at a bunch of pictures of ducting that included plenums and try to copy it. But it opens to 9" over the Radiator core face.. which Measures 23" X 12" high...with about 22" of the 23 and 11" of the 12" actually available due to the mating surfaces I used on the face to seal it. I'm thinking it'll work really well. But I'm looking at my oil cooler ducts and I'm really un-happy with that now. They're too short.. and flimsy.. and ugly.. and Now I want to re-do them. I just started on the Intercooler Duct...and It's going to be much easier. Once again, thanks for the Input!
Haha sounds like you will be fine and should have some great cooling now, I haven't even gotten around to ducting anything on my car since I have problems with it not getting up to operating temperature -_-.

Any more info on that 300whp 15 year old sr build? Or who owns it?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #663
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
More info on the engine in that Red s14? Shit looks crazy, almost as crazy as your car
The red s14 is My Buddy Brandon Contreras car. It's a supercharged LS1, his car moves......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Haha sounds like you will be fine and should have some great cooling now, I haven't even gotten around to ducting anything on my car since I have problems with it not getting up to operating temperature -_-.

Any more info on that 300whp 15 year old sr build? Or who owns it?
Yes! what would you like to know? It's Micki Frials Car. He's competed in it for years as well. Even held a formula drift license for a while. That car is magic. It HAS broken things.... like sub frame, trans, clutch's etc... but the engine has been rock solid for longer than i've owned my car. Pretty damn cool!
Old 02-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #664
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: "Add 12 More Hours to the Job"

Again...there is no bragging here... I actually got a bit fed up and needed to take a break. Working with the Aluminum is what I'm familiar with...but Its also very tedious. I have to test fit the ducting every single time I pop a rivet on the sides because I can never get it to align EXACTLY on the measure. So with the tolerances being so tight... and the mounting being so snug.. it takes ...give or take a min to put the damn ducting on.. and then another 35 or so seconds to take the damn thing off. It's not just.. " hold it up.. Yeap looks good" And drill and pop a bunch of rivets. That wouldn't work at all. Anyways... I ended up muddeling the Lower Intercooler duct up... the bend is tricky... re-bent it 5 times...over the course of 3-4 hours and finally realized the piece was compromised haha. Got pissed... and had to go get more alum sheet. But The second try was on point. got the smooth bend into the sharp mounting lip Nice and even all the way across. Needed to measure it 1/4" off on each length because believe it or not..the IC placement is offset as well. But enough talk...more walk... and PICS!!! Here you go!

Here is the jacked intercooler lower I ended up trashing

Vs the new good bent one

After I got the lower section done on the Intercooler.... I kind of fell into the groove... Had the metal-core blasting in the garage and everything was flowing... Re-discovered "A life once Lost's - A Great Artist" album... Solid...All the way through. Listened to it over and over again throughout the day.
Anyways...I got the Upper cut, measured and mounted onto the IC.

Reinforced with the Aluminum window trimming.., this stuff is really cheap too! but they ran out of the 1/2" stuff.. So I had to use the 1"-1/2" stuff on the upper section of the IC. I actually like it a little better..but then smaller 1/2" cuts are better for tight spaces..such as the areas close to the Bash bar. Both are sturdy enough though.
Close up of the tolerance between heat exchanger and Duct mating surface

Then I got tired of looking at my hacked up Bash bar and wire wheeled all the old paint off. Hit it with some self etching primer..

Silver Metallic

and the gorgeous hot magenta....

So I have a small problem with the paint shop I've been going to. This one can of magenta, the one can of Self etching Primer, and the one can of Silver metallic cost me 97 BUCKS!!! I was like... What on earth... I was willing to pay around 45-50...but jesus Christ. First they said they could no longer get the paint, then they said they have plenty of the base that they used to come up with it... but because they charged me nearly 45 bucks for the magenta.. I only got one can. So I ran out of it towards the end... So I had to ghetto cover it in places that would show and leave the back side with one coat. Sucks...but no way I was going to waste another 45 bucks on one can of paint. For instance.. It cost me 250 to do the WHOLE engine bay. And that was with 5-6 cans of magenta.. and 3 of the silver base..AND that was with the purchase of self etching primer/acrylic clear. Price has literally tripled +. But it still looks much better than the chipped mess it was.
Finished for the most part!

backside view

Used the Metal exhaust tape to seal it further.. .. Keeping it real!

Finished

So there are a few things I need to tidy up. I need to add the safety wire mounts to the lower Rad lip & the upper rear most lip. This will keep the backside from blowing out like the previous ducting. It’s awesome how tight it fits though..It literally holds itself in place. Snaps in and takes some slight force to get right lined up. But I think it’ll pay off this summer. It’s already 80+ degrees out here in Ca. And I’m thinking I’ll go drive HTM again this weekend. Maybe just Balcony to get it dialed again…or maybe both sat and Sunday if I can get another set of tires haha.
Anyways, I need to cut out some small vents in the Upper IC duct for the Power steering cooler…although it doesn’t really need it.. I figured this would be a good time to get to that. And lastly.. I have leak somewhere in the power steering system…. Pretty sure its coming from somewhere around the top half of the Power steering resevoire. It’s really bothering me because P/S fluid is nasty… not that nasty…but it’s mucking up the drivers side of my engine bay and leaves a quarter sized puddle under the car. I hate leaks. I’m going to do an oil change…. Grab some tires and take the car out to see how she feels. It’s also about time to change the Trans fluid. I’m going to use Redline Shock proof gear oil this time around. See how it does in the heat. Anyways…. Stay tuned for some color… and some drifting shots this weekend!! The Fueled by AI system is on it’s way along with lines and fittings!!!! I’m pretty excited to get it all installed!. More updates soon!

Stay tuned!! And if you come out this weekend!! Say whats up! Just drift Sat/Sun Feb 21st & 22nd! WSIR Balcony and HTM
Old 02-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #665
dphoto

Trader Rating: (0)
dphoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome! I'm going to come up and hang on Sunday just to check it out. Will definitely say hello if I see you up there.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #666
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphoto View Post
Awesome! I'm going to come up and hang on Sunday just to check it out. Will definitely say hello if I see you up there.
See you There!!
Old 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #667
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Proper ducting is the way to go!
Nice work.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:53 PM   #668
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
So I have a small problem with the paint shop I've been going to. This one can of magenta, the one can of Self etching Primer, and the one can of Silver metallic cost me 97 BUCKS!!! I was like... What on earth... I was willing to pay around 45-50...but jesus Christ. First they said they could no longer get the paint, then they said they have plenty of the base that they used to come up with it... but because they charged me nearly 45 bucks for the magenta.. I only got one can. So I ran out of it towards the end... So I had to ghetto cover it in places that would show and leave the back side with one coat. Sucks...but no way I was going to waste another 45 bucks on one can of paint. For instance.. It cost me 250 to do the WHOLE engine bay. And that was with 5-6 cans of magenta.. and 3 of the silver base..AND that was with the purchase of self etching primer/acrylic clear. Price has literally tripled +. But it still looks much better than the chipped mess it was.
Finished for the most part!
You keep returning to the paint shop like a crack addict hunting for crack. They have you hooked. They slowly raise their prices. You must find a new crack dealer for your lovely magenta.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #669
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Car looks great, man! You have it looking good as new, since that front end took a slight beating! Duct work looks great, by the way.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #670
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: Just Drift Season Opener – “Rain or Shine” Part 1

This past weekend was the Just drift Season opener out here in Southern California put on by Charlie and the Just Drift staff. This would be the first outing for me this season and I was anxious to get out there. It was also the first time I’d be able to take my new trailer out! I had originally signed up for Sunday only, but a couple texts confirmed my buddies would be Going Saturday….and as usually…it’s best to partake in the first day because you never know who’ll be healthy for the second haha. But It was good to get out there. Shout out to Ryan Carrol for being one of my inspirations…this guy goes to as many events possible…and truly LOVES driving!
Anyways… Here are some quick pics!
Loading up The Wolf Saturday Morning

The Giant line at Willow to get in

Team IMR’s Mascot… “ILA” I want one so bad….

My Carnage after Saturday…thanks again to Team Alessio Hancock for swapping all of these for me!! And to Alex Heilbrunn for the steal deal on the tires he wasn’t using!

Sunday was pretty gnarly due to the rain and it was my first time out in these conditions. At first it was actually easier to link sections…but as the rain started and stopped.. the track started to get really inconsistent. There were Dry patches…and really slick sections… and honestly…I thought…THOUGHT I had it figured out until I messed up going up the backside of horse thief. Mid-top of 3rd going up the hill and really thought I could make it to the hair-pin at the top right by staging.. and all the sudden I gripped up. Before you knew it… I was headed off track at around 55-60.. Slid pretty damn far and ended up backwards on the mountain. Car started fine.. and maybe it was good it was raining? I dunno… it was a quick little wake up call though. I actually caught it on my Go Pro…so I’ll have to post it up for you guys. There was no damage other than a part of my side skirt ripping off. And shovel full of mud in my nice new Ducting…but no bends….no fouls…no harm… Just drift!!! Got back out there and Had fun. The car ran great the whole weekend and I couldn’t ask for a better tune. My main thing was Throttle control on Saturday…when it was dry. And It really helped when the rain laid down a nice slick layer over the track. It was a great experience.
Staged for the black and red

Drew, Caitlin, Ray, and some buddies all taking shelter in the best investment ever haha

Pit Wolf

Part deux on its way…. Stay tuned !!!!

More pics and Videos soon!!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #671
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
Proper ducting is the way to go!
Nice work.
Worked Great over the weekend too!! I'm amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
You keep returning to the paint shop like a crack addict hunting for crack. They have you hooked. They slowly raise their prices. You must find a new crack dealer for your lovely magenta.
looking for a new crack dealer fo shoooooo hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
Car looks great, man! You have it looking good as new, since that front end took a slight beating! Duct work looks great, by the way.
Hey thanks!!!! HAVE to keep up on the car.... otherwise... "Frankenstein."
Old 02-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #672
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Ducting looks great!
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #673
dphoto

I snagged a few good shots of your car on Sunday. If you PM Me your email I'll send them to you! Car looked and sounded great.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:58 PM   #674
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Just drift Season Opener @ HTM Part Deux "rain or shine"

Sunday was getting off to a slower start. Mostly because I didn't have tires mounted..nor was I actually supposed to drive. I ended up paying for sunday On sunday morning at the drivers meeting. Luckily there was room! Either way.... the rain was an excellent way to really get in touch with the cars subtleties. Power was utterly useless....so everyone who was out on track really needed to drive to get link things up. I was talking to a couple buddies out there and some of them really had it down. I on the other hand was feeling a little uncomfortable out there. But later on in the day...after people started leaving.. I must've stayed out on track for some 25 laps. And it really really helped me figure things out. I was able to link the judged section what seemed like 5-6 laps without going off or dirt dropping and I noticed that my throttle modulation was much smoother. The last part of that session ended with a pro 2 driver following me into the judged section. Alex Hilbrunn was following me....and I thought to myself.. No biggie.. same as the previous 5 laps. ...Of course I carried a little too much speed coming down the hill and went off. That was kind of disappointing....but it was one out of so many others. But it also gave me some good feedback. I know the car is set up competitively. And I know it's as reliable as a rotary can be. But As a driver..I'm really just not sure I'm ready for Pro-AM. I'm going to compete...hopefully make Round one.. mostly for the experience and to see how it is out on track. But I think Limited will be a better choice for me. Just a thought.. crossed my mind...figured i'd share. I was also talking to some of my good buddies.... guys who've been doing this a while. And they're constantly giving me feedback and advice. Letting me know what i'm doing right.. and mostly what I need to improve. Which is something I definitely don't take for granted. THere's a big difference between stepping on the gas to power out of every bad driving situation... and actually drifting and carrying speed through ....into....and onto the next. I'm going to be working on being as smooth as possible. Driving on my low boost setting...which was what I used in the rain throughout the day. And Making sure that I keep following my buddies advice. After all they're just telling me their experience because they want me to get better as well. Anyways!! Onto the rest of sunday! and pics!

Alessio keeping the fc Fit for the track! It was cold out...and wet. and Miserable...but what a hell of a good time!

Not having windshield wipers sucked.... I didn't have a problem fogging up. But It was almost impossible to see at one point. I literally fallowed a giant dark gob into a slid. That gob was a car.. and the only way I could see it was through my side windows in drift. I had to pull out hah.
This stuff helps a ton!

I went off track 6-10 times... I don't know how many... Nothing crazy.. and the rain actually made it nice and smooth.

And then I got a litle too comfy on the back side of HTM and went off. Must've been doing 55-60ish thought I could hold it all the way up the hill so I went to transfer over and the rear end caught and sent me straight off. Into the dirt and luckily a spin and backwards into the mountain. Broke my skirt.. Hammered my front wheel. Bent both tie rods very slightly. And made me think twice about carrying so much speed with the track being so inconsistent (patches of dryer and slicker spots). I needed to be careful.

But the day went well and I ended up going back out for another couple sessions. Tires lasted alllllllll day and I didn't have to change them once. IT was great.

Got the car home and realized just how dirty she was the next day after work.
FILTHY

Luckily...she cleans Up well!!!!

And Lastly.... You know how they say keep your hands inside? Well I had a passenger and he luckily kept his arms inside the window. This is Damage from a tire blow out at 40ish heading into the uphill on the backside of htm. That could've been bad had someones hand or arm been hanging out.
Poor car
Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 AM   #675
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3BEWBZ View Post
Ducting looks great!
THanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphoto View Post
I snagged a few good shots of your car on Sunday. If you PM Me your email I'll send them to you! Car looked and sounded great.

Ooooooh yea!!!! Thanks! I was hoping it would be louder than it used to. I have ear plugs now....And I love it.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 AM   #676
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Update:

I need to get my hands on some paint...but I'm afraid my local paint shop won't be able to duplicate my Hot pink Magenta. The last time I asked them....they had told me that they were unable to get the stuff anymore due to a law change in CA prohibiting the paint. Sucks. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.. But I'm going to ask for it again and see if they have any left over...hopefully!

Anyways.. More updates soon!!

Stay Tuned!
It may be a long shot try house of kolors porn star pink.when I first saw your car that's the color I thought it was
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #677
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

A good buddy of mine and one of the first people I met here on Rx7club Benny Operator and Owner of "BubbleTech" a primarily Rotary based company...a company spurred from a pure rotary passion... Burnt 100% to the ground. In less words... Benny shared more passion for these cars than almost anyone I knew...even coming across the country over the years for Seven stock just to help support and promote our little niche Market. If you have the time and are able to spare anything from 1.00 dollar up to whatever you can.. please take a second to read the following post. As someone who's dumped my life into my car... I can't imagine all of it being 100% gone. ....Reading Benny's news.. and the updates on the fire..and knowing what was in his shop...his entire life...rare hard to come by parts...Friends cars, his own car, a life-times worth of man hours in product development for our cars..... honestly......well lets just say not many things move me.. but it was hard to keep my eyes from filling. Even now..typing this makes me feel a bit queezy. Please take a second to donate what you can. And if you can't.. no problem and no harm done. Here is the link, Thanks for reading guys!!

http://www.bubbletech.us/blog/2015/3...from-the-ashes
Old 03-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #678
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Small Update:

A good buddy of mine and one of the first people I met here on Rx7club Benny Operator and Owner of "BubbleTech" a primarily Rotary based company...a company spurred from a pure rotary passion... Burnt 100% to the ground. In less words... Benny shared more passion for these cars than almost anyone I knew...even coming across the country over the years for Seven stock just to help support and promote our little niche Market. If you have the time and are able to spare anything from 1.00 dollar up to whatever you can.. please take a second to read the following post. As someone who's dumped my life into my car... I can't imagine all of it being 100% gone. ....Reading Benny's news.. and the updates on the fire..and knowing what was in his shop...his entire life...rare hard to come by parts...Friends cars, his own car, a life-times worth of man hours in product development for our cars..... honestly......well lets just say not many things move me.. but it was hard to keep my eyes from filling. Even now..typing this makes me feel a bit queezy. Please take a second to donate what you can. And if you can't.. no problem and no harm done. Here is the link, Thanks for reading guys!!

http://www.bubbletech.us/blog/2015/3...from-the-ashes
That's awful! I had my house burn down on December 7th 2010, so I know the feeling. Definitely a tough situation I never want to go through again or have anyone go through, for that matter. Did he at least have decent insurance?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #679
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
That's awful! I had my house burn down on December 7th 2010, so I know the feeling. Definitely a tough situation I never want to go through again or have anyone go through, for that matter. Did he at least have decent insurance?
Ahh man.... Im sorry you had to experience that. But no... he didn't. He had literally just moved into this building the month before. And yes he should've definitely gotten Insurance...but for a new upcoming shop owner... I'm sure it was on his priority list...but keeping the doors open was most likely more important. Some people go years and years without insurance and never need it...others... Learn the hard way. This time around...it def Bit him in the butt. Irrisponsible? Yes..... Deserving? I don't wish this fate on anyone. Totally sucks.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #680
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

It's been a few since I've been able to get on here but I assure you.....that every day I am doing at least something to the wolf. It's hard to just step back and leave the car alone when you can truly see how the simple things...such as general up keep, maintenance and even cleaning can translate to a positive event experience. Although I am still learning..and I dont' think i'll ever stop both as a driver and self taught mechanic, I really do silently boast to myself about how well prepared I can be. Show up to the event..and have everything ready. Others are rushing around.. I'm sitting back in my chair.. resting and chatting with buddies before I go out again. Of course...that's not always the case. But there are countless things you can do before you hit the track....so that when you can get there.. all you need to worry about is driving. Pre-mixing all my fuel cans.... making sure I have enough fuel for a Saturday and sunday. Having tires, and making sure they're mounted (Dropped the ball on this this past event) .....(but then again I wasn't planning on driving sunday), Taking care of little alignment tweaks etc. I've been doing all of these little things. I sometimes ask myself why certain people even came to the event...because all they're doing is wrenching on the car to get it to make a lap. I don't mean to criticize or anything.. but I guess this is just that. But my very first event last year I watched a guy show up sunday morning.....and literally work on his car the entire day. Said he had driven hours to get there. I was thinking to myself... geese what a waste. pay for the event = $$$ pay to haul the car out to the event = $$$. Not a single lap. Or.... one lap....car breaks down...or only one half set of tires. That kind of seems like a waste to me.. Granted there are different situations that I may not understand..nor is it even my business. But blah blah I'm just ranting. Anyways... I've been doing a bunch of little things to get myself ready for Top Drift Round 1. Which I'm still not 100% Certain i'll be participating in. There are a few deciding factors that I'm waiting on but either way... the Wolf Is ready.

Spent a little time cleaning my engine bay..... Cleaned My 8+ year old HKS filter and inspected it for degradation...
embarrassing

Pulled both Rear over fenders off to clean all the muddy crud out and re fasten the overs so that they're not all flapping around and errrythang

And also did A few quick Renderings of my Race Suit
Option 1

Option 2

Doing a quick front toe alignment...which i'll have to re do because I'm going to increase Front end Caster juuuuust a tad

Sooooooo dirty

And got my Door Numbers from "Super Wow Factory" I'm hoping they'll let me use them.

and forgot to post these up... HTM

Anyways I'll keep you guys updated, but I'm still waiting for the rest of my Aero to get in.. No thanks to the port of Long beach workers.. Geeese... Let's go guys!!!!

and lastly..if anyone is interested. I'm selling my 13B-RE upper Intake manifold to help fund this first event. If anyone's interested....I'll give you a good deal on an un-ported, un-molested Cosmo Upper!!! Pm me if you'd like!!

More Updates soon!!

Stay tuned!!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:55 AM   #681
240s3x
Leaky Injector

240s3x is an unknown quantity at this point
Followed this build since day 1, glad to see you are having fun with it! Looks great, sounds great and it seems like you are enjoying it which, in my opinion, is the most important part!

Great job bud!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #682
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Did you make those toe plates? Any chance I could purchase a pair from you?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #683
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240s3x View Post
Followed this build since day 1, glad to see you are having fun with it! Looks great, sounds great and it seems like you are enjoying it which, in my opinion, is the most important part!

Great job bud!
Hey thanks a lot!! I'm not done yet!!! gotta keep on keeping on "Joe Dirt."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Did you make those toe plates? Any chance I could purchase a pair from you?
I ordered them off e-bay... they were really cheap. Only difference is they don't have the cool Long-Acre logo on them. They may be non-branded...but they're solid and straight.. and get the job done at half the price =-)
Old 03-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #684
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: "Little Bits Here and there"

As the title states...i've been doing quite a bit of work on the wolf. Doing my best to maintain the machine and make sure she's still singing her song. With that comes the financial burden and the a particularly dedicated schedule. When I first started this build.... my white board was used primarily as a purchase board haha. Parts I needed to purchase to get to the next step. Now the board has become a maintenance priority list as well as acting as an event check list - "things I need to have done or with me at the event." For instance... Looking at my board earlier this week I had things listed as such:
- Check Rear Toe - should be 1/4" toe in
- Zero out Rear Camber
- Re-align Front end Toe/???Front inner tie replace?

So I'd go through the list and check off as much as possible in my little late night sessions. The rear toe was dead on 1/4 Toe in. The camber was neg -2" and I'm afraid I won't totally be able to zero it out at my current ride height. I pushed it all the way in though as far as possible...which wasn't far off from where it was to begin with and my test drive seemed to drive straight after everything settled so I guess the easiest way to tell will be my tire wear after a few sessions come practice day. SO we'll see how that goes.
As I think I already mentioned....I had bent my passengers side inner tie rod at the last event... so I ordered a replacement from J-auto. ONly 47 bucks or so. After shipping...like 53ish or so. Not bad. But then I realized that a couple years ago I had purchased Powered by Max S14 Inner Tie Rods. A buddy of mine "Derek Bianski" had been using them with his set up and said that he loved them. So I purchased them. This was pretty bad ass because I had almost completely forgot I had them. So I pulled them out and quickly realized a few differences. Derek had said I would need to cut off some of the threads on the outer section of the tie rod in order to make them fit length wise and retain the ability to adjust em. So I simply lined up my OEM inner ties and the PBM ones right next to eachother, extended them all the way out... Taped them to measure, and cut them with my angle grinder. A few days before that, when I had originally found The PBM inner tie rods.. I ordered some Outer Tie Rod ends from Touge Factory. I Tried to get the Touge factory s-14 outers..but they were out, back ordered. So I ended up Ordering the Circuit Sports outers instead. When I got them.... They actually looked pretty solid. I will say that I was slightly dissappointed that while threading them onto the inner ties... the threading was off centered.. resulting in that Tiny wobble corked screwish deal. I usually use that as a reference as to when something is bent. So i don't know if I jut got a bad set or if the're all like that...but i was like "Gahhhdamnitt." I'm not the kind of person who likes to wait till the last second to get things done, so I just used them anyways. I need the car set and ready to go come Sunday as I may be going out to willow to test. Sending parts back and forth would be a waste of time and effor unless it was seamless.. and by seamless I mean no hic-ups, no wait time, no hassle. So I guess I'm thinking I'll give another brand another shot before I order the circuit sports outers again. The Powered By Max Inners are really nice though. Ok ok move on..
So Once I got the old ties off I just once overed my rack just to make sure it looked and felt solid still. Every thing looked good and felt solid...so I Simply cleaned the old grease of....applied nice grease off the geared and sliding sections and put the new inner ties on. Used my sweet pusher tool to get the old OEM outers off and put the circuit sports outers on. After everything was assembled and the rack boots were safety wired on I did an alignment. 1/4" toe out and secured everything nice and tight. Took the car out and was Immediately....even just backing the car out of the driveway I was very impressed with how much tighter and smooth the steering felt. The steering never really felt bad....but after installing this new set up... I had a pretty good smile on my face. I also increased Caster on the passenger side as i'm almost positive the crash had knocked it out of place. I'm now sitting at about 4.8 Degrees up front. But I'm thinking of just maxing it out up front to see how the car reacts. Everytime i've increased it in the past the car has felt better and better in transition.
While I was doing the install, I went ahead and cleaned up all the muddy build up on the coilovers/uca's/lca's and just the wheel well in general as well. Gotta keep things working good...that means keeping the dirt off and out as much as possible.

Left to right: PBM Inner tie rod, J-auto OEM replacement, (2) OEM inner ties...one of them is bent

that lyfe yo

measured taped and cut

comparison after cutting. I left some extra length just in case I needed it..(you can always cut more off) but putting back on....

installed

Pushed old outers off

Circuit sports outers installed and finished up the install

So i've got 6 tires on the way, My race suit wassssss on the way..and luckily I called this morning because the guy I talked to said an e-mail was sent telling me that the suit was back ordered. I hate when that happens. It's like...just call the person man. So I checked my e-mail... of course it went to the spam folder. So, I almost cancelled the order and was damn near it but I happened to take a look at their garage sale and they ended up having a pretty solid deal on one of last years FIA 2000 approved suits. It was on sale so against everything in my body.....I purchased it. But I figure the comfort level should be night and day. They also had it in my exact size and color preference, so I guess it was meant to be. He said it'll be shipped today. So lets hope he sticks to that.. actually i'm gonna give him a call right after this to confirm haha.
I also ordered some Redline Shock-proof heavy duty for my Transmission....It's about time I changed the fluid. It still feels great....but it's been roughly 2 years since i last changed it and thats just being negligent. "Take care of her and she'll take care of me." I've got new Spark plugs here, so those will be going in today or tomorrow and I'm thinking I should just go out on sunday and make sure everything is solid for Round 1. Socks, shoes, and gloves are on the way... the 20% Discount to Top drift competitors is Excellent from FRsport and it really did save me some funds! Stayed under my budget of 300 Bucks and I got 3 Qts of Redline Heavy duty SHockproof gear oil, Sparco gloves, (2) pairs of socks and Shoes shipped for 290. Thanks Adam K. for setting this up for everyone. I'm sure everyone appreciates it!

Anyways....I was thinking, I think it would be wise for me to switch to a 17x9.5" front wheel. More clearance, less weight, Lower ride height, Cheaper tires, Cheaper wheels, Easier to store.. eveything except that "Baller" factor, which I would def miss because we all like big and shiny...but I'm thinking of going all around 17's pretty soon here. I'm going to do the math and list all the pro's and cons out again and see where that ends me. But the car is ready for the event! Just double checking everything... and The Wolf is ready to go!!!

I'll update you guys again soon here....maybe sunday afternoon or so.

Stay Tuned!!

Updates soon!!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #685
Scott@FontanaNissan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Scott@FontanaNissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Scott@FontanaNissan
dude, your car looks awesome. couldn't get enough of it at ASB can't wait to see it in action again.

-Juan
Scott@FontanaNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #686
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Hey thanks much!!!!^^ I'm all ready to go for Top Drift this weekend. SHould be at the track later on today. Pumped forthe weekend!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #687
dphoto

Good luck this weekend! I wish I could come out and shoot. Freelance life is tough sometimes. Jobs both days this weekend. Tear it up!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #688
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^ Thanks Dana!!! I'll see you out there soon enough!!!
i'm going to be doing a couple test days before round 2!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #689
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update!! "Putting time in"

Whats up guys! So I've been really putting some time in.... not just in the wolf. But in all Aspects of my life. I recently quite my Job...giving up all the securities a full time salary job with benefits could offer. For a chance to live life the way I want to. Using my work ethic and motivation to start making a solid living. With that comes a bit of school/studies and a whole lot of focus if I want to continue doing what I'm doing. I'm very excited to be getting started and I'm happy to say that my gut knows i've made the correct choice! Now on to the Wolf and Just Drift Pro-Am!!

This post should've probably started a couple weeks ago when I started prepping for Round 1 of the Just Drift Pro Am series. I knew I wanted to do everything in my control to ensure that the wolf was 100% ready to rip, this way I could concentrate purely on driving. With this being my first Judged event....I knew I'd need all the preparation I could get. I started with the simple things...Oil Filter and oil change, double checking coolant, Fuel Filter clean, Power steering fluid check, and an inspection under the car. The transmission fluid change was a pain in the ass. My Harbor freight Transfer pump is on its last leg and it doesn't seal completely. So I had to clamp it all the way with one hand...pump with the other...all the while being on my back in a limited area under the car. Got it done in about 45 Min. Should've taken 15 haha.
This time around I used Redline Heavy Duty Shock-Proof Gear oil for the transmission. It has been recommended to me by a few different trusted people so I figured I'd give it a shot. Although... The Idemitsu I had in there has done a solid job for the past 3 years. I couldn't really tell much of a difference in trans feel immediately but I'll revisit that after the next long track day.
Once I was able to get under the car I took a few different sized wrenches and just started checking things. I found that both Turbosmart Gate clamps were loose...like embarrassingly loose.... and so were the clamps fastening my dump tubes. Tightened those up and decided to check the Manifold to engine bolts. Those were solid.. nice and tight. Turbo to manifold inconel hardware......Solid and secure. I'll have to keep an eye on the Turbosmart clamps. Luckily they seat in, otherwise who knows.
After that I decided to investigate a small oil leak i'd developed over the past 4 weeks or so. Never seemed to be more than a half dollar here and there. But I HATE leaks. I had also found a small penny sized puddle of what seemed like E85 towards the front of my drivers side strut tower. So I got under there and started cleaning up....and let me tell you. If there's one thing I realized.. its not to let these little leaks go without addressing them. What a mess. OIl and caked dirt/mud from the rainy day drift event..... Everywhere. I started Cleaning and finally got to where I could actually look for the leaks. I found where the Fuel (E85) was coming form. The drain spickette fitting on the bottom of my Oil catch can was a little loose. There was no Oil in the can...and I've virtually forgotten about emptying it because it never has much in it at all. It had a little Fuel in it when I pulled it off. So I cleaned the threads and the fitting real good with brake cleaner and re-installed it.. Good to go! Next up was finding the oil leak. At first I thought it might be my Power steering reservoir... because the top of the plastic usually has some residue on it after track time. But it wasn't P/S fluid. It was definitely oil. Looking around there All I could see was that it was either the oil pan.....but then it couldn't be because it looked like it was coming from above that a little.... The oil cooler line...maybe had somehow developed a tiny hole and was leaking from underneath the Fire sleeve.. or my OIl filler neck was leaking where it attaches to the middle iron... but that couldn't be because the area was clean and dry. I spent a good 30 min under the car looking but couldn't find anything worth checking. So I cleaned everything really good. And started the car. Let it idle for about 15 min and shut it down. Went and ate lunch and came back hoping I'd be able to see what was up. Got under there and saw that my front bearing Main feed Oil line had a nice little line of oil coming from the Front cover side. Immediately pulled it off and found this.
Remember my Rush for All Star Bash last year? Well that came back to bite me. This is what happens when you rush. This line was chewed and split...and I bet...was barely hanging on to the threads on the inside of the AN fitting.

I cut off the damaged hose and re-made the line the way it should've been made originally. Installed it, started the car and kept my eye on it to watch for leaks. AFter about 20 min. No oil. Took it out and gave it a couple quick rips. Came back to the garage... Still solid. Job done well. I still check on these little things here and there just to make sure they're holding up though.
Next was checking my Charge pipes. Which was embarrassing as well. I don't know if they've worked themselves loose or what.. but most of my clamps aside from maybe 1 were pretty loose. This could be why the car felt like it was a bit slower. Boost leaks everywhere. Annoying. So I'll definitely be upgrading to some Vibrant clamps after driving season. Took the car out again and it felt faster... but still not where it was... So I let her idle and started slowly revving here and there and checking my Vac circuit. Found that the fitting I had replaced on my Brake booser had come loose.

So I pulled off the silver heat barrier and cleaned the area really well. and used Super Copper in-between the Seat and the insert to seat the Rubber Grommet. Came back in an hour and inserted the metal AN fitting. Nice and Tight!!! Wayyyy better than I had originally had it. Didn't fully install it till the next morning after the Super Copper had cured.
I wanted to be ready for the track.. I wanted to get some practice... because I want to do well in Top drift. So on that morning... since I packed everything up, put the Wolf in the trailer and headed out to the track for some testing and practice.
It's always a good time on the way out there. I love it!!

Since it was such short notice... I ended up just going by myself. Figured i'd take it easy and just make sure everything on the car felt good. Check my alignment and mess with suspension settings. But didn't want to get into it too much because I still needed to conserve tires.
I brought cones to set up some clipping points on Balcony but when I got to Willow.....Balcony was already booked. So I went to the dirt oval. Pulled up and Rob Parsons #Chairslayer and Will Roegge. They were shooting some stuff for Rob. Asked if I could share the track with them and they were all about it. Unloaded the car and Drew From OMG drift showed up. I was like "Dang, what a good day to come out." Drew was shooting a promo Vid for the Go Pro Furious 7 Contest Go Pro was putting on. He asked if he could mount his rig on the Wolf and of course I said yes.

I also went over to the Walt James Oval....with the Wall. And ran into Adam Knapik. Shot the shit and snapped a couple pics. His new Wrap is sick.

Went back out to the dirt oval and got some Laps in. The car felt pretty damn good. Didn't want to change much since I was liking how it was feeling. But figured I'd save the settings on the dampers, make some changes and go back if I didn't like it. Went 4 clicks harder in the rear and double checked my alignment before going back out again.

The car felt different but still good. I didn't want to destroy all the life on my tires so I decided double check some suspension stuff in the rear. I brought 2 sets of tires I'd be able to go through. but my goal was to use one of them and put a couple laps on the other set. But I needed to have 10 tires for ROund 1. So after the first set was done...only like 4 Hot laps on this track.. I came in and swapped tires and checked suspension.

See anything....?? I found that my Hydro E-brake Bracket was a bit loose on the Passenger side as well as one of the Pillow balls was done and messing up my passenger rear alignment. Uneven wear.

Finished swapping tires and inspecting and went to check out Robs car. This thing is really nice. He built a hell of a car. Very Impressive. IF any of you guys havn't ever seen it in person and get the chance too... Make sure you take a few to check it out!! Hand Controls! Gas, foot Brake, Clutch,.... All hand controls because he cannot use his Legs due to paralysis from a dirt bike accident. The car is really cool. Rob is a huge inspiration not just because of his situation.... but because he brings the passion. ALLLL the Passion to do what he loves. And that means so much to me. Thats something you have to look up to.

Supercharged LS making 600ish WHP Gnarly.

Rob will be competing in Top drift this year as well!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #690
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

why cant my damn videos ever be embeded easily!?!?!?!