Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #421
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
LOL WHAT? Couldn't be more wrong.
That's just what I've heard from friends
if I'm wrong then correct the price for me
I'm not a V8 wiz and I don't claim to be one either
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #422
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
1j or 2j for my isn't an option. I'm huge on balance and the weight isn't acceptable in a Schassis. LS for me is attractive for many reasons, weight, reliability, parts availability ect. Price isn't really a problem for me.

Don't get me wrong the Toyota motor is a great way to go, just not for me.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #423
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
^^ that and lets just if we were talking price full complete drop in swaps

2j=ls1
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #424
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Yea and small parts for 2j are harder to find. I can get a whole LS at kragen lol.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #425
Wanabe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
LOL I knew you would want to get your LS now. Dibs on SR partout!

<3
Wanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #426
Wanabe
Zilvia Member

Just gotta get all Nakamura and put that wing on the wall.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #427
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Yea bro. The part out is going to be nuts. Not yet though I haven't totally given up on the SR. Longer gear ratio and try again.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #428
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchondro View Post
That's just what I've heard from friends
if I'm wrong then correct the price for me
I'm not a V8 wiz and I don't claim to be one either
Well, not to be a dick, but there would probably be only 10% of the current LS swaps in S chassis if the motor alone cost 5k.
Iron block based LS' can be had for under 1k, and possibly sub $500 (I know a guy who got a whole LQ9 for $350). Obviously, an aluminum block will be more, but I've seen many full LS1 swaps (t56, ecu, wire harness, etc) for $2.5-3k; I think someone said an LS4 or L77 are the cheapest aluminum LS blocks.
Conversely, I got a full LS2 swap/dropout with about $3k worth of aftermarket parts for $5k, however, that's an extraordinary example where stock full LS2 dropouts run upwards of $7k.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #429
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Iron block LS is absolutely retarded. Might as well go Mustang 5.slow.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #430
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Yea bro. The part out is going to be nuts. Not yet though I haven't totally given up on the SR. Longer gear ratio and try again.
I was thinking gear ratio change as well, except make it shorter. Swap your 4.08 (if that is what you have) to a 4.36. Instead of bouncing off second, you would now be able to shift into the heart of your 3rd gear power band.

I am glad you aren't giving up though.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #431
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Iron block LS is absolutely retarded. Might as well go Mustang 5.slow.
While I agree an iron LS is retarded, I do not concur with going 5.0 over the LS design.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #432
Wanabe
Zilvia Member

/\ I think he was just putting them in the same category, the bad idea category.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #433
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Yea........................

I think longer would be cool, could stay in second.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #434
Wanabe
Zilvia Member

Do what you're gonna do. I've never checked out your build thread, I'm all up in the videos. No shout out with dropping the motor in though jerk!

Last edited by Wanabe; 03-26-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #435
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
For what it's worth, I remember back in the 2005-ish days (last time an SR was really competitive in FD) and there were people going higher numerical ratio for a usable 3rd and 4th gear... the downside is you're always up- or down-shifting in transition and a missed shift suuuuuuucks.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #436
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
For what it's worth, I remember back in the 2005-ish days (last time an SR was really competitive in FD) and there were people going higher numerical ratio for a usable 3rd and 4th gear... the downside is you're always up- or down-shifting in transition and a missed shift suuuuuuucks.
Yea definitely a problem. You know better than anyone how much usable power range you can get out of a LS. 3rd gear is good from like 20 to 100.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #437
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabe View Post
Do what you're gonna do. I've never checked out your build thread, I'm all up in the videos. No shout out with, dropping the motor in though jerk!
Lol look at you trying to steal my thunder. Should have checked out my build thread sooner. It's the tits!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #438
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Pretty sweet blog from Team Feint Heart covering last weekend's ProAm round 1.

Golden Gate Drift ProAm Round 1

Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #439
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Yeah, misshifting is bad... but it is way cheaper to change a rear end than a motor and you probably wont loose any seat time (which is critical). I like shifting

Pimp, l guess you will tell us what you end up doing, all I can say is good luck. Hopefully you get some big ass sponsor who will pay for your shit and help make these kinds of decisions easier.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #440
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Yeah, misshifting is bad... but it is way cheaper to change a rear end than a motor and you probably wont loose any seat time (which is critical). I like shifting

Pimp, l guess you will tell us what you end up doing, all I can say is good luck. Hopefully you get some big ass sponsor who will pay for your shit and help make these kinds of decisions easier.
Someday! I need a agent and marketing manager lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #441
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I've have to get that front bumper finished!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #442
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Is that insert for air going in this new one?
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #443
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Same bumper, I just need to add the group a vent I bought.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #444
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Where did you find that? Id like to through it in my chuki bumper when i do my hmic

Instagram @bankai_r32
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #445
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
Where did you find that? Id like to through it in my chuki bumper when i do my hmic
Got it used. Here is another fancy pic!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #446
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

That is some sexy stuff, you gonna paint the wing?

Instagram @bankai_r32
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #447
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
That is some sexy stuff, you gonna paint the wing?
Definitely. Gloss black.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #448
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
3rd gear does 20~100? 4th gear should be good for 25~130 then. LOL

I don't care what anyone says. LSx swapped S-chassis or FC/FD chassis is super fun to drive.

I swear your car goes to body-shop more often then a show car does.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #449
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
3rd gear does 20~100? 4th gear should be good for 25~130 then. LOL

I don't care what anyone says. LSx swapped S-chassis or FC/FD chassis is super fun to drive.

I swear your car goes to body-shop more often then a show car does.
It does go to the body shop more than a show car because I run it into things all the time. lol
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #450
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nepVWVXouow

Video from Team Feint Heart from ProAm.