Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
deezlins

Trader Rating: (0)
deezlins is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
www.240tuning.com

Hey, have you guys heard of www.240tuning.com. A local guy here started it up, he said he just got it up no too long ago and is still adding parts. It looks pretty promising, and he's a pretty cool guy, so i figured i'd tell you guys about it

Last edited by deezlins; 04-02-2005 at 02:32 PM..
deezlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I didn't know better, I'd swear this is a sad attempt at a marketting ploy

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
BSeay
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

BSeay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BSeay
his apexi strut bar is a rip, i seen that exact bar for a little over $100
Old 04-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
eyustfu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
eyustfu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the whole site is a rip off, people will have better luck on ebay
eyustfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #5
deezlins

thats kinda harsh, give him a chance. He said he was still adding products and editing prices.
It's not a cheap attempt at marketing, I talked to the guy about his site and it seemed pretty cool, so i figured id post about it for him.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:50 PM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
'The guy' doesn't have a name?

Same load of parts and same prices that everyone else carries, nothing to get excited about.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #7
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
Bleh, looks crappy...

I'd trust 240sxMotoring.com over this guy any day.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #8
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
and to think you only got 2 posts..... and "this guy"

good try.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:18 PM   #9
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I was excited about another ROM tune dealy but no =(
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #10
TK
Zilvia Junkie

TK is an unknown quantity at this point
$285 for a b&m shifter... good lord
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #11
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
in before the lock.....just kidding

But honestly, this thread is pointless and I can clearly see this is a
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #12
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
Give the guy a chance, you guys are way to harsh at companies coming out on the market, or companies on the market.

By coming out on the market this company adds pressure to other companies (assuming pricing is decent) and fosters competition, therefore lowering pricing which benefits all of us.

I'm for it! Good luck with your business. (assuming "that guy" is actually you)

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
RSP13-Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #13
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Most of us know the majority of 240SX owners are cheap and like reviews and feedback from a company before they consider them. Not trying to be mean....but if its his own company and he wants to promote it...he should suit another method.....
Old 04-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
RedlineRacer
Zilvia FREAK!

RedlineRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to RedlineRacer Send a message via AIM to RedlineRacer
Nah, these are my boys. Really. They are really cool and do quite a bit of SR swaps. They also do importing. I walked in their shop a few months ago and they had a nice R33 with a RB25DET sitting in it. They do good work and are very trustworthy. I try to do a lot of business with them. They've been doing RX-7 work for years (original called RX-7 Trix), and they are very well known in the RX-7 community.
RedlineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:33 PM   #15
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
the thing that gets me is all the sister sites. Do these guys have split personality issues? I mean hey you would think if you have a shop and are branching out, you would just add to your site and expand it. If your company is name specific then you would announce a name change to better accomadate your expansion. Lots of companies do this. If they have a loyal following the people will follow them through the name change.
Its not like they are some super huge Japanese automobile company that had a perfectly strong brand name and forsook it for the sake of the corporation name. HMMMM do I have even have to say the name of that company? hehehhehehhehehehhehe.
Anyways I do not think they would through their customers off one bit if they did a name change but I can also say the way they have it now it looks quite like they are trying to get more recognition in a area they know nothing about and basing it off the rep of the their other sites.
Plain and simple you want recognition? You build it by commerce and work. I.E. selling parts and working on peoples cars in the particular group of enthusiasts and building cars for your shop and track. use.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #16
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Some companies have valid reasons to branch out. Example, CIPmotorsports.com branched out to 240SXmotoring.com. This is because the name is easier to remember and connects strongly to the 240SX crowd...plus alot of people know Jeff (BoostedS14). Also this allowed CIPmotorsports.com started off as a 240SX site, but now they want to focus on other makes and models.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #17
Ricer240sx
Zilvia Addict

Ricer240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ricer240sx Send a message via MSN to Ricer240sx Send a message via Yahoo to Ricer240sx
Give him a chance, if he is indeed associated with RX7Trix .com and all the other sister sites he has posted, this should be a great place! i have delt with RX7Trix before and they are a GREAT place to deal with!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
s14srpilot
BANNED

s14srpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14srpilot
Aftermarket parts are commodities that can be bought anywhere these days thanks to the internet. Today it's all about marketing (how will the company distinguish itself?), relationships and who you know
s14srpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14srpilot
Aftermarket parts are commodities that can be bought anywhere these days thanks to the internet. Today it's all about marketing (how will the company distinguish itself?), relationships and who you know
I don't dissagree with your statement, Its just the way they chose to do it on their site is seriously poor IMHO, Also I don't dissagree with branching out . Though I do not think branching out means changing your name to a particular model specific title. In fact thats typecasting that can lose business in other areas. It actually will throw off customers that want other products besides that particular brand or model of car.
In the aftermarket car parts and tuning business your better off with a company name that signifies what you do rather than being a particular car or car company name specific IMHO . If your doing a repair shop thats one thing.
Most shops from back in the days of 240z's that were 240z specific are dead and gone no matter how big they were. Why? to much focus on one car. Be it in name or just focusing on that car.
Longevity means being able to flex and change and move with the times.
Now these guys have the right idea I just call to question the logic of how they are going about it . Thats my opinion and thats all it is.
Otherwise good luck to them.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #20
deezlins

No, this is not my website. I just talked to the guy thats doing it and told him i would post about it on some forums for him. If it was my website i would have just said "hey, i just started this 240 parts website, check it out". That wouldnt make any sense for me to pretend to be someone else, how would that help? I guess i can understand how some of you would be kinda skeptical since i dont have many posts on here and stuff.
Yeah the guy thats running it is Robby, he's a nissan guy (he has an s13 with a sr) that works at the shop PSI here in SC, theres also another shop they have in NC, yeah they do rx7trix and all those other sites too. From the way i understand it, the guys working at the shops that know more about certain cars deal more with the websites pertaining to the cars they know about, so its not really like one person just doing a bunch of different sites and not really knowing about the cars, from what i understand.

I guess i should introduce myself, im chris, i drive a 95 240sx SE, im a KA guy, and plan to turbo my ka24de (im hurtin on the $ situation, so that might be a while), im mostly on the NICO forums, and on fresh alloy a little bit. I need to start comin by here more often.

Last edited by deezlins; 04-03-2005 at 03:13 AM..