Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Clarke240

Trader Rating: (0)
Clarke240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My CA19DET build

So, Ive been tinkering with my CA for quite a while now. Started with a basic setup, stock CA block with ARP head studs and Cometic hg and SR T25, and slowly progressed.
Thought I had reached a point to where I was happy a couple months ago with Nistune, a GT2860RS, and DSM 450cc injectors, but then the inevitable happened... broke ring lands on 2 pistons. So instead of being like the majority of CA owners and ditching the power plant, I decided to upgrade and take my misfortune as an excuse to go fully built.

Which brings me where I am currently.
Im using the same necessities as I had before, CXRacing radiator, e-fans, FMIC, Nismo mounts, and my Nistune, just adding some goodies.
I went with 84mm Wiseco pistons, which Im just deleting the oil squirters (I know there is mixed reviews about that on here.)
K1 Rods
ARP head studs
ARP main bolts and rod bolts
The crank has been weighted and polished.
Clevite bearings
FIC 1650cc injectors (to run ethanol)
Custom intake manifold (FabW3rks)
Custom top mount turbo manifold (FabW3rks)
And the turbo I chose to go with is a dual ball bearing Precision 6262 with a .68a/r exhaust.
Tomei 270 cams with a 8.8mm lift (in & ex)
Supertech springs and retainers
Tomei cam gears
The head is being ported by Brandon Bonnewell (owner of FabW3rks)

My power goal is lofty, but again, its just a goal. I would like to settle right in the arena of 500whp. Though I will be happy with anything above 450whp.

Everything has been purchased with the exception of the cams/springs & retainers/ gears. I will also need to upgrade my ACT street/strip clutch which I purchased for my last setup not even 200 miles ago...

Eventually I will purchase the Mazworx Z32 trans adapter kit and a Z32 trans, but I simply can not afford that at the moment.

The engine is being machined and the short block assembled at CNC Engine Dynamics in Winchester, VA.

Hoping to have the complete build done right around tax time, so February/March, as funds allow.

**If anyone wants the stock cams from the CA or the ACT Street/Strip clutch, PM me**

Here are a few pictures from my last setup to where I am now:

My old setup

My 240

84mm Wiseco pistons

90mm billet throttle body for the new intake mani

K1 rods

FIC 1650cc injectors (not the fuel rail)

dbb Precision 6262

Just dropped the block off at CNC Engine Dynamics to be machined/assembled

Feel free to leave any feedback. Im not an avid poster on the forums, and usually stick to the S-Chassis Owners group on Facebook, but Im open to suggestions and feedback.

Tyler
Clarke240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. CAs are nice. Is this drift build or street?
PG BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Clarke240

Clarke240 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a street build that I may take to the occasional Drift Nirvana at Summit Point. I'm in the process of trading the 6262 for a GT2871r 52 trim, inlet and outlet pipes, and a bottom mount manifold. I think it will have much better tendencies for street driving. Power goal will drop down to about 375whp which I think is a good streetable power number.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Clarke240 is offline   Reply With Quote