Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:03 AM   #11491
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/27/...ris-auto-show/

I can appreciate this.

When your chassis is old af just add power.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #11492
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/27/...ris-auto-show/

I can appreciate this.

When your chassis is old af just add power.
The 17+ is on a new chassis. Previous was the 2007 G chassis with new skin. The big problem with it still is that it's a heavy. 4,024 lb
Old 09-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #11493
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
These cars are getting too expensive too.

The red 400 infiniti or whatever it's called is like $54k. I miss the old g35/37 especially when they sold under 40k. Part of the appeal of infinitis back then was it was a great deal relative to German offerings. Today not so much.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #11494
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
2019 3 series reveal

https://jalopnik.com/2019-bmw-3-seri...dif-1829450305

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...-info-pricing/

Seems quite controversial. Manual transmission is no longer an option.

I like interior a lot and don't mind the exterior save the Lexus like tail lights. $41k to start seems reasonable-ish to me for the 330 but good luck getting a car with little options.

I look forward to future reviews and get more feedback on how well it drives.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 10-02-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Old 10-02-2018, 06:56 PM   #11495
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
^

Totally uninterested.

But THIS has potential! https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2018/10...-returns-2020/ Rotary/Hybrid is officially returning in 2020!
Old 10-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #11496
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
The 3 series has been a snorefest since, what the f80? It's all about the 2 series now.

I won't hold my breath on this ev rotary thingie.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:05 AM   #11497
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I don't see myself getting any of the newer 3 series, but what worries me is bmw's direction to move away from manual transmissions in general.

I do like the m2 a lot and I would be terribly sad if the next m2 was auto only. It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #11498
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
^

Totally uninterested.

But THIS has potential! https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2018/10...-returns-2020/ Rotary/Hybrid is officially returning in 2020!
It's a little 330cc pancake in the trunk that's used as a range extender. More an electric care with a backup.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #11499
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
IIRC, how the (chevy) bolt is setup, it sounds like the new rotary/hybrid will be similar in design.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #11500
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
IIRC, how the (chevy) bolt is setup, it sounds like the new rotary/hybrid will be similar in design.
Bolt is pure electric. Volt has a 1398cc motor under the hood hooked up to a generator.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #11501
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Bolt is pure electric. Volt has a 1398cc motor under the hood hooked up to a generator.
Pretty sure the Volt is a more traditional hybrid where the engine can drive the car directly as needed. i3 maybe a better comparison though that may be able to transmit torque to the wheels as well, I'm not sure.

Why a rotary though, because it's compact? The emissions and efficiency are both terrible.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #11502
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Pretty sure the Volt is a more traditional hybrid where the engine can drive the car directly as needed. i3 maybe a better comparison though that may be able to transmit torque to the wheels as well, I'm not sure.

Why a rotary though, because it's compact? The emissions and efficiency are both terrible.

The engine in the volt is not directly coupled to the drivetrain. It is only connected to a generator.

I think the i3 is a good example because the range extender option is a little moped motor under the trunk floor next to the spare tire well. The problem with it is that it’s heavy and loud. Anyone that has cruised on a moped at WOT knows how bad the drone can get.
Going to a little 330cc rotary on its side would be more compact and lightweight. Spin at a higher RPM which a generator likes. Stock rotaries are smoother and quieter than a single cylinder thumping away.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #11503
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
The engine in the volt is not directly coupled to the drivetrain. It is only connected to a generator.
This is 100% correct. The engine runs at a near constant RPM, like a generator, to power the car most efficiently.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #11504
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
https://www.greencarreports.com/news...c-hybrid-modes

Quote:
But while GM hasn't explicitly said so, it's no longer as much of a range-extended electric car (or "series hybrid").

The new 2016 Volt should be viewed as a more conventional plug-in hybrid, with engine torque now being sent to the wheels through a mechanical connection whenever the engine is on.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #11505
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The guy who designed the IDX posted this on IG. He posted a new electric version recently too. Not that it’s ever going to happen but I appreciate that he still loves the design obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #11506
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
This thread always makes me sad over the years. I think the peak/ spilling point was the IDx failure - everything has seemed negative since then. The fact that we are headed to an all automatic future pretty much kills sport cars, and it hurts my heart a little.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #11507
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
that poster in post 11505 looks like some high school kid designed it 5-10 mins before the project was due. LOL

so many questions. lol
Old 10-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #11508
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

The question that baffles me the most is why there is a photo of some man on fashion runway along the sketch of that Lego truck? It makes no sense.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #11509
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

the dude on the runway sort of reminds me of jim parsons at a quick glance (Sheldon from big bang). lol
Old 10-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #11510
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I think the concept would look better with a giant photo of Jim Parson's face wrapped over the body.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 PM   #11511
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
that poster in post 11505 looks like some high school kid designed it 5-10 mins before the project was due. LOL

so many questions. lol
Believe me, it’s the IDX designer.

That image is obviously a super rough way of getting an idea “on paper”. The car is dead, but he still likes to fuck with the design because he knows it was so well received. He’s either doing little stuff like this or Delorean concepts.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #11512
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Believe me, it’s the IDX designer.

He’s either doing little stuff like this or Delorean concepts.

Yeah I follow him too lol. I legit had 8 grand cash ready to drop a down payment on that idX.

/insert shaking my head gif

Car is still fire though

collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #11513
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Yeah I follow him too lol. I legit had 8 grand cash ready to drop a down payment on that idX.

/insert shaking my head gif

Car is still fire though

I had the money ready to buy too. Such a sad loss, especially with so much hype. I figured I would grab the IDX when launched and sell my s14 I have owned for 13 years in 2023 and get the s15 for my track car. But alas, Nissan ruined that and now I will just keep my s14 (which honestly I have so many memories in it would be difficult to sell at this point) and buy the s15 with the money I would have used on the IDx in 2023.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #11514
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Not RWD, but I'm really liking the Veloster N. Price point is quite attractive at USD$ 28-30k. and it should be a solid successor to the focus st and mazdaspeed 3.

I just hope hyundai won't screw up lack of supply like honda with their ctr, resulting in offensive dealer markups. I hope it'll outperform the ctr.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...k-test-review/
Old 11-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #11515
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Not RWD, but I'm really liking the Veloster N. Price point is quite attractive at USD$ 28-30k. and it should be a solid successor to the focus st and mazdaspeed 3.

I just hope hyundai won't screw up lack of supply like honda with their ctr, resulting in offensive dealer markups. I hope it'll outperform the ctr.

I'm going to sound like an old man, but dat 10year/100,000 mile warranty tho!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #11516
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Right, that totally sweetens the deal!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #11517
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

Interesting article. Never been a fan of Velostar looks. The car looks Focus ST size. Also interesting the writer being a fellow FiST owner, and considering that the FiST is considered to be ome of the most fun cars to drive in modern day cars. His statement of like the car, yet he was not shouting to the trees how awesome it was. His enthusiasm seemed reserved. Lol
It does seem like Hyundai is trying to go after both the FiST and FoST. Well as the GTI in one fell swoop. Thats a tall order .
I stll say we have to see on this one and I do admit to never being a Hyundai fan. Thouh I can admit that now make reliable cars.

I still think the FiST is hard to top in shear driving enjoyment. I know former Porsche owners, former Focus RS owners, BMW M3 and M2 owners, WRX STI and EVO owners that all own FiST’s now.
Those are some tall shoes for Hyundai to fill.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #11518
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Supra will debut in Detroit. I'm still planning on going. I have a job floating around that time and this would be the first time 19 years I won't make it.

Also, very excited for the new Mazda 3.
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/13/...s-kai-concept/
They just announced the CX5 with the 2.5t in it (same 250hp 310ft lb tq as the CX9 that I have, which is pretty damn quick), and I'm hoping they put it in the 3 and make it a true hot hatch again. Because from the spy shots it looks virtually identical to the drop dead gorgeous Kai concept from last year. Sorry, but none of the mainstream brands can touch Mazda on styling currently.

Last edited by exitspeed; 11-14-2018 at 02:58 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:14 AM   #11519
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Interesting article. Never been a fan of Velostar looks. The car looks Focus ST size. Also interesting the writer being a fellow FiST owner, and considering that the FiST is considered to be ome of the most fun cars to drive in modern day cars. His statement of like the car, yet he was not shouting to the trees how awesome it was. His enthusiasm seemed reserved. Lol
It does seem like Hyundai is trying to go after both the FiST and FoST. Well as the GTI in one fell swoop. Thats a tall order .
I stll say we have to see on this one and I do admit to never being a Hyundai fan. Thouh I can admit that now make reliable cars.

I still think the FiST is hard to top in shear driving enjoyment. I know former Porsche owners, former Focus RS owners, BMW M3 and M2 owners, WRX STI and EVO owners that all own FiST’s now.
Those are some tall shoes for Hyundai to fill.
I'm not really sure the Fiesta st really has any meaningful competitor, especially if you can get one at discount. It's a real shame the next model won't get sold in the US (hope the Ford ceo gets his ass fired).

I've been skeptical of hyundai in the past, but I think the veloster n is wonderful step in the right direction. It would not be my first choice if I were to get a fun car, but I also want to acknowledge that they moving in a direction I wish other manufacturers would follow or continue.

No its not the best looking car and I wish there was the i30 N instead, but I also think there's not a huge amount of fun cars under $35k today that has so many positive qualities (stick, lighter, fun to drive, performs well, handles well, etc). That a company still makes a fun car in stick today pretty much is an act of charity.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #11520
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Also, very excited for the new Mazda 3.
They just announced the CX5 with the 2.5t in it (same 250hp 310ft lb tq as the CX9 that I have, which is pretty damn quick), and I'm hoping they put it in the 3 and make it a true hot hatch again. Because from the spy shots it looks virtually identical to the drop dead gorgeous Kai concept from last year. Sorry, but none of the mainstream brands can touch Mazda on styling currently.
I hope your right. I've been waiting for this new kai concept Mazda 3 to come out. We all knew it wouldn't look exactly as the concept car, but I am glad to see it's pretty damn close... and with a 3rd pedal!

I may just attend to LA auto show this year.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote