Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:29 AM   #1
Charleyr1

Trader Rating: (0)
Charleyr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Evo 8 recaros into s13

The only threads I found on this were a few years old and a few said they made them work but never explained how. The seat isn’t a standard recaro bolt and my head is about 3 inches from the roof. The seat sits extremely high regardless. I need it to sit a few inches lower. What can I get to achieve this? Standard rails will not fit
Charleyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There's a website that sells lowering brackets for the Evo 8/9 seats. They're intended to be used with the seats as mounted in the Evo. Not sure if they'll work for your application but it's worth checking into.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Charleyr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
There's a website that sells lowering brackets for the Evo 8/9 seats. They're intended to be used with the seats as mounted in the Evo. Not sure if they'll work for your application but it's worth checking into.
Thanks for the info. I just looked into it an unfortunately it’s only for the evo. A thread from 2011 said something about using a modified wedge seat rail but I couldn’t find any more info besides that
Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #4
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Right it's for the evo seat rails I wasn't sure what your mounting method was.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
Charleyr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Right it's for the evo seat rails I wasn't sure what your mounting method was.
Stock s13 mounting points. Looking at the brackets they have the front might work but the rear won’t in the factory location. For $125 they want for them I don’t want to work off of these might work. I’m not even sure what rails I have now, I bought them used. Maybe modified stock rails idk. I fudged up and threw away my stock seats before sitting in the car so I’m kind of in a bind now.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #6
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i have seen them in other cars...iirc you just redrill the rails you want to use to fit the bolt pattern under the seat
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
Charleyr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
i have seen them in other cars...iirc you just redrill the rails you want to use to fit the bolt pattern under the seat
So basically just order whatever the lowest rail I can find and redrill them for the seats? These also have sliders in them. I wonder if I take the sliders out will it drop the seat more. I would like it to be 4inches lower than what it sits now