Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-26-2018, 06:08 AM   #1
Sr20SilviaS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Sr20SilviaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S13 Exhaust that clears aero bumpers

Im sure this thread is somewhere but googling and searching has lead me no where. I currently have HKS Hi-Power on my vert with a rocket bunny rear bumper. I cant extend the muffler far enough to clear the bumper as much as i would like. this exhaust doesnt owe me anything and before i start looking into generic mufflers with longer tips, anyone know of a cat back that clears aero? i know there is a tanabe? or someone that makes a cat back with an adjustable tip but it ran 1K.

Sorry if this has been asked 10000 times.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
Fujitsubo power getter
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:00 PM   #3
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i once ran an s14 long pipe with s13 axle back. really fucky combo but it looked really good with whatever dumbass rep aero i ran at the time.
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #4
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Im having the same problem currently. I just installed an origin rear bumper, and now I have to chop up my brand new hi power to make it fit -_-
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
Sr20SilviaS13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Im having the same problem currently. I just installed an origin rear bumper, and now I have to chop up my brand new hi power to make it fit -_-
Yeah thats my dilemma, it doesnt look like i have enough space before the muffler hits the sheet metal though. Id rather sell the Hi Power and just buy something that fits.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
cut the muffler piping, add pipe length, reweld hangers... thats about your only option unless you wanna go find the discontinued HKS titanium based exhaust that had an adjustable length tip made for aftermarket bumpers.

catbacks are built around using the OEM rear bumper... not aftermarket bumpers.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:20 PM   #7
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Weld longer pipe to existing exhaust. Rocket Science.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr20SilviaS13 View Post
Im sure this thread is somewhere but googling and searching has lead me no where. I currently have HKS Hi-Power on my vert with a rocket bunny rear bumper. I cant extend the muffler far enough to clear the bumper as much as i would like. this exhaust doesnt owe me anything and before i start looking into generic mufflers with longer tips, anyone know of a cat back that clears aero? i know there is a tanabe? or someone that makes a cat back with an adjustable tip but it ran 1K.

Sorry if this has been asked 10000 times.
I've got the Apex-i Ti, which has the extendable tip as well, but it is pricey. I was actually thinking of selling it, but I think I'm going to keep it until my build is done, and see how it looks since I'm running aftermarket aero as well.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
supermade exhaust is designed for aero bumper
https://www.nengun.com/super-made/vi...al-tip-exhaust

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:41 AM   #10
Sr20SilviaS13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
cut the muffler piping, add pipe length, reweld hangers... thats about your only option unless you wanna go find the discontinued HKS titanium based exhaust that had an adjustable length tip made for aftermarket bumpers.

catbacks are built around using the OEM rear bumper... not aftermarket bumpers.

The point being that HKS muffler has such a huge diameter, it will hit the body before it gets out far enough or you have to hang it low enough to clear that and will look terrible.