Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2016, 01:06 AM   #26
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for the positive feedback Tricky.
Another fun project from earlier this year on the car was the catch can install. LS engines are notorious for blow by and a catch can is definitely a good idea to help keep the intake tract clean. I went with the Radium Engineering single catch can after seeing it at PRI. The attention to detal on it made it an easy choice, its anodized billet aluminum with a bottom drain, a dipstick to check the level and it threads apart for cleaning.

When I received the can they didn't have a LS specific bracket and I had the pleasure of working with them to design and prototype one.

I'm going to need to get some pics up with the bracket anodized and the can plumbed in soon. Mine is an early prototype so it looks a little different from what the ended up with, but the version they sell keeps the same position for the can and the same basic design, just minus the logo.

Also, I've made a decision on my new tire size 285/30R18 square, and I received a couple packages this week.

I chose the Federal 595RS-R because they run wide (once they clear, the rest, Yokohama, Dunlop, Ect should clear too) seem to have good reviews, and they're cheap. I also picked up some 5-lug hubs.

I went with Contano/Tomegun fronts and used 300zx N/A rear, I was strongly considering Ichiba or new S14 OEM for the rear, but the 300zx hub just looks beefier than the others that I had seen.

They all appear to be thinned in between the wheel studs, like the Ichiba's in the picture, while it's probably ok, I just think you would want all the beef you can get on them.

My next steps are:
Picking out a wheel, I'm going to run something between 18x10 and 18x11, making it fit in the front while maintaining reasonable steering angle, and working out the rest of the details on the body work to fit the extra width in the front and keep the rear proportional.