Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
thebigjc

Trader Rating: (2)
thebigjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bluvantage Boost Controller

Just a quick review of something I found that I thought was cool. Hope its helpful to anyone looking at one.

Here is a pick of the installed pieces, and some of the car.

I have a 1990 240sx with a redtop swap and wanted a boost controller. I was looking for one with a small footprint and that was easy to program, the Bluvantage Boost Controller is exactly that. Its a programmable boost controller that uses your phone as the programmer, with a boost gauge built in, multiple boost settings, and if you have a phone mount on your dash you can mount it for easy access, or it can be a zero foot print when you want, just keep it in your pocket.

It has 3 adjustable setting, Street, Race, and Manual. I set Street for stock boost at 7 psi, and Race for 11 since I only have stock internals, and few bolt on upgrades(FMIC, 550cc injectors, 3" exhaust, and Walbro 255, the standard redtop kit) I didnt want to go crazy. The kit had everything needed, and was a very easy install. The brass T fittings were much nicer than the steel pieces I had, and the tubing was good quality. In all honesty, it took me longer to decide where to mount the 2 pieces(circled in blue below) and run the lines than to install it.

Pairing was quick and easy, and the device comes with a pin specifically associated to your Bluetooth module for security which the software asks for when connecting the first time. After that was done when I start my car, and open the app it connects right up. I still haven't finalized the wire placement between the solenoid and the vacuum/Bluetooth module but it works great non the less. I used an existing ground in the engine bay, and ran the power to the cabin off my stereo's ignition on power line.

Last edited by thebigjc; 09-03-2017 at 12:24 AM..
thebigjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
seagrasser
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
seagrasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anymore updates on this? Has it behaved over the last few months?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
so if you don't have the phone in the car, or the app running, it still functions, right?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I imagine these units blowing up shit tons of subarus and evo's at the weee hours of the morning.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote