Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
noodl35
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
noodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to noodl35
Tightening ARP head studs

Okay, I already have a set of preloaded arp headstuds for my sr. I'm putting a new head on my block. I lost that sheet of instructions that came with the arp headstuds so i just followed the FSM. BTW im using a 1.18mm cometic HG. Okay so this is what i did, since they are preloaded(already torqued down before) I skipped the first 2 steps of tightening to 22lbs,then 58lbs then loosen. So i just went straight ahead to tighten to 33lbs, then did the 2 90 degree turns on all nuts. I think i may have torqued them wrong because i think arp has different torque settings. But i know of some people who have done their arp torque settngs following the fsm. Am I right or did i do it wrong. I dont want to put everythign back together unless I'm forsure i torqued the head down correctly. Thanks.
noodl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2005, 12:37 AM   #2
eyustfu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
eyustfu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I thought that the FSM instructions were ment ONLY for the OEM headstuds.
eyustfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:19 AM   #3
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yeah, ARP studs have a much lower torque than stock if I remember correctly. I believe it's on phase2's website so check it out.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote